“All you could ask for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Ramsey, Minnesota
“All you could ask for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with girl friends for a reunion after ten years apart. Hotel accommodated our request for connecting rooms and everything was great. The breakfast is good. Located off the interstate 90 but 10 minutes to downtown. .Lots of choices for food and entertainment nearby.

• Stayed July 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you had a great weekend! We hope to see you again!

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is very much in step with the most updated Holiday Inn Express properties. It is located near restaurants, I-29, retail, and a grocery store. The rooms were spacious for a limited service hotel, very quiet so I could get a lot of work done, clean, and well kept. The lobby area of the hotel also looks to have been recently updated. If in Sioux Falls again I would stay downtown, but for a trip that involved a lot of suburban and rural travel this made for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate all the comments!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I were overnighting in Sioux Falls and stopped and checked rates at a couple hotels. When I inquired at the Holiday Inn Express what the rate would be for one night, Mike R. gave me a rate for which I thanked him and said I had gotten a cheaper rate across the street. He asked me what I had been quoted and I told him. He then told me he could do better than the rate I was given. Of course, we took his room. When I asked to be on the third floor he was very happy to change what he had already typed in the computer and said this room would even be a little bigger. He then asked if we would like something to drink and gave my husband and I each a drink and a snack. Mike R. was a very pleasant to deal with and is an asset to your company. I would tell everyone to stay at the Holiday Inn in Sioux Falls because of his service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. I appreciate your comments and I'll make sure to share them with Mike.

Pepin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed it! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and well taken care of. The continental breakfast was the best I have ever seen. There was a huge selection of hot foods as well as pastries, fruit, yogurt, this list goes on and on. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate it. I'll make sure to share it with my staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

As far as Holiday Inn Express goes, this is probably nicest I've stayed in. My family stayed here one night after a long trip from yellowstone. The hotel seemed brand new with lobby and business center. There appeared to be an older section of rooms to this hotel but our room seemed like new. Our room and the common rooms appeared spotless. Staff was friendly and breakfast had a good variety to choose from. I would stay here again if passing through Sioux Falls.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate the nice comments!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I checked into my room early and went straight to work. I finished what I needed and went to take a shower only to find hair everywhere in the shower and a dirty used(hairy) wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain. I went down to the front desk and was refunded and given a different room. As I was moving my stuff from one room to another across the hall I was intercepted by the clerk at the front counter, he offered to help me move my stuff to a suite instead and 2K in Holiday points so I didn't lose out when the refunded me. This was the second hotel I stayed at in Sioux Falls( the other was the Clubhouse) and can honestly say both hotels exceeded expectations with their great service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing our property! I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness was not up to par on your first room. Unfortunately, we are human and we do make mistakes. I am very pleased that my staff took care of the issue by refunding your stay and putting you a suite. Mistakes happen, but taking care of them swifty and making the rest of your stay enyoyable is so important. Thank you for sharing and I'll make sure to post your comments for both our housekeeping and front desk departments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very courteous. The rooms were clean and neat. Well taken care of. The bathroom was clean with fresh towels and washcloths for everyone. The continental breakfast had something for everyone and tasted excellent. I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2013
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I appreciate all the nice comments and I will share them with my staff.

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
#8 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
#11 Romantic Hotel in Sioux Falls
#17 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.