“Good choice for a clean value priced room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Lake Forest, CA
“Good choice for a clean value priced room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I wasn't sure of what to expect, but I was fine with the room. It's not fancy, but it was clean which is most important to me. It is in a great location with many dining choices and the interstate is also close by. For a short term stay, this place will fit the bill.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

The hotel was clean, spacious, had friendly staff, close to Empire mall and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, SD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

This room is right next to the lobby, which actually wasn't the main problem. It also was directly adjacent to the pool room - and the hot tub jet motors, which were very loud in the room. (The head of the beds abut the wall where the motors reside.)
The night clerk sheepishly admitted this was the case when I inquired what was making the noise. He then said the pool room would close at midnight, so that was when the problem would be solved. This didn't do great things for our rest traveling with a 9-month-old who wakes up at 6 am.
Things got way worse in the morning when the toilet overflowed (for unknown reason) and the only assistance hotel staff offered was the use of another room down the hall. We had a ton of stuff (baby) to haul down in our pjs, plus dealing with the baby and wading through the water that had collected right by our room door.
There was no offer of a discount either. I wanted to ask for one, but my mom (who was paying) didn't want that, so I refrained.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Fletcher, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I had been traveling for a few days when I stayed at the Comfort Inn South in Sioux Falls and this hotel was by far the busiest that I had encountered. There were several people hanging around in the pool/hot tub/lobby area, and the place was a little too congested.

My first room on the ground floor was unacceptable, as there was a lot of noise from the room above. As opposed to just footsteps, though, the floor seemed to creak. When I was moved to the second floor, I noticed that the hotel had no elevator, just two flights of carpeted stairs. My second floor room was fine, but the floor seemed to creak there as well. Architecturally, I think that this building has probably seen better days. The redeeming factor about the rooms was that the bed was awesome. The mattress was very comfortable, and I slept well.

Although the front desk clerk was welcoming and helpful in allowing me to change rooms, I had to ring the bell for assistance when I came to the desk and it always took the staff some time to answer the phone. Most other hotels seem to have an attendant always present at the front desk.

I'll recommend this hotel for a one-night stay, but if you are planning on staying in Sioux Falls for a longer period of time, I would guess that you could probably spend the same amount ($81 was my rate) and get something better.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Lakeville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

After reading some of the reviews I wonder if we had the same hotel. We did get there early ( a little after lunch) but we got a HUGE room just behind the office with a fridge, coffee maker and two of the best beds I've seen in a hotel! Soft pillow top and 4 super Pillows per bed--I had brought my own because they are usually too flimsy but these were better than mine! the rooms were quiet, heater was perfect, bathroom was clean nothing bad to say about it. Nice breakfast setup ( We had to meet someone over Breakfast so only had coffee there)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Snohomish, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

The bed was old and saggy, the furuture needed updating and the room was not very clean. The breakfast was not bad. Stay someplace else.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

My wife & I had problems with this hotel both before and during my three day stay. We booked a room several months in advance. When we talked to the clerk, we indicated that we would like a room with a fridge. She told us that they had some spare refrigerators, and that she would definitely mark us down for one, along with a king bed. We called back about a week before our stay to confirm, and a different clerk told us that not only did we NOT have a fridge, but we were booked in a double queen room. We asked what happened, and she offered to upgrade us to a king suite for an extra $10/night -- so we signed up for the suite.

Upon arrival, we were told that we had STILL been booked for a double queen regular room with no fridge. When we asked about the fridge, she said that the hotel did NOT have any extra ones at all, so she's not sure why we had been promised one in the first place. Luckily, though, they did have a suite that we were able to snag for the weekend.

We had various issues throughout the weekend. The second day we were there, we left the room at 9 am, and when we returned at 4 pm, housekeeping had not cleaned the room, and the workers had already left for the day. On the third day, our toilet started backing up. We notified the clerk, who seemed really disinterested, and all she told us what that there was no janitor on duty. We asked if she had a plunger, and she just jotted down our room number without really saying anything. Four hours later, we talked to a different clerk who came right up and fixed the problem immediately.

For the most part we did not use the pool, but it seemed like the chlorine level was unusually high. Maybe we just went in at a bad time.

Other than that, the hotel itself is a fairly nice one. The breakfast was very good, and the rooms are decent. The problem seems to be with some of their current employees -- some are very nice & helpful, and others just don't care at all.

• Liked — Rooms were clean; breakfast was good
  • Disliked — Poor attitude & cluelessness from some staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn & Suites South? Share your experiences!