“Holiday Traveling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Mitchell, South Dakota
“Holiday Traveling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Traveling during the holidays can be very stressful; however a great place to stay makes it easier. The Holiday Inn Express was in a convenient location and easy to find. The wonderful staff, especially Mike, were very helpful and accommodating to me and my family. With a pool and breakfast in the morning, there was something for everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am glad you had a great holiday weekend. I will make sure to mention to Mike your nice comment about his customer service.

Mellanie Larson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a great time at this hotel from check in to check out, recieved a free coke at checkin for being a gold priority club member which was great! the beds were soft rooms were quiet even during a busy weekend breakfast was great and well stocked, will be back again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our property. I greatly appreciate all your comments and I'll make sure to share them with my staff. Thank you!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Based on other reviews, I knew the Holiday Inn Express would be a great place to stay on a business trip in early September. Once I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this hotel provides excellent (an unexpected amenities) to guests. Their indoor pool and hot tub is quite beautiful and their gym is clean and modern. They offer a great complimentary breakfast and free wifi. The room I stayed in was equipped with a fridge and microwave, and was very spacious. The staff is friendly and warm. I felt like I was returning home each evening. In addition, the hotel is located within walking distance of several chain restaurants and very short driving distance from downtown and the airport. This hotel is a great home base for those passing through Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor in the part of the hotel located farthest away from the front desk. It was...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for commenting on our property! I appreciate the review! We've been working hard the last couple weeks, replacing furniture and adding fridges and microwaves in all of our guest rooms! We are half way through the replace process and will have all new case goods and appliances installed by October 15th! You stayed over in the South wing and it is a quiet area, most of the rooms are Business Executive Suites and they are great for the added space and king beds.

I hope you will stay at our property the next time you are in town! Thank you! Please send me an email and I'll upgrade you into one of the suites at the price of a standard room!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We were four adults on the road sightseeing all day, tired and looking for a place to stay. As usual we realied on Trip Advisor. The Holiday Inn in Sioux Falls was excellent. The room was very spacious, neat, clean and quite. The staff was very courteous and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was great. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed September 2012
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. I greatly appreciate the nice comments and I'll share them with my staff.

Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We needed a place to stay on our way home. Location is great. Desk staff was very nice, helpful with recommending a place to eat. Very nice, clean room with a comfortable bed. Good complimentary breakfast provided with lots of options. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I greatly appreciate your feedback. Have a great day!

Brookings, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As a whole, the hotel and our room was clean and comfortable; which is always important to us. And, the location was great for shopping, it had 3 awesome places to eat (Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesdays, and the Outback) right across the street, and if you're up for a late night show, Century Theaters is right across the parking lot. Those were the positives. The negatives were not "bad," but made me question our over-all stay. The front desk staff did their job well, but never made us feel welcomed; the friendliness aspect just wasn't there throughout our stay. The first night we were there, I don't know what the deal was, but we had absolutely no water pressure in the shower; the water pressure was considerably better the next day... so I'm not sure what was going on there. The next morning, we went down for breakfast and found it so busy, there were no places to sit and lots of people still walking around trying to get their food; to say it was crowded would be an understatement. We opted to skip breakfast at the hotel. And for us, swimming is alway part of our fun on our little get-aways. While the kids didn't seem to mind, we thought the pool was overly cold to the point where our bodies couldn't adjust. Okay... we'll enjoy the hot tub. Unfortunately, that seemed to go to the other extreme; about 15 minutes is all I could handle before I started feeling a bit queezy from the heat. So, the question then really comes down to this. Was the stay worth the HIGH price we paid. Good location and a clean room is about all we got; the rest was well below our expectations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am grateful for the feedback. Please contact me so that we can talk about your experience. I need to investigate further to see what was going on for the water pressure and also so I can look in our pool and hot tub logs to see what the temperatures were. State law requires that our pool temperatures not to be above 84 degrees for health regulations. That does seem cold when you first enter because your body temperature is 98 degrees. Our hot tub temperature is set at 104 degrees and there is a limit on the amount of time you spend in there. But even with that, your satisfaction is my number one goal, and if you were not happy with part of your stay, then you should be reimbursed for that aspect.

Please either call me direct or email me. My email address is hiexp@midconetwork.com. Thank you! Mellanie Larson, General Manager
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Overall, this property is decent. The rooms are on the small size especially with 4 people but the location is wonderful, easy to find and easy to get around the city. We were there for 4 nights during the ASA softball tournament at the end of July and beginning of August. The biggest complaint I have was there were not refrigerators or microwaves in every room, only certain rooms. I didn't realize that I needed to request a room with a refrigerator because every other Holiday Inn express I have stayed in for the last 5 years always had refrigerators. When it's 100 degrees outside and we have softball players it was tough not having cold water readily available. We were also paying double normal rates because we were there during a major event for the city. Supposedly, every room will have a microwave and refrigerator by the end of 2012.

The breakfast was the best, especially for hungry softball girls before a day full of games. They never ran out of anything and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, it's a nice property and the staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Request a room with a microwave and refrigerator if that is important to you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You are correct that all of our rooms will have a fridge and microwave sometime in the beginning of October! Since we opened, we have always had some rooms without them so that we would have another price point available for guest's that do not care if they have one or not and want a lower rate.

Unfortunately our rates were higher than typical during the National ASA tournament. Sioux Falls very rarely has them and when we do it is like having a Nascar Race or Superbowl Game. Our rates were higher than normal, but only by $20-$50 depending on the room type, not double in price. That was typical at most, if not all of the hotel's in the city.

I appreciate the feedback for your stay and I hope you come to Sioux Falls again.

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
#7 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
#8 Romantic Hotel in Sioux Falls
#13 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.