“Adequate and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Adequate and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What more can one expect? Very close to lots of stores and restaurants including an Outback Steakhouse, Walmart, and Mall stores. It was an easy on, easy off the highway and a nice place to stop for the night after a day on the road. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I appreciate it!

Mellanie Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The room was very comfortable and I liked the pillow options. Hard or soft. the room was also very quiet which was a plus. I opted for a king bed suite which i liked. i thought the room was just a little bit pricey. Overall I would stay again. The breakfast bar was excellent in what they had to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice spacious rooms, with furniture and bedding well above the standard hotel gear. All in all, a very nice room, with great service. My husband and I spent one night for a romantic getaway without the kids. They let us check in early. The pool area was nice, with plenty of towels. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! Have a great weekend!

Merrill, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn because our usual choice of hotels was not available. The room was terrific and the breakfast the best we've had in our travels. Fresh, hot, with good healthy choices. Will consider a return visit as we travel west and back home east to Wisconsin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am glad you tried our property! Come stay again.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a three night buisness stay told front desk young gentlemen to have room clean would be back in couple of hrs. He did not inform housekeeping. I told housekeeping next day same thing and they did exactly as asked(very polite houskeepers) pool to cold to enjoy should be a little warmer. But like I said would stay again

• Stayed September 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for reveiwing our property! I greatly appreciate your comments. I am sorry to hear that we did not communicate to our housekeeping department when you wanted your room clean. We try very hard to get great customer service scores and communication is always something we are working on to try to alleviate issues. I'm glad that the next day the housekeepers that you dealt with were friendly and cleaned your room to your expectations. I am also glad you would visit our property again. Please let me know the next time you stay, I would gladly give you a free upgrade into a suite!

Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had grand plans to make it to Chamberlain SD where we had a room booked. Pulled into Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls, SD at 1am without a reservation. We were met with a very pleasant front desk clerk that got us checked in quickly and the price was just right. The room was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was great. All staff we encountered were very friendly. We had some updates we needed to do to our GPS and they were very accommodating to let us do that (in the lobby) after we had checked out (had to get a network cable as we left ours at home). Would definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express and would stay again. Next stop Lodge at Deadwood SD

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I appreciate it! Have a great stay in the black hills!

South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently went to Sioux Falls for a friend's wedding and we all stayed in this location. I'm from the dense jungle of Chicago, so I wasn't impressed with the options around the hotel, but after driving around Sioux Falls, it's actually a pretty diverse area filled with restaurants.

The rooms were clean and the hotel was clean also. I travel a lot for business and this was the standard at which I would expect a hotel to be at. The layout was weird, but, it is what it is. The good thing was that the beds and the pillows were good and we had good sleep the few days we were there.

The best thing about the hotel was the service. They immediately responded to all of our questions in a nice manner and helped us out when we were having a billing issue. Also, I left my memory foam pillow and dress shirt there and only realized when I got back to Chicago. They had it in the mail within fifteen minutes of talking to me, free of charge, and it got to me in a few days!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor. The elevators are spread out and I didn't like where they...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. I appreciate your comments and I'm glad you recieved your left items in a timely manner.

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
#7 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
#8 Romantic Hotel in Sioux Falls
#13 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.