“Caring, personal service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
IHG Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Caring, personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My elderly mother and I stayed at this hotel for a funeral in Sioux Falls. My mom fell very ill requiring emergency ambulance transportation from the hotel to a local hospital. The staff at the hotel were incredible with their personal caring and support. A local staff member is also an EMT who stepped in immediately to help. The front desk staff helped me with mom's room checkout, extended my stay without a need for me to change rooms, and even arranged a reduced, medical rate.

They asked me about her status when I got back, and were obviously concerned.

In short, they went above and beyond the standard of hotel hospitality and were very caring, helpful, and supportive during a very difficult time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I greatly appreicate the comments and I'm glad we were able to help you mom. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Huron, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed overnight to do shopping. Very good experience. Very clean hotel including hot tub, which in many places is not kept to proper cleanliness or temp. Would definitely stay again when we are shopping and celebrating

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I hope you had a wonderful Halloween!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What more can one expect? Very close to lots of stores and restaurants including an Outback Steakhouse, Walmart, and Mall stores. It was an easy on, easy off the highway and a nice place to stop for the night after a day on the road. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I appreciate it!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The room was very comfortable and I liked the pillow options. Hard or soft. the room was also very quiet which was a plus. I opted for a king bed suite which i liked. i thought the room was just a little bit pricey. Overall I would stay again. The breakfast bar was excellent in what they had to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice spacious rooms, with furniture and bedding well above the standard hotel gear. All in all, a very nice room, with great service. My husband and I spent one night for a romantic getaway without the kids. They let us check in early. The pool area was nice, with plenty of towels. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! Have a great weekend!

Merrill, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn because our usual choice of hotels was not available. The room was terrific and the breakfast the best we've had in our travels. Fresh, hot, with good healthy choices. Will consider a return visit as we travel west and back home east to Wisconsin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am glad you tried our property! Come stay again.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a three night buisness stay told front desk young gentlemen to have room clean would be back in couple of hrs. He did not inform housekeeping. I told housekeeping next day same thing and they did exactly as asked(very polite houskeepers) pool to cold to enjoy should be a little warmer. But like I said would stay again

• Stayed September 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for reveiwing our property! I greatly appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear that we did not communicate to our housekeeping department when you wanted your room clean. We try very hard to get great customer service scores and communication is always something we are working on to try to alleviate issues. I'm glad that the next day the housekeepers that you dealt with were friendly and cleaned your room to your expectations. I am also glad you would visit our property again. Please let me know the next time you stay, I would gladly give you a free upgrade into a suite!

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn
Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.