Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
St. Paul, MN
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Overall, this property is decent. The rooms are on the small size especially with 4 people but the location is wonderful, easy to find and easy to get around the city. We were there for 4 nights during the ASA softball tournament at the end of July and beginning of August. The biggest complaint I have was there were not refrigerators or microwaves in every room, only certain rooms. I didn't realize that I needed to request a room with a refrigerator because every other Holiday Inn express I have stayed in for the last 5 years always had refrigerators. When it's 100 degrees outside and we have softball players it was tough not having cold water readily available. We were also paying double normal rates because we were there during a major event for the city. Supposedly, every room will have a microwave and refrigerator by the end of 2012.

The breakfast was the best, especially for hungry softball girls before a day full of games. They never ran out of anything and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, it's a nice property and the staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Request a room with a microwave and refrigerator if that is important to you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You are correct that all of our rooms will have a fridge and microwave sometime in the beginning of October! Since we opened, we have always had some rooms without them so that we would have another price point available for guest's that do not care if they have one or not and want a lower rate.

Unfortunately our rates were higher than typical during the National ASA tournament. Sioux Falls very rarely has them and when we do it is like having a Nascar Race or Superbowl Game. Our rates were higher than normal, but only by $20-$50 depending on the room type, not double in price. That was typical at most, if not all of the hotel's in the city.

I appreciate the feedback for your stay and I hope you come to Sioux Falls again.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent four nights and have to say the hotel was wonderful. The staff from front desk to cleaning crew were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and fresh. There were plenty of places to sit and relax throughout the hotel. Our kids really enjoyed the pool and spa. And we made good use of the weight machine & tread mills/elipticals in the exercise room. The complimentary breakfast was terrific and included hot food like eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, etc. Staff made sure food & drinks were freshly stocked. The day before leaving we did laundry and were surprised to find complimentary washers & dryers. And finally, we used the business area to print our boarding passes. The hotel had everything we needed. We have stayed other places in the area but we will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn Express again on our next visit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing our property for your four day stay! I appreciate all the wonderful comments! I hope you had a great flight home and we hope to see you again!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went with my wife and nephews while going to badlands.

Free breakfast was good. Very close to several shops and coffee places.

Great room with plasma TV. I think it was renovated recently and everything was clean and new.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you had a great visit and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your South Dakota vacation!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Overall, this property was pretty decent. Nothing really wrong with it but I like newer properties with updated amenities which is why I didn't rate this one higher. I had a standard room, queen size bed. My room was very small but for 1 person and for only 1 night it worked fine. If I had kids or was staying longer then 1-2 nights I'd want a larger room. The room was clean and in good shape. I used the business center to print something and it worked great which was nice as all too often printers in the business centers are broken. The hotel is conveniently located off I-29 with many restaurants close by (Ruby Tuesday right across the street).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad you found our property clean and everything in working order. I am excited to let you know that we will replacing all of our case goods in the late fall! Thank you, Mellanie Larson
New Palestine, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in. It was spotless with current decor. The staff was very friendly and service-oriented (walked us to the elevator). The breakfast was the best complimentary one we have ever had. The food was great, displayed well, and restocked quickly, and the area clean and spacious. The design of the hotel was so nice--multiple seating areas perfect for groups, and the recessed sofa area in the room made the room seem more spacious than most rooms we have stayed in. The bed was so comfortable and fluffy. While we didn't plan to do laundry there, the facilities came in handy after a spill in the car! Complimentary washers? That was the nicest surprise ever!! The pool and hot tub were beautiful. The location was perfect for a quick stop. It was the perfect place to end a long day of driving. Thank you so much, HIE!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Kristi,

Thank you for such a nice review of our property! I greatly appreciate it and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, but I really enjoyed my three-night stay at this one. I would definitely return/recommend.

It was impeccably clean (which is always my number one hotel concern) and the staff was so accommodating one would think they were staying at a 5-star hotel. I love the 24/7 coffee and tea availability. I'm very picky about hotel breakfasts and didn't try the eggs/sausage/bacon/cinnamon rolls stuff, but the coffee, fresh fruit and oatmeal was just fine for me.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the wi-fi was really fast (and free). I have no complaints.

There's a TGIFridays right across the parking lot and a steak and seafood place right behind the HI Express, and there are other dining choices nearby. I didn't try any of them, but there's something for everyone in the area. I recommend it.

Room Tip: The location was fine as far as I'm concerned -- those of you who are traveling to shop at the E...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I'll make sure tell hang your comment for our housekeeping department to read! Today is Holiday Inn's 60th Anniversary, so reading this review was the topping on our cake!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express was very nice. Rooms were good sized very clean, very new. Very quiet room. There were many different sitting areas for people to gather at. Which I think kept the halls quieter. Good breakfast and area to eat.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our facility! I appreciate your business and your time! Have a great day!

Mellanie Larson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall

Address: 2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
#8 Family Hotel in Sioux Falls
#11 Romantic Hotel in Sioux Falls
#17 Business Hotel in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall 2.5*
Come stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, a city rich in history and a regional hub for corporate and retail services. The history of Sioux Falls revolves around the cascades of the Big Sioux River. The falls were created approximately 14,000 years ago when the last glacial ice sheet redirected the flow of the Big Sioux River. With our hotel's convenient location, you will find us easily accessible to many attractions such as the Empire Mall, Sertoma Butterfly House and Outdoor Campus, Falls Park, the Washington Pavilion and Wild Water West Amusement Park. We are also conveniently located by many restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and corporate locations such as banks, hospitals, Joe Foss Field Airport, and the Ivy Room Conference Center. Our hotel offers limited shuttle service to the airport and other corporate locations. While in Sioux Falls, make sure to sit along the banks of the mighty Big Sioux River at Falls Park, our city's namesake. While there you can check out the Horse Barn Art Gallery and Falls Park Tower. Welcome to Sioux Falls, the heart of America! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
Holiday Inn Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.