“Awesome hotel for kids!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 West Russell, I-29 & Exit 81, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
North Dakota
“Awesome hotel for kids!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

We picked this hotel for our 5 year old because of the awesome pool area. He absolutely loved it! We used all the pools and slides for many hours of fun. After swimming we wasted some money in the arcade which kids love to do also!

There is a bar right off the pool for adults. The only downfall of this hotel was the lack of a free breakfast since they have a restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ravenna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We loved our stay at this hotel. The front desk was fast and very friendly. Booked the hotel because it had a fun pool. Was not disappointed the kids played for hours and the adults sat and enjoyed each others company. Got a great rate which always helps. Planning to stay again this Fall and most times when visiting family there. Only problem was our room was next to the outside door with people coming and going all night slamming the door.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Parker, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Our daughter booked a birthday party here for our granddaughters & friends as the Ramada pool area looked like it would provide the kids with a great time. After paying the $191 for the room/tax I find out that the Pirate Ship area is closed down for the rest of the day as a small child had an accident of the diarrhea nature & health code requires the area to be shut down until a full filtration can be performed (10 hours). I understand & respect the decision. When asked about an adjustment on our bill as the small children were unable to use this area (shallow wading, falling water, etc - about a third of the pool area) I was told that nothing would be adjusted on our bill as this was not Ramada's fault and that the other pool areas were still open. So go ahead and dangle a 20 month old from the edge of a 4 foot deep pool or two small hot tubs jam-packed with three pools worth of kids & birthday parties now crammed into two. Now try to convince these toddlers they are having fun. This situation was neither safe nor acceptable. I followed up with a phone call to Jean Hoesing, the hotel manager, and got her voice mail. A phone call came back to me from the same assistant manager that I spoke with on the day of the stay, once again relating that no adjustment would be made on the bill and that Jean Hoesing was not willing to call me back. I'm still waiting for your phone call, Jean - I'm not looking for something for nothing, just an adjustment so I can get the service for which I paid. IN THE MEAN TIME, THERE IS A VERY NICE RAMKOTA INN JUST DOWN THE STREET THAT HAS AN EQUALLY NICE POOL AREA....

Vogel - (you have my phone number)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
We have a wonderful waterpark that adheres to all local & state regulations concerning our swimming pool. The child that had the accident in the Pirate Ship pool did not do it on purpose to inconvenience any of our guests. The hotel had to close that pool for the safety of your children. We are fortunate to have three pools, the other two were available. Our hotel sells guestrooms, the waterpark is an amenity for our hotel guests only. We do not adjust stays for problems that are beyond our control. The Assistant General Manager of the Hotel did return your phone call, with the above message.
Sioux Falls, SD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I called and told them I was having a birthday party for my 10 year old son and was going to book a room so he and a couple of his friends could go swimming. AFTER we arrived we were told we had to buy bracelets for the kids to get into the pool area at $15.00 ea Now the cost came to around $142.00. There are 2 whirlpools and 1 didn't work at all, and the other only worked on low. The pool had so much chlorine in it our eyes burned for the next couple days. The front desk had to change out our room keys 3 times because they wouldn't work, and 1 of the times they said they gave us the wrong keys. In the morning it was so loud in our room it woke us up so we just left. we didn't even stay for breakfast, we just wanted to get out of there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
i am sorry you feel the chlorine was too high in our pools. Our pools follow the chlorine levels set forth by the State of South Dakota. We test these pools three times a day, plus have computer monitoring. Our Waterpark is for hotel guests only, if we sold to the general public we would have so many people in the pools that our hotel guests would not enjoy them. For a standard room you get 4 wristbands included and in a suite 6 wristbands, that is how many people can sleep comfortably in each room, we have to have a cut off somewhere, so all guests can enjoy the pools.
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

OK. I am not hard to please. I've backpacked through Africa and SE Asia and stayed in some pretty bad spots. But this was in the top three worst hotel experiences I've had in the US. And the top worst for a room this price. I'm not complaining about the holes in the blankets or loud AC - that I could handle. We booked the hotel close to the airport so we could get a good night's sleep before a 6:00 a.m. flight. Upon arrival at 6:30 p.m., I noticed a party set up in the atrium directly below our room. Sensing a potential conflict, I called the front desk to suggest with our early departure time, it may be best to move us to a different room. I was assured the party would be breaking up at 7:30. At 10:00 the party was going strong and I was assured it would be broken up. At 10:30 I complained again and the front desk told me they would stop the booming music, but the common areas are open until 12:00 and there was nothing they could do. So my family listened to the attendees at the class reunion raise hell and yell expletives right outside our room until 12:15. If you want to party in a hotel hallway all night, I highly recommend this place. If you want a good night's sleep, I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2010
I apologize for the group that was placed near your room. We are near the airport and on any weekday we normally are a nice quiet hotel. With a waterpark and all the great amenities that our hotel features we get many large groups on weekends that use our hotel for reunions, weddings and family gatherings and yes they do enjoy themselves. I am sorry that you were misinformed in the beginning about the public areas being open until midnight, I do hope our staff quieted the group at that time. I hope your family did enjoy our waterpark that included four wristbands with the purchase of your room.
Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Our family stayed there on our family vacation. We choose it for the water park and the price. Our 6 year old daughter loved the water park and we liked the hot tubs. There were some teens there and they seemed to like the water park as well. It's a nice hotel with some nice amenities. I found the desk person to be one of the friendliest and most informative I've ever met.

The only problems I found was the spotty wifi connection, it was hard to get online from time to time. Their system can probably only handle only so many people connecting at one time. The other problem was the fan in the air conditioner barely worked. I could feel but a wisp of air blowing out, even on high.

Otherwise I would recommend this hotel to any, and especially those with young children.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the waterpark. If you ever experience mechanical problems please call our "Friendly" desk, we have 24 hour desk and maintenance to handle any mechanical error. Thanks again for your wonderful comments on your stay, we appreciate your business.
Willmar, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

The water park was great! My son in 2 and he and his cousins had a blast playing on the pirate ships, going down the slides, and swimming in the pools. The rooms were very clean and the staff was helpful. Something that had changed from the last time we stayed was they added and larger game room/arcade. This was another kid friendly activity. The kids won tickets and got to pick out prizes for winning games. The bar is also a nice area for adults to hang out. I would definitely reccomend this to any parent with kids as well as any family gathering!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
We are so glad you had an "Awesome Stay", that is the experience we want each and every guest to have! Please come visit us again.

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!