“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Stonewall, Manitoba
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were travelling to Vegas and stayed one night. The first room we were offered did not have a key that would work. The next room was no smoking that had a strong smoke smell. The breakfast was just ok. I would not go back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm just guessing but some of the reviews for Comfort Inn South may have been for Comfort Inn Suites right next door.

We stayed at Comfort Inn South and were disappointed. The bathroom was so small we had to back up next to the toilet then turn sideways to open the door!

The room was okay, nothing special. The breakfast was okay but looked unappealing. My husband said it was fine, I ate peanut butter on an English muffin.

The breakfast area is very unusual. Certainly not handicap accessible. There are steps, several different counters and limited space to move around.

We wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room we had was very spacious with a desk set up to accommodate lap tops and several outlets throughout the room on lamps to accommodate chargine your electronic gadgets. Beds were nicely appointed with comfortable clean linens. The room also had a sofa and small kitchenette in it. Bathroom was clean and a decent size.

The only down side to this room was that the solid drapes didn't close and there was a light outside the window that glared in all night. I am sensitive to light in the room, so once I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I had difficulty getting back to sleep. There was also a small wall near the kitchenette that jutted out close to a table that make it interesting to navigate to the bathroom in the middle of the night...the light blaring into the room from the window did help navigate this though.

Breakfast was included and there is a pool and exercise room. Overall, this hotel was worth the money that we paid for it and we would stay at it again.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a room away from the lights outside...In our case the hotel was full, so we took wha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodland Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Another stop on our road trip, I was armed with my Hotel Coupons book for this hotel. Leave it to South Dakota to have a baseball tournament on the day we arrive -- the rooms for the coupon were full and the only room left was a handicapped one. We would probably hear the same story from the other hotels in the area, so we took the room.

We used my boyfriend's military discount and Comfort Inn has offered the best one we have found during this entire trip - a room for $139 was discounted to $109.

Staff was very friendly and breakfast was pretty good. What I didn't like about our room was that everytime someone new rus closed their door it made a big sound that made it sound like OUR door was being slammed. Other than that, though, it was a comfy one night stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff was so friendly and helpful. The motel was in a very convenient location. I had booked the motel before I left home , I feel I made a good choice we were very close to restaurants. The motel was very clean and the coffee was great. I would recommend, and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff were friendly, the room was older but clean, breakfast was pretty good. Tiny bathroom though. It's conveniently located right off of the interstate and within walking distance of restaurants. The pool and hot tub reeked of bleach, but still felt great after a loooong day of driving.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is right off Rt 29 but you don't hear the traffic from inside the hotel. We were alarmed at first because the front desk clerk was on the phone when we arrived and she ignored us for many minutes. Once she hung up, she explained they were having systems difficulties getting their reservations downloaded, and indeed, my reservation was not located. The clerk looked at my confirmation email and provided us with exactly the room/price we were expecting, so it all worked out.
We reserved a two-Queen room with mini fridge and microwave and thought the room was spacious for an economy hotel chain. The TV was not HD but we had a generous selection of channels. I always travel with my own hair care products so I was not too put off to find the only amenity was a small clear shampoo. Free WiFi helped me catch up with business.
In the morning we found the free breakfast included the usual pastries, cereals, waffle maker, juices and coffees, and we also saw whole fruits, a pleasant surprise.
Don't stay here if you want luxury and prestige, but if you want a quiet, comfortable room at an economy price then this selection will be great.

Room Tip: A lack of elevator makes 2nd floor rooms the better choice because there will be fewer guests climbi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends