“Average - not the best Comfort I have stayed in” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
North Platte, Nebraska
“Average - not the best Comfort I have stayed in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was okay. Next to the major shopping area of Sioux Falls but in no way pretty. It is tucked on a side street which feels more industrial.

The hotel itself is a bit dated and wasn't the cleanest. Our room had an odor, but I was too tired to ask for a different room. I just sprayed some lysol and tried to get used to it. The front desk staff seemed tired when I checked in and not overly friendly. Again, just average.

Normal amenities for Comfort - Fridge, Coffee Maker, Free Wifi

Again - I hate the safe fee they try to sneak into their billing. They remove it with no questions asked, but it just seems sneaky.

Breakfast offered blueberry waffle mix - but since I arrived about a half hour before it shut down - the rest of the offerings were wiped out.

Overall, I probably wouldn't stay at this property again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the last night of our South Dakota vacation, as we hoped to break up the drive back home to Minneapolis. I chose this site because of the Choice Hotels promotions where you stay two separate stays and get a $50 gift card. After spending two great nights at Frontier Cabins in Wall and four wonderful nights at the Comfort Inn & Suite in Rapid City, we were very underwhelmed by our experience at this hotel. The exterior looked old, but well-maintained, but I could not say the same for the neighborhood in which this was located. The lobby was clean and updated. When I entered the lobby to checkin around 5pm on the 4th of July, there was no one at the desk--the place looked deserted. I called a few times and an employee appeared and got me checked in quickly. We are not a family with extensive hotel experience, and I had expected it to be very similar to the Comfort Suite in Rapid City. Being a much smaller hotel, it is probably unfair to compare them. We got into our room and the kids started playing "Anthony" from "Hotels Impossible." They had big laughs pointing out everything that was wrong with the room (lots of dusty things--lamp shades, pictures, etc.) and actually seeing the bright side in all the flaws. We did not have bedding for the pull out couch, but it was delivered quickly and we made the bed ourselves (in Rapid City, the pull out was pre-made for our family of 5). Two of our kids each found a hair on their blankets that they swore did not belong to them, (both were long brown hairs, one found by our son and the other by our little blondie). I convinced them that my hairs must have fallen on their blankets--but I was not able to convince myself. I remained creeped out by the room the entire stay. Luckily, it was really just a place to sleep for the night and we did not have a lengthy stay here. Breakfast in the morning was a disappointment, compared to the large dining room and selection in Rapid City, but it was just fine for the small size of this hotel. They were out of regular syrup for the waffles. To find an employee to ask about syrup, I had to go to the main desk, where the employee insisted they had syrup. I explained that I could only find the sugar free syrup and I prefer for my kids not to have artificial sugar and was hoping they had regular syrup. A man in a suit then came with me to check. He showed my the syrup and I showed him that it is sugar free. I was surprised that someone I assumed to be the manager would not know the difference in their product offerings? Then he started looking in the cupboards as the server/maid appeared to help him. He seemed to chastise her, saying, "we had three cases before I left on vacation." He offered to call the hotel next store to get regular syrup but I told him not to bother since the kids were already seated with their warm waffles. After he left, the maid, whom he had treated rudely, told me that she told "them" yesterday they were out of syrup. I do not know if that meant the manager was aware of the syrup situation himself. We did not use the pool, since we were here for such a short time, but it was smaller than our above-ground pool in our back yard. Although I never expect to be in Sioux Falls again, if I were, I would not stay here. And I have learned more about how our family likes to travel--and that I cannot trust the brand of the hotel alone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Watertown, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Friendly service and our room was huge. Good selection of breakfast also. Only downside was pool was freezing and hot tub was lukewarm at best. I stayed under an family discount rate so it was an excellent value but I will not hesitate to stay again at full price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We checked in to this Motel since I am enrolled in the Choice Privieges Program and I used my points to pay for the room.The room was upgraded and perfect in all aspects.Assistant Manger Mike Mathews was very heplfull and cordial.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Vesta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We recently met up with three other couples for a weekend in Sioux Falls. The Comfort Suites is a great place to do that. The staff was terrific. I was the first to check in of the four couples. I found out that our rooms were scattered on different floors. The girl at the front desked was very understanding and was able to change things around so we were all close together. The rooms are clean and very spacious. A great place to gather and socialize. The next morning before we went our separate ways, we enjoyed breakfast together. There was a nice selection of hot and cold items. The blueberry waffles were a big hit with all the husbands. We have already decided to go back there again next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is very clean and comfortable! It is right across the street from the mall and close to a lot of restaurants. This is the second time I have stayed here. The bonus is that they are pet friendly which I love! Internet is great and so is the pool area... The only thing is that one of the front desk staff seemed a bit short and rude to us and a guy he was training. But overall it was a nice stay! The new guy was a VERY great help, so thanks!!! The other guy should be taking notes from the new guy!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a great stay at the comfort suites of Sioux Falls. The two queen suite room was big and recently upgraded. The r room was clean and have a fridge micro wave and flat screen TV. The pullout couch worked good for us. Breakfast was ok but the room is a bit small. Pool was very cold while we were there. Good value over all for what we paid.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!