“Nice hotel, Great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Flin Flon, Manitoba
“Nice hotel, Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights (August 7,8,9) while visiting the area and was impressed with the hotel. Very clean hotel and rooms were large and clean as well. Mike checked us in and was very friendly. He told us what side of the hotel to park on to be closer to our room as the hotel is very large. I believe we were in the South-East wing of the hotel and it was a little confusing getting down to the lobby/breakfast area from our room (I kept taking the wrong turn, lol). There is also a little snack shop by the main desk where you can purchase a variety of things you may need. I called down to the front desk to ask if they had a cork screw by any chance and Mike said they had them for purchase for $3 so I said I would be down for one. Mike had it waiting for me at the counter when I got there.
The breakfast area was big with many choices. Staff was very good with keeping everything topped up and the area clean.
The pool was a little small but there were few people in it the time we went. Would hate to see how it was if the hotel was full.
All in all, this is a nice hotel and would definitely consider staying here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to post your comments about Mike. Have a great weekend!

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dundas, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night for just one night. I received 1 water for the rewards program and asked if we could get our room upgraded (being a Sunday night). They responded that they were already going to upgrade us to a King Suite. This was a pleasant surprise.

The room itself was quite nice, with a rather large kitchenette and plenty of space in the room. The bathroom was pretty large and the shower had some beautiful water pressure! The bathroom had 4 large towels, meaning we didn't have to go do the front desk to get an extra one. There were plenty of outlets.

Overall we are quite happy with this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property and being an IHG rewards member. I greatly appreciate it!

Pulaski, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here 1 night during our family vacation. We were very pleased with the spacious room and amenities included. Our girls enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The breakfast choices were amazing. I have never had a finer hotel breakfast. The staff members we talked to were very pleasant. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast bar! I hope you have a great week!

Tenn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

While travelling through the area we spent one night. Everything was up to par. First room was next to elevator and desk clerk kindly put us in another room. I thought their breakfast selections were better than most choices you get at this type of hotel. Easy on and off the interstate for travelers. There are several hotels and restaurants at this exit.

Wish we had been able to spend some time exploring Sioux Falls, but it was raining so we headed on down the road. Maybe next time and I would definitely stay here again. Thanks HIE.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your business and reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate the nice comments! Mellanie Larson, General Manager
Ramsey, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with girl friends for a reunion after ten years apart. Hotel accommodated our request for connecting rooms and everything was great. The breakfast is good. Located off the interstate 90 but 10 minutes to downtown. .Lots of choices for food and entertainment nearby.

• Stayed July 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you had a great weekend! We hope to see you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is very much in step with the most updated Holiday Inn Express properties. It is located near restaurants, I-29, retail, and a grocery store. The rooms were spacious for a limited service hotel, very quiet so I could get a lot of work done, clean, and well kept. The lobby area of the hotel also looks to have been recently updated. If in Sioux Falls again I would stay downtown, but for a trip that involved a lot of suburban and rural travel this made for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate all the comments!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I were overnighting in Sioux Falls and stopped and checked rates at a couple hotels. When I inquired at the Holiday Inn Express what the rate would be for one night, Mike R. gave me a rate for which I thanked him and said I had gotten a cheaper rate across the street. He asked me what I had been quoted and I told him. He then told me he could do better than the rate I was given. Of course, we took his room. When I asked to be on the third floor he was very happy to change what he had already typed in the computer and said this room would even be a little bigger. He then asked if we would like something to drink and gave my husband and I each a drink and a snack. Mike R. was a very pleasant to deal with and is an asset to your company. I would tell everyone to stay at the Holiday Inn in Sioux Falls because of his service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. I appreciate your comments and I'll make sure to share them with Mike.

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
#7 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
#9 Romantic Hotel in Sioux Falls
#17 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.