“Great Room at a Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #27 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
South Dakota
“Great Room at a Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Friendly service! Resonable Value! We have stayed here 8 different times already. We have "shopped around" for the best value, and we always come back to this place. There is cable, a fridge, Microwave, unique and roomy shower room. My wife likes the going down to the Hot Tub and the modern accomodations of the rooms. I like the price and the wireless internet -- which I am using right now.
There is a very nice dinner restaurant named Michael's, where we like to go for a romantic dinner. The proximity to the Gas station and easy nearby access to the Interstate and the Airport is very convenient. The Sleep Inn is located at the Intersection of two major access streets (Russell and Kiwanis) so getting around to other parts of the town is pretty easy.
If you are a posh snob, then maybe this isn't the place for you. But if you are a normal person, then this is a great place to stay, at a great price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I wrote a review previously and hadn't stayed here since then so thought I'd do an update. This is still a good place to stay. Actually, there have been a few improvements since my last stay. The rooms now have a small refrigerator and microwave like they've advertised on their website for quite a while. Also, the breakfast room has been expanded to the meeting room right next door. The waffle makers and juice and some coffee are in one room and the rest of the breakfast items are in the room next door which makes it less crowded waiting for your waffle to cook. There's still the usual breakfast items: Waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs & fruit. The staff did a good job of keeping it stocked. The front desk personnel were friendly and the room was clean. There are only two complaints that I have. First, the air conditioner was very hard to regulate--it either ran a lot and you froze or didn't run much and it was stuffy in the room. The other complaint is the small TV. Most hotels I've stayed at have a minimum of a 25" TV--this one was only 19" at best. Good picture, just too small in my opinion. Otherwise, the stay was great! I used my Choice Rewards points and one nice thing about that program is that you don't have to have a ton of points to get a free room like other reward programs. Very worthwhile joining even if you don't travel frequently.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

This was a very clean and comfortable hotel at a reasonable price. The room was large, beds comfortable, breakfast good, the only drawback being it was a shower-only room if you like a tub. Some of the stairs and public areas could have been cleaner, but the room was fine. An added bonus for us: we stayed there on the night of the fourth of July and could see a wonderful fireworks display from our hotel window!!

• Liked — Large, clean rooms
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2006

My seventy-three year old mother and I stayed at eight different hotels in fifteen nights, and almost all of them were fantastic (thanks in part to reading reviews from fellow travelers at TripAdvisor). However, the Sleep Inn in Sioux Falls was only one of two hotels that we had some issues with.

For two adults for the night of Friday, July 28th, 2006, the AAA Rate was $70.79 including taxes. The average sized non-smoking room on the second floor (Room 209) included two queen beds, a clock radio, two comfy chairs, a table, a desk (with crumbs in the drawer), a medium-sized (seventy-two channel) television with remote, a coffeemaker, and an iron and ironing board.

Absent was the refrigerator that was supposed to be included in all rooms, as per booking information and hotel pamphlets. I originally thought it had been stolen, but when I inquired at the front desk, I was told that I had received old information and they were trying to get that changed (which to this day they haven't).

The bathroom included three sets of towels on a broken towel rack, a hairdryer, one bottle of shampoo, and two bars of soap. The bathroom had a shower only (no bathtub) with a handrail to hold on to. The light in the shower had dead bugs in it, which did not go over too well with both of us.

There was a sliding door to go into the bathroom, which was not a problem since the sink was outside in a separate area. However, it was difficult to get the door closed since it had been pushed in all the way. My mother could not close it, so I had to reach up top and grab the door through the crack in the ceiling. After we initially closed the door, we only opened it about two-thirds of the way each time, so we could use the handle.

We found the location of the Sleep Inn to be out of the way, as it was a bit of a drive to go to Empire Mall, the biggest shopping area in Sioux Falls. The hotel itself does have a pool, which we did not use, and has an Internet Access Terminal in the lobby, which was handy to find out about news back home. It does not, however, have an elevator.

While the room at the Sleep Inn was adequate and the least expensive on our trip, the fact that it did not have a refrigerator as advertised still bothers me. Oh well...

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

stayed here for one night and it was great! Clean beds, room, bathroom, nice staff. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2006
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

I stayed at the Sleep Inn last weekend because of an early flight out of Sioux Falls. The hotel is very clean and modern. The staff was great. We received a wake-up call promptly at 3:30 and a complementary cab was waiting for us when we checked out at 4:00. The room set-up, the bathroom, everything was terrific. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

Not only did the Check in take forever due to a "lost" reservation!! They put in a smoking room when I specifically told them that i was allergic to smoke and needed a non-smoking room. They insured me that i was getting a non-smoking room, but when I had arrived to the room it was definatly a smoking room. I called the front desk and told them that they had me in the wrong room type! They still told me that it was a non-smoking room and refused to either move me to a new room or even come up to the room to see if it was actually a smoking room or not. Pathetic service and will never return to ANY sleep inn again!!!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!