“Excellent food, slow service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Whitefish, Montana
“Excellent food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

BEST Volcano we have ever had. The topping was the largest chunks of tender scallops and REAL crab.

Once again, our 'South Dakota service' was slow. Friendly, but slow. That seems to be the case everywhere we've been in the state. That being said, this time it was well worth the wait.

The downtown area is pretty "neat" and the restaurant fits in to the quirky area. We say in one of the little side alcoves.

We'd definitely eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Salmon melts in your mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been a pretty loyal customer of Sushi Masa since it opened. Pretty loyal meaning when I have lived in the area, moved away and came back to South Dakota, I always stop by or try to when I am in Sioux Falls. The food is so good and my sister in law is from Japan and she endorsed it with her approval. I asolutely love the carrot ginger dressing and wish Mr. Masa would bottle it and sell it. The salmon, tuna and yellowtail are my favorites along with flying fish egg/masago. The California rolls and the spider rolls are amazing. I know the place is small and I think the carpets need a good cleaning but I still come regardless. For awhile, I ran into some rudeness over the phone and almost didn't want to return but thank goodness, I gave it another shot because the staff seemed great this last two times I have visited in the month of March. Thank you Fume Masa for bringing Sushi Masa to South Dakota. I hope it is here for another 10 years or more.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Best sushi in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The sushi and sashimi is amazing, due to the freshness of the products. The place needs updating and a bit of clean-up. You won't regret it.

Visited February 2014
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Freshest sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love sushi, sashimi, and all sorts of exotic roles. This spot in downtown Sioux Falls is the best for miles. Fresh fish, very flavorful ingredients, in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. When you think of South Dakota you probably don't of sushi but if you are living here or just passing through and this is what you have a hankering for, make it a point to visit Sushi Masa.

Visited December 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Bert Sioux Falls Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been going here for years. We love a variety of there offerings. Our favorites are the spicy spinach, the shrimp tempura roll and salmon sashimi. The food is great, the chefs are wonderful! (I suggest avoiding the tuna, it can be hit or miss.)

• Visited December 2013