“Stay Away!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Fairport, NY
“Stay Away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Two words...... Bed Bugs!!!

We had a reservation at this location on July 23rd and we always check the room before bringing any of our belongings in. Upon inspecting one of the beds, my wife noticed a small blood stain appear on the sheet, as she pulled up the mattress pad, more blood stains started appearing as the bugs were bursting. As we looked closer, there was one that was crawling around on the pillow.

We immediately went down to the front desk and brought them up to the room to show them. They offered to get us another room on the same floor a few doors down. We were not going to do that at all as there was the possibility of that room being infested as well.

The staff was accomodating to our request to relocate us to another hotel at the same rate we had booked. We ended up moving to the Comfort Inns and Suites in the same area.

I would have pictures to share, but we didn't want to spend another minute in that room!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on two nights about a week apart. Clean rooms with excellent pillows
bit a mattress that was a little too soft. Both weekends we had softball teams staying there too,
but the kids were well behaved and not too loud. Go Ice! Breakfast was well supplyed thru it's
duration. If you have never been to Sioux Falls make sure and check out their namesake
water falls in downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This is a first for me. The hotel said they were required to photo copy not only my credit card, but my drivers license. I protested telling them if they have one dishonest employee that my information could be used to steal my identity. The assistant manager to ld me that his management required it although he understood, he couldn't check us in. I knew there were several events in to wn and so was under pressure to take the room and accept their terms, however I will never stay there agai n and I also lodged a complaint with choice hotels but have not heard anything back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Woodstock, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I reserved a room here 7/15/2012 while I was on the road between Montana and Georgia and the prime reason I chose this hotel was its location near the interstate, gas stations and restaurants.

Not the cleanest nor the newest hotel, although the $100 price for one person for one night would suggest otherwise. The outside temps were still in the upper 90s when I pulled in around 8:30PM but the old-style window air conditioner would only lower the room temperature 3 or 4 degrees. I ran it on high-cool at its lowest setting and when I left in the morning the room temp was 81 degrees...although it was 78 degrees outside.

Bed and linens seemed very old and showed their age. No elevator to upper floors.

Parking was ample, staff was as helpful as they could be (although there was a 30-minute wait at the check-in counter when 5 groups showed up and only one clerk was on-staff). Breakfast fixings were typical continental.

This hotel isn't horrible by any means, but for the money there are plenty of other better options nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just to the north is a Comfort Suites, to the south is a rather seedy-looking motel. Across the street from major shopping mall, one short block from I-29 exit #77.

Fridge, micro, work desk. Some airplane noise in the afternoon, probably from the Air National Guard base nearby. Also some motorcycle noise. Older, but good sized room. Very small bathroom, about 3 inch clearance between toilet and door, must close door to use shower/tub. A/C has a mind of its own.

Very good wi-fi, especially for a hotel, even in an end room. Slightly better than average breakfast, except for cheap, stale, generic Cheerios. Friendly staff. Added charge of $1.50 for safe whether you use it or not. If you don’t use the safe, ask to have the charge removed at check-out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

As a previous traveler reported this is a basic hotel that has clean sheets and that's about it. Our first floor room had one set of drapes that had to be closed at all times because otherwise all the folks in the hotel next door and their parking lot could see us. The staff, however, was friendly and up to the standards we find in most Comfort Inns (exception is Milwaukee-Lakeshore one). Comfort Inns in general vary greatly so I would check out Trip Advisor in the future. We are gold members of Choice Hotels, but sometimes it is just not worth the free night. This one is not in a great neighborhood for walking.

Room Tip: No elevator, but 2nd floor would be better for privacy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not much to say really. Just used it as a stopping point between MI and CO. Basic room, small bathroom. The a/c worked well, the bed was acceptable, and we didn't have to sneak our dog in. Breakfast was better than expected with multiple egg options, cereal, and standard pastries. Easy access from I-29.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites South? Share your experiences!