“Games played” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Sioux Falls

You added Value Place Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Value Place Sioux Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1109 S. Lyons Ave, I-29 & 12th St. (exit 79), Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Special Offer
Free Wi-FI
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Games played”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

If you are put in room 205, room 203 stays in his room 24 hours a day, runs his fan in the bathroom and constantly taps and plays games. I asked to be moved to a different room, but was refused. Tcm channel was removed. Spyware is used in WiFi from somewhere. Watch out for lbbw71

• Stayed July 2014

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Watch will charge your account extra don't spill it will cost u bed are iron with a thin matress. old tvs 16 cable rarely works no on staff after 5 worst expierence I've ever had called about addtional charges got hung up on stay away

• Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I stayed here for nearly a month while in between jobs and was pleasantly surprised. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. This place is inexpensive, and it shows. There isn't much more than the basics - bed, TV, some chairs, etc.; but you do have a kitchenette and a full sized refrigerator, so you can prepare meals for yourself - saving even more money. My room was very clean and the common areas were cleaned daily. You do have to pay for the extras (internet, dishes, etc.) - that's why the room is so cheap! If you want all the extras and the daily cleanings, stay at a nicer place that will cost your 4 to 5 times as much.
As for the clientele, again, there will definitely be a few unsavory characters at budget places. I encountered a few while I was there, but never felt "un-safe."
All in all, good deal for the price. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side away from the interstate and not right next to the exit doors - they are lou...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank acb1971
So Cal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

The accommodations were sparse but clean. Literally, you are sleeping on a table. Mattress was not of very high quality as the springs kept poking throughout the night. Good thing there's a Wal-Mart in town where we could purchase decent pillows to sleep on!

Nice to have a microwave, refrigerator, and stove top in the unit however, they don't supply anything (no utensils, no plates, no pots/pans - nothing) but they do let you purchase a set for $30.

They charge you for everything extra - even for the privilege of exchanging your towels for clean ones every day.

If you want more toilet tissue, you have to ask for it when the office is open.

Now, about the cliental....they were absolutely horrid! They were, literally, from the "projects" in New York ("from the same projects where Ron Artest, from the Lakers basketball team, came from", we were told). Let your imagine go wild and you're probably not thinking how bad it was. "Ghetto" is a word I'd use to describe them - and there were 5 vans (that seat 12-15 people each) that transported them around. They'd come in at 11:30 - 11:45 PM very loudly and stay that way until 3:00 AM! It was pointless to complain as there was no one in the office to complain to at that time anyway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank mrlpSoCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I stayed at the SFalls Value Place for 3 weeks while looking for permanent housing due to a job change/relocation. The studio room was very small and bare bones: no coffee pot, iron, dishcloth, etc. Internet cost extra, and they only provide one roll of toilet paper, regardless of how long you stay! However, the place was fairly new, relatively quiet, and reasonably priced. Despite being told the room would be cleaned every other week, it was never cleaned (by hotel staff) during my stay. The worst aspect of this facility is the management. Three times during my stay my keycards became demagnetized and would not let me in the building or my room (I did not keep the keys near a cell phone or anything else that would cause this.) All three times, another guest came along to let me into the building, but getting into my room was a nightmare! Once, it happened at 10 p.m. and the office was closed, which was understandable except that no one answered the "After Hours" phone located in the lobby for such events. I called for 10 minutes before another guest happened along who knew what room the manager lived in. I called the manager and told him that I was locked out and no one answered the "After Hours" phone. He hung up on me, showed up in the lobby 5 minutes later, said "give me your key" (to remagnetize it) and never once apologized for the After Hours phone not being answered. Another time I was locked out at 4 p.m. and the office was already closed (1.5 hours early) for no reason! This time the manager answered the After Hours phone, but again hung up on me, showed up behind the desk a few minutes later, and said nothing more than "give me your key." I never received an apology, or an explanation for why my keys just magically stopped working on three different days. I realize you get what you pay for, but this place would be bearable if the manager had the slightest bit of customer service skills. Other guests also commented to me that they were not at all impressed with him.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank BizTraveler1001
montevideo, mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

I had a relaxing time at Value Place visiting my parents. The staff was help full and attentive. The room was clean and comfortable. I would recomend this hotel to any of my family or friends!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

This was our first experience w/a ValuePlace facility. The room was exactly like the on-line photos. The location would have been hard to locate the first time if not for GPS, and the lot lighting was not much at night. However, the building was secure and there was plenty of space in the room. It was nice to have a kitchen, and we were able to do our laundry on-site before we left (it was great not to get home w/lots of dirty laundry). The only things we would change were 1) the beds do not have box springs, only top mattresses on top of wood boxes, so they are really hard (we solved this by simply putting both mattresses on top of one of the wood bed stands) and 2) there was only one set of towels and one bar of soap in the bathroom (if you are traveling by car as we were, & have your own soaps and towels anyway, that does not have to be a problem, and remember there is a laundry there). Our room was near a main outside door, so if you are a light sleeper that can be a problem (it was for my boyfriend, but I sleep like a rock). Good value for the money.

• Liked — The value for the price
  • Disliked — No box springs for the beds
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family