“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tyndall, South Dakota
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

If you are looking for a clean, budget frienly hotel with great service then you will not be disappointed. Stayed here on business and couldn't have been more pleased. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable and service was excellent. The room I was initially supposed to stay in had a problem with the key card access. After trying multiple keys, they finally moved me to a different room. The only room availble with a microwave and fridge was a suite which they provided at no additional charge. The breakfast is a little limited with only toast, muffins and donuts but adequate for something light. With the money that you save on the rate, you can put that towards a nice breakfast. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
KyleJohnson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Dear HuskerPa,

Thank you so much for the positive review. Your postive comments mean the world to us and we will continue to work hard to earn those favorable comments. We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future and until then, be safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Souix Falls recently. When we originally booked for late January we had to cancel our reservations due to a change in our route - I called to cancel and the young man on the phone was VERY pleasant and said the he hoped we might stay on our way home . His attitude and friendly manner made us want to stay on our way home. We did and and I have to say that it was the best Pet Friendly Hotel we have ever stayed in. The staff was VERY courteous and helpful - the rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great.The only thing I would suggest is that maybe you have a 'poop bag' dispenser for your customers who have to walk their dogs. I always take my own but noticed that a few dog owners did not respect the "unspoken rules" of having a 4-legged travelling companion with them which I think is also VERY disrespectful to the hotel. We would DEFINATELY stay there again next time we go south.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am excited to see you had a positive experience staying with us. It is always encouraging to hear that we met your lodging needs while in Sioux Falls. I also appreciate your suggestion and have conveyed this to our owners. We look forward to seeing you again when you pass thru Sioux Falls. Have safe travels and thank you.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

This hotel was clean and tidy. Everything you would expect for this type of hotel chain. It was cheaper than average. I have awarded it 5 stars due to the fact that I rather stupidly left my camera in the room before driving hundreds of miles into Minnesota. After a few calls with the hotel (I think it was Jason) my camera had been posted back to me at my next stop without any argument. It's when you have problems that you really see good customer service coming in to action. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Was in town for a job interview and found this hotel in a travel guide from a truck stop. It was a last minute decision to spend the night. With coupon from the travel guide, it was about 45 bucks for the night.
It is kind of off the side of a main road, you don't see it unless you've got directions to the place. Nothing special on the outside. Ample parking. Judging by the cars in the lot, there were only a few people staying here that night. Inside, it is very clean! I was expecting bad, because of the price, but wow! Very clean! Front desk staff was very nice and gladly answered questions I had about the area. Check-in was quick and painless.
The room itself was smaller, but again, very clean. Carpets looked to be newer.. wasn't afraid to walk barefoot on them. Soaps, towels, ice bucket and plastic cups were provided, but there was no fridge or microwave in the room. Would have been nice to have a little fridge, but not a deal-killer.
Room has ample lighting, high speed net, nice desk and chair, newer-looking dresser. My room was right next to the interstate and it was very quiet with the window closed.

Overall - Great value for the price! Very simple, very clean rooms. Will definitely stay here again if the chance arises.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor survey. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay. We strive to make our rooms clean, quiet, and comfortable, at an affordable price. It is nice to hear that our staff was helpful and available to answer your questions. I also would like you to know, we do have rooms available with microwave and fridge should you return. I want to thank you again for your comments and it is was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope we see you again soon. Thank you.
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I travel for long periods of time. We usually spend the whole summer away for work. It is really easy to become homesick! The people at this hotel were so sweet and welcoming that I found it really difficult to say goodbye. Our stay at the hotel was on and off for a 3 month period traveling between South Dakota and Wisconsin. If given the choice we always chose to stay at the South Dakota side of our trip because that is where we felt so much at home. The staff went above and beyond to meet our needs and were always there to guide us along the way. I look forward to a return trip to see our new found "family". It was also always clean and very nice as far as the rooms were concerned. The housekeepers were always there to make sure you had everything that was needed while respecting your privacy and still maintaining a clean room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to the South Dakota area, you would not be disappointed and what a value!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. It is always exciting to hear positive guest comments and it is equally exciting to know that you felt at home at the Sioux Falls Red Roof. We try very hard to make our guests feel welcome. It is nice to hear that our staff took great care of you and the rooms where to your liking. We strive to make a guests stay comfortable and it appears we met our goal. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
des moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Second time we've stayed here and happy both times. Right next door is a casino which is really a bar with machines. But they don't make any noise and the bar has good food and friendly people. We were there on a Friday night and had a nice time watching a baseball game and having sandwiches. I am a card carrying memeber of the United Transportation Union so our room was under $60.00.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review to Tripadvisor. Thank you for the nice compliments. We enjoy hearing that your both your stays where enjoyable. The staff at the Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls works hard to provide clean rooms and a comfortable stay. Our staff also strives to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated. I want to thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls and we hope you return to see us again in the future. Thank you.
Glendive, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We were very pleased with everything this establishment had to offer! The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, quiet and recently updated. What a great value also! We will definately stay in this motel in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Thank you for you gracious and kind words. We are excited to see that your stay was as you had hoped. Our staff works hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms, and a friendly environment. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope your travels continue to be safe and enjoyable. Thank you again for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls.

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!