“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The best part about this stay was the staff. I mistakenly booked it for the following night. The girl at the front desk helped me figure out the problem with my reservation. She was also able to book us a room that night and change the reservation. At that point I was just thankful to have a bed to sleep in. My family chose not to swim because of the sediment that was visible at the bottom of the pool. The room was deteriorated. The fix-all at this hotel was not ducktape but instead caulk and lots of it.

• Stayed July 2013

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It seems like Comfort Suites is pot luck, sometimes they are good, sometimes they are bad, and this one was in the middle. Other than check in and check out, every time I went by the front desk no one was there. Smoker's haven is right by the front door so be ready to be bowled over by the smoke and smell. There are signs stating that the camera's are not security camera's but something like a "facility tool".

My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. However my room looked out over the over sized parking area and the first night I was blessed to have a motorhome parked out there, with people tailgating and the generator running ALL NIGHT. While the people were quiet, the generator was very annoying and I was surprised that the hotel would even allow this and it is not something you expect to see in a hotel parking area.

If your claustrophobic I would advise to skip breakfast. The room is very small and is hard to get around in, and must have been converted from something else. It won't do well in a crowd for sure. The breakfast itself was good and had a nice variety of items.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the North side
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
East Troy, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

loved loved the service at the front desk.....mike was so nice to to the beds for us even though we didn't have a reservation....really went out of his way for us. my son left his fanny pack after we checked out and peggy was so nice when i called to have them set it aside for until we returned later that week. breakfast was very good and a good choices!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were travelling a long distance one day last week and Sioux Falls was our destination for the night. I called Expedia to make a reservation and decided on Comfort Suites; I had never stayed at this chain before and didn't know what to expect. If I had to select a place to stay based on the outside appearance of a hotel, then I would not have chosen this hotel. When we drove up (after already making the reservation), I thought we would be disappointed. Imagine our pleasant surprise when getting to our room .... it was really, really nice! We had two queens in a nice, large room and the linens were very pretty. We felt like it was a great value for the price and in a good location off of the interstate. It would be great if they would do a makeover on the exterior, but the rooms were great and that is the most important thing. Also, the young man at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. If I'm ever in Sioux Falls again, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ESTELLINE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've stayed many times at Comfort Suites and enjoyed it; however, our last stay we noticed the heated pool was very cold. I went for a swim but cut it short and my husband never got in the pool at all. He did mention it to the clerk on checkout and he suggested using the hot tub. Also, the second night of our stay we noticed a lot of noise in the hallways, doors slamming, etc. It turned out there was a large group of high school students there for a sporting event. We were charged for the use of the safe which we clearly said we did not need or use. The clerk said he would take the charges off but when he printed a new bill it was still on there. We paid it but my husband was very irritated. The bed was comfortable and the continental breakfast was quite good and included a large variety of items.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hallsville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I stopped here while passing through to Rapid City, and the rate was very good with a warm front desk who gave us good advice concerning the approaching snow storm that was going to hit Monday April 22nd. The room and breakfast area were very clean as you would expect from this brand.

Room Tip: Comfort Suites is next door to Comfort Inn and Redrock Inn which has higher signage.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

From past experience I had been a little dubious about the Comfort Suites brand, but this stay was a very good one. The service we got from the time we came in until we left was courteous and prompt, and the rooms were very nice -- good beds, nice modern table lamps with plugs for computers and phone chargers, microwave, fridge, ironing boards and irons, and wi-fi. Nice large rooms, clean, and surprisingly quiet, even though the place was fairly full.

The breakfast had eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal -- typical but about all you needed to get a jump start on the day, and the coffee, both in the breakfast area and in the rooms was good -- a big plus. We got a very competitive rate for two rooms, and will definitely put it on our list of "go-to" places in Sioux Falls for business.

Room Tip: I always prefer top-floor rooms in case there are small herds of energized children romping above, b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!