“Unexpected stop on our way to the Black Hills of SD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Independence, Missouri
“Unexpected stop on our way to the Black Hills of SD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had grand plans to make it to Chamberlain SD where we had a room booked. Pulled into Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls, SD at 1am without a reservation. We were met with a very pleasant front desk clerk that got us checked in quickly and the price was just right. The room was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was great. All staff we encountered were very friendly. We had some updates we needed to do to our GPS and they were very accommodating to let us do that (in the lobby) after we had checked out (had to get a network cable as we left ours at home). Would definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express and would stay again. Next stop Lodge at Deadwood SD

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I appreciate it! Have a great stay in the black hills!

Mellanie Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently went to Sioux Falls for a friend's wedding and we all stayed in this location. I'm from the dense jungle of Chicago, so I wasn't impressed with the options around the hotel, but after driving around Sioux Falls, it's actually a pretty diverse area filled with restaurants.

The rooms were clean and the hotel was clean also. I travel a lot for business and this was the standard at which I would expect a hotel to be at. The layout was weird, but, it is what it is. The good thing was that the beds and the pillows were good and we had good sleep the few days we were there.

The best thing about the hotel was the service. They immediately responded to all of our questions in a nice manner and helped us out when we were having a billing issue. Also, I left my memory foam pillow and dress shirt there and only realized when I got back to Chicago. They had it in the mail within fifteen minutes of talking to me, free of charge, and it got to me in a few days!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor. The elevators are spread out and I didn't like where they...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. I appreciate your comments and I'm glad you recieved your left items in a timely manner.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Holiday Inn Express has become a favorite for our leisure vacation stops when we are touring. The rooms are usually comfortable and good-sized, everything is clean, and breakfast is done nicely. The Sioux Falls version fit that description.

The hotel is only a few blocks from the Interstate, and it's in a very good location. It's in the middle of a commercial district - a mall is just down the road - but it's not a particularly busy road so getting in and out isn't a big issue.

The one catch was that, like the previous review, we got a room next to the elevator. I was worried about noise, but the machine and its occupants didn't cause any problems. But the room was smaller than usual, which was a little disappointing. It wasn't a major inconvenience, and I never considered asking for a bigger room, but did notice it.

Otherwise, I'd certainly go back there if I needed a room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate your feedback. Our hotel does have two rooms that are single queen beds by the elevator. On the nights the hotel is not full, we typically upgrade people out of those rooms. I am sorry we were unable to do that. We do however, have those rooms priced at a lower price that our other room types. Thank you for choosing our property!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on the first leg of a big road trip. The location is close to many restaurants and the hotel is staffed my very friendly people. The room we were assigned was right next to the elevator, but to my surprise we didn't notice any noise from it. Nice rooms, beds are just okay. Overall very clean and great breakfast. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I appreciate the feedback.

Flin Flon, Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights (August 7,8,9) while visiting the area and was impressed with the hotel. Very clean hotel and rooms were large and clean as well. Mike checked us in and was very friendly. He told us what side of the hotel to park on to be closer to our room as the hotel is very large. I believe we were in the South-East wing of the hotel and it was a little confusing getting down to the lobby/breakfast area from our room (I kept taking the wrong turn, lol). There is also a little snack shop by the main desk where you can purchase a variety of things you may need. I called down to the front desk to ask if they had a cork screw by any chance and Mike said they had them for purchase for $3 so I said I would be down for one. Mike had it waiting for me at the counter when I got there.
The breakfast area was big with many choices. Staff was very good with keeping everything topped up and the area clean.
The pool was a little small but there were few people in it the time we went. Would hate to see how it was if the hotel was full.
All in all, this is a nice hotel and would definitely consider staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to post your comments about Mike. Have a great weekend!

Dundas, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night for just one night. I received 1 water for the rewards program and asked if we could get our room upgraded (being a Sunday night). They responded that they were already going to upgrade us to a King Suite. This was a pleasant surprise.

The room itself was quite nice, with a rather large kitchenette and plenty of space in the room. The bathroom was pretty large and the shower had some beautiful water pressure! The bathroom had 4 large towels, meaning we didn't have to go do the front desk to get an extra one. There were plenty of outlets.

Overall we are quite happy with this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property and being an IHG rewards member. I greatly appreciate it!

Pulaski, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here 1 night during our family vacation. We were very pleased with the spacious room and amenities included. Our girls enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast choices were amazing. I have never had a finer hotel breakfast. The staff members we talked to were very pleasant. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast bar! I hope you have a great week!

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sioux Falls
#12 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.