“Freshest sushi in town” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Freshest sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love sushi, sashimi, and all sorts of exotic roles. This spot in downtown Sioux Falls is the best for miles. Fresh fish, very flavorful ingredients, in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. When you think of South Dakota you probably don't of sushi but if you are living here or just passing through and this is what you have a hankering for, make it a point to visit Sushi Masa.

Visited December 2013

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Bert Sioux Falls Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been going here for years. We love a variety of there offerings. Our favorites are the spicy spinach, the shrimp tempura roll and salmon sashimi. The food is great, the chefs are wonderful! (I suggest avoiding the tuna, it can be hit or miss.)

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good sushi and nice place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I agree with the person who said that Sushi Masa is like a home town diner only with sushi. I have only been there for dinner, not lunch so I can't comment on any lunch specials, and I've been going there for over 2 years. Compared to their competitors in Sioux Falls, I think Sushi Masa is the one place that I know I will not be ripped off. I think their dinner prices are much better than someplace like Fuji or Tokyo, which I think have overpriced dinner menus and good lunch specials. I think there were a couple of times last year when I thought that Sushi Masa's spicy tuna rolls did not seem fresh, but when I ordered some last night it was great. I used to carry out sashimi frequently from them and it was always fresh. Obviously this is the Midwest and I can't compare the sushi I've had at Sushi Masa with anything I've had on the East or West Coast, but it satisfies the taste buds and takes care of sushi cravings. Also, they have good and decently priced plum sake.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“This is sushi?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I ordered one of my favorite dishes and it tasted AWFUL. There are other restaurants in town with much better, much fresher sushi, yet this place has a line out the door every day at lunchtime. Save the wait and go to Tokyo.

Visited March 2013
Sturgis
“Like a Japanese Diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Masa Sushi is like a home town diner only with great sushi. I was greeted quickly & sat at the bar. The waiter brought saki and tea quickly and was back in minutes to take my order. The Tricolor was a dinner sushi platter that came with a salad and miso soup. Lots of food for $22. The portions were extra large and very fresh. The miso soup was made with potatoes and onions...a tasty change to a traditional item. I will return!

• Visited July 2013