You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2501 S Shirley Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Sioux Falls)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went with my wife and nephews while going to badlands.

Free breakfast was good. Very close to several shops and coffee places.

Great room with plasma TV. I think it was renovated recently and everything was clean and new.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 13, 2012

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Overall, this property was pretty decent. Nothing really wrong with it but I like newer properties with updated amenities which is why I didn't rate this one higher. I had a standard room, queen size bed. My room was very small but for 1 person and for only 1 night it worked fine. If I had kids or was staying longer then 1-2 nights I'd want a larger room. The room was clean and in good shape. I used the business center to print something and it worked great which was nice as all too often printers in the business centers are broken. The hotel is conveniently located off I-29 with many restaurants close by (Ruby Tuesday right across the street).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad you found our property clean and everything in working order. I am excited to let you know that we will replacing all of our case goods in the late fall! Thank you, Mellanie Larson
New Palestine, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in. It was spotless with current decor. The staff was very friendly and service-oriented (walked us to the elevator). The breakfast was the best complimentary one we have ever had. The food was great, displayed well, and restocked quickly, and the area clean and spacious. The design of the hotel was so nice--multiple seating areas perfect for groups, and the recessed sofa area in the room made the room seem more spacious than most rooms we have stayed in. The bed was so comfortable and fluffy. While we didn't plan to do laundry there, the facilities came in handy after a spill in the car! Complimentary washers? That was the nicest surprise ever!! The pool and hot tub were beautiful. The location was perfect for a quick stop. It was the perfect place to end a long day of driving. Thank you so much, HIE!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Kristi,

Thank you for such a nice review of our property! I greatly appreciate it and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, but I really enjoyed my three-night stay at this one. I would definitely return/recommend.

It was impeccably clean (which is always my number one hotel concern) and the staff was so accommodating one would think they were staying at a 5-star hotel. I love the 24/7 coffee and tea availability. I'm very picky about hotel breakfasts and didn't try the eggs/sausage/bacon/cinnamon rolls stuff, but the coffee, fresh fruit and oatmeal was just fine for me.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the wi-fi was really fast (and free). I have no complaints.

There's a TGIFridays right across the parking lot and a steak and seafood place right behind the HI Express, and there are other dining choices nearby. I didn't try any of them, but there's something for everyone in the area. I recommend it.

Room Tip: The location was fine as far as I'm concerned -- those of you who are traveling to shop at the E...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiexpsf, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I'll make sure tell hang your comment for our housekeeping department to read! Today is Holiday Inn's 60th Anniversary, so reading this review was the topping on our cake!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express was very nice. Rooms were good sized very clean, very new. Very quiet room. There were many different sitting areas for people to gather at. Which I think kept the halls quieter. Good breakfast and area to eat.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our facility! I appreciate your business and your time! Have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel was perfect. The location was perfect u did not have to go far for shopping or to eat. And the breakfast was AMAZING. The rooms were nice and the workers who help us check in were so friendly. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiexpsf, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I greatly appreciate it!

Bloomfield, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were going to make a quick trip to Sioux Falls to see some friends from college. Sioux Falls is about 2 1/2 hours from us and with 2 small kids would have made for a long day in the car. Up and back. We decided to stay in Sioux Falls. We got our room at holiday inn express and it was such a nice facility. The rooms were clean and the staff was so nice and friendly. I put sleep quality was very good instead of excellent, but that is because our two boys slept int eh same bed for the first time...so mom was a little nervous. But overall what a great time! The boys had a good time in the pool too! Plus the breakfast was delicious. The staff at the breakfast room was contiually refilling and making sure we had what we needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property! I'm glad you choose our hotel for your family's stay here in Sioux Falls! Thank you for the business and I hope to see you again!