“Fun family get away!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 West Russell, I-29 & Exit 81, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Willmar
“Fun family get away!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Such a great hotel. My 5 and 10 year old loved the pirate ship and big water slide. My 1 year old loved watching all the action and walking around in the pirate ship pool. Very spacious pool area. Comfortable water temperature. We were going to go to Chuck E. Cheese for games but didn't have to. The hotel had a fun game room where the kids won tickets and could redeem prizes. Made the kids and the parents happy. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Thank you for staying with us. We are so glad you had great experience.

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stay at this hotel several times a year on business and it is always great. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are always clean. I recommend this hotel to friends, and they are always impressed with how nice the suites are.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank for your business. We are fortunate to have guests like you.
Sioux Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My family and I absolutely love your hotel and stay there often; however recently I had the NOT so pleasant experience with your manager Brad and how he handled the buffet. We were not at all impressed with him. He lacked any kind of tact, customer service and management skills. I stood at the please wait to be seated area with my 3 young childen for 20 minutes. Never once were we offered to be seated nor when I asked. There were maybe 5 other tables so I can understand that they may have been somewhat busy. I finally told my kids to go help themselves and when our 12 other family members arrived they recieved the same "service." I know for a fact your buffet didn't just open that day so there's no excuse for the way it was ran. When Brad appeared he not only raised his voice but was completely rude and than just turned and walked away. I'm not typically the type of person to complain but the way he treated us is completely unacceptable, especially as a manager. He told us also that we would not be served drinks out where we were sitting, but them maybe he should have had someone seating customers and should have been much more prepared for his typical Sunday crowd. I would also recommend he take some kind of management/customer service classes so that he might be familiar with his job and how he handle situations he creates himself. I would highly recommend your hotel to others, however I hope they do not have to deal with him. This was the 3rd time we have been to your buffet but we won't be back but we love everything else about your hotel.

Stayed June 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Ramada, we certainly appreciate your loyalty. As for the buffet, we will look into ways to improve that. Again, we hope to see you back soon.
Highland Mills, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed here for three nights while visiting Sioux Falls. The best part of the hotel is the water park, which is included with the stay. It was crowded on Sunday but was basically empty on Mon. and Tues. We also enjoyed the arcade. There is a nice gift shop. It was not the cleanest hotel I have stayed at, I'll leave it at that. Rooms are what you would expect at a Ramada. Wi-fi did not work well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you for your stay with us. The Water Park has been a wonderful asset to our hotel so that families of all ages can have fun together. Hope to see you again.
Aberdeen, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

if you have kids who love waterparks, you might be tempted by this property. But there are lots of problems here-including unmotivated front staff and checkout time on a weekend is a long ardous affair. (They don't slip the bill under your door to eliminate unnecessary hassle). The place is old, the AC units blow their hot air into the hallway of the old wing, the bed is old & cheap; I travel 30+ weeks annually and for the ridiculous money they charge, this is one the poorest places I've ever stayed in. Terrible for businesspeople and non-kid getaways. Sioux Falls has a lot better properties at a much better value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Siouxfall, Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Thank you for staying with us, we do have a very nice waterpark. We have individual air conditioners in each guest room so that the temperture can be controlled by the guest. I apologize if you did not feel that yours was working to meet you needs. We do keep several on hand if one miss functions, I am sorry we were not given a chance tomake this right for you.
Yes, our weekends are very busy because of the Waterpark, but our weekdays are perfect for the business traveler. I do hope you will try us again, Sioux Falls is a lovely town.
Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

It is difficult to find anything good to say about this motel. Their rates are very high, the motel is way overpriced for its quality, or lack thereof. Their pool area would be a positive; however it receives a HUGE negative since the area is NOT non-smoking. When I made the reservation I was told the motel was non-smoking. Their definition of non-smoking and mine are obviously different. The Tiki Bar is literally right next to the pool in the same open air space and the bar allows smoking, which then fills the pool area with a cloud of smoke. What a wonderful environment for children to be in. All of the rooms are supposed to be non-smoking however ours smelled like smoke. The room was a decent size, but not very clean. It was outdated, the carpet was very worn and needed to be replaced, the whole room was dingy and in desperate need of a face lift. They would do well to use part of the money from their ridiculous rates (for what you get) to update the rooms. The staff was very rude and when questioned about the smoking policy I was told they can say the motel is non-smoking because the rooms are. We were so disgusted by the dirty, dingy room and the smoking by the pool that we left and stayed at another motel.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
All of our guest rooms are non smoking, the only area in the hotel that allows smoking is our Tiki Bar and Casino area. We do try to monitor people smoking in unauthorized areas and thanks to your comments we will try harder.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

I recently purchased a room at this hotel using one of the websites that provides anonymous discount hotel rooms based on star rating. The rating given the hotel was much higher than what the quality of the hotel was - it was rated as a 3.5 star, but it felt like a mediocre 2 star hotel.

The hotel seems like a strange motel that was built around water park. The motel may at one point have opened to the street and the interior hallways were built after the fact because the room windows faced into the hallways with no outside views. The room itself was incredibly dated and on par with hotels that have 2 star (or lower) ratings. The bed linens were old and had holes in them, and the blanket was a strange vellux as opposed the down comforters typical of a hotel that is supposed to have this rating. The room decor was a series of horrible browns and tans. I think the final straw was the sign in the bathroom that informed guests that linens would be inventoried and guests would be charged for missing materials. While this is a standard policy, it seemed incredibly trashy to have to paste it on the bathroom mirror.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
I am sorry you did not like the guest room you received, we most often receive great reviews on our guest rooms. Next time you stay in hotel please call the Front Desk if you have problems and they will always try to accomodate your needs. Please accept our apologies.

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!