“Comfort Inn South Sioux Falls” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Comfort Inn South Sioux Falls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed here several times the past few years and have always found it very affordable. The beds are comfortable and the employees are usually helpful and friendly. Breakfast is very satisfying. Location is right off the Interstate, too so it is easy to find.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Comfort Inn South in Sioux Falls was decent - I had a large room - King Bed - Sofa... used Choice reward points - felt it was worth it!
The breakfast was decent, the staff was nice, room was clean... nothing special just a good stay.

................................

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Did not stay here! Would not stay here! The liars don't honor coupons even when they have the rooms available. We call and ask about rooms and availability, so the room was available. Derek on the phone pretty much told me he can fill up without the coupons. I wouldn't stay here.. I just went on south to Sioux City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lamar, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on a two day trip. Even though we checked the room before we left, I somehow overlooked my phone on the table. I didn't miss it for many miles down the road. My husband called the hotel which found my phone and held it for me as we were going to travel back through Souix Falls in three days. When we arrived to pick up my phone, the manager was not available to unlock his office and fetch my phone, but when the staff member called the manager, he came right over (in fewer than 5 minutes). It was no trouble at all! Their customer service was excellent and that is worth a lot to me.

Room Tip: The room was fine. I just find that hotel pillows are usually too fluffy for my liking. Our room n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The location was handy for meals, shopping and had ideal access to the interstate. It was convenient to the part of town I would be spending most of my time. The hotel room and hotel in general was clean. Some of the furniture was a bit worn, but the bed and pillows were comfortable.

The hotel actually was quite quiet overall - except for the floor to the room above me. I was there for a week, so had several different guests residing above me throughout that time period. Unfortunately most of them seem to rise around 5:30 am. I was awoken almost every morning by the most awful creaking from the floor above. One guest apparently weighed enough that the groaning and creaking of the floor gave me concerns that the floor might actually cave in.

The housekeeping staff seemed to take pride in the quality of their work and the staff in general was friendly. The breakfast was typical of most breakfasts currently served at motels. They did a fairly good job of keeping it stocked though there appeared to not be sufficient seating available during most of the breakfast period.

Even with the AAA discount, I am not sure it was much more than an average value. I have certainly paid less and gotten more or paid a little more and gotten much more. It will probably not be my first choice if other rooms are available at some of the other motels/hotels in the immediate vicinity.

Overall - it served its purpose of being a place to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Great Falls, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was NOT in a very nice area. It is crowded into a small area with a not so nice hotel on one side and the Comfort Suites on the other.

The assistant manager/manager was very rude. We have NEVER had trouble checking into a Comfort Inn because my name was the only one on the reservation. My husband went to check us in, after a very long driving day. But, he was asked to show his drivers license and still had to come out to the car and get me to provide more info. I then had to show my drivers license, credit card and Choice Hotel card. Then we had to fill out info on our auto and I had to sign a receipt before they check us in. When my husband asked for a receipt they said it would be delivered and was not and we had to go after it. The breakfast area is very small so people were tripping on each other and the food choices left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites South? Share your experiences!