“Great stay on Christmas Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Minnesota
“Great stay on Christmas Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I booked two rooms on Christmas Eve - one for my wife, me and two sons and the other for my oldest son, his wife and two grandchildren. I named my own price through Priceline and was pleased it was accepted. The hotel provided first-floor adjacent rooms on the I-29 side of the building. I was concerned about highway noise but the room was very quiet. The indoor pool and hot tub were steps away, so made good use of them. Breakfast was excellent with waffles, fruit cups, bisquits and gravy, as well as many breakfast choices like sausage and egg pitas that could be heated in the microwave. Fresh coffee was available in the lobby round the clock. Our stay also included complimentary choice of the local paper or USA Today in the lobby, free WiFi, free local calls and complimentary passes to the fitness club located in the nearby shopping mall. The location is tucked away and a little confusing to get to; however, the clean rooms and excellent price provided the value we were seeking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Darin P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We hope you're having a great new year. Make it a great 2012 and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Willmar, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and they remembered me from my last reservation and gave me the previous (lower) rate which was very nice. The complimentary breakfast has improved with the addition of breakfast sandwiches. As previous reviewers noted the seating area is small as it is in the lobby and not a separate space. The rooms are large and clean, free wi-fi is offered, and the pool area is nice. I wish there was a microwave or fridge in the room and the mattresses should be changed in my opinion. They are soft and lumpy. The front desk staff are very nice and helpful. I agree that this hotel is not the easiest to find and I would suggest that guests enter the mall from the south entrance and head towards the "toys r us" store. Then it will be easier to find. I think it is in a good, quiet, location.

Room Tip: stay away from elevator and west side of building
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We love seeing our return guests as well! They tell us we are their home away from home. Feel free to ask for an executive king suite during your next stay as it includes a refridgerator and microwave. Look for us to have brand new beds in the next few weeks as well. We consider our returning guests as family, and look forward to seeing part of the family back again soon!
Papillion, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed here before, and I enjoy it for what it is: a place to sleep without spending a lot. One nice thing about this location is their pool. Everytime I get in a pool at any mariott hotel, its ice cold. This one is at least moderately warm! The staff is very friendly, and if you're going shopping the mall is right across the parking lot. Overall, a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Our management and maintenance department takes great pride in maintaining proper chemical levels and temperatures in our pool and new whirlpool. As it is the #1 amenity for our staying family guests, we consider proper care of our pool and whirlpool job one. The staff of the Sioux Falls Fairfield Inn looks forward to seeing you again!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed here on business and got an excellent rate.

The customer service was exceptional, and my room request for a top floor not facing I-29 was taken care of. (Note: one side of the hotel faces I-29, while the other side faces the parking lot....my guess is that the I-29 facing side is not as quiet.) My room was very clean with nice, white sheets and towels.

One issue I did have was with the slow draining sink and bathtub...could probably just have used some Draino. The room was a bit humid, even with the air conditioner on. This hotel does not have a fitness center.

The hotel has easy access to I-29 and is in a shopping mall area with lots of shopping and dining options nearby. I did not have any problems finding the hotel...just follow the mall road around until you see the Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn. It is easy to turn around if you overshoot the driveway.

Room Tip: Select a room facing the parking lot as opposed to I-29 for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We have communicated with our housekeeping & maintenance departments to confirm proper functionality of our sink and tub drains in guest room preparation and during preventive maintenance procedures. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We've stayed here before, and would again. The hotel is not the best in Sioux Falls I'm sure. But we were charged $105 for a top floor king room, and these days that's not a bad price for this kind of property. The hotel is well-located close to Interstate 29, the big shopping mall and restaurants. The pool and public areas were fine. The room was excellent. The bathroom needs remodeling, but was okay. The breakfast was decent but the breakfast area is small and way overcrowded. Some reviews have said the hotel is hard to find. In fact, it overlooks the freeway from the east side, and I've never had a problem driving to it.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are the most quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice comments! We do provide a very convenient location next to the region's largest shopping mall and numerous excellent nearby restaurants.
Edwardsville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had an OK stay here. Bit noisy late at night and plumbing from upper floor ran most of the night. Staff was friendly but unable to help late at night. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fargo, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We enjoyed our stay for a family event. The staff was exceptionally friendly, and the free wi-fi was appreciated. The property looked recently remodeled. Note: prices are increased if you are with a sports team or tournament, so maybe don't book with the team.

Room Tip: There's a freeway side and a parking lot side
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!