“Just What We Wanted” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 West Russell, I-29 & Exit 81, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #29 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Just What We Wanted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

Please note that this is a review of the Ramada by the Sioux Falls convention center. This should not be confused with the other Ramada in Sioux Falls.

We stayed in a two room suite for a quick winter getaway with young children. This hotel has a ton of family suites. The front part of the suite had a couch, chair, TV, kitchenette and table and chairs. The back part had another TV, two queen beds and a closet.

What we liked:
*Pirate ship and waterpark perfect for preschool and young elementary school kids.
*two hottubs
*clean room
*tasteful decor in rooms and lobby
*thick door separating bedroom part of suite from living room
*comfortable queen beds with extra pillows
*adequate size bathroom with large vanity
*everything worked well as far as heating units, fridge, water, etc.
***Front desk staff was the best I've ever encountered!!! They were really on the ball. Our crib arrived in our room before we did. Everything we requested was taken care of promptly and efficiently. We needed our room cleaned at a specific time and it was taken care of.

What I didn't like:
*location is close to airport and convention center, but far from shopping area
*rooms by pool are noisy, if you try to sleep in the front part of the room, bring something to create white noise (back part of room not so loud)
*something in the kiddie pool made me itch and I've never had this problem before, but no one else in the family experienced this

Tip: suites on the second floor are ten dollars a night cheaper, and there are two elevators to use, so highly recommend this for savings

Will definitely be back.

• Liked — front desk staff
  • Disliked — noise in front part of suite from pool area
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
Thank you for your great review, I am so glad you enjoyed your Tropical Getaway.

459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
BLACK HAWK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Inn and Suites (not to be confused with the Ramada Limited at Exit 79), across from the SF Convention center for four nights. At check-in the front desk clerk was pleasant. We stayed in Room 203 which is in the building away from the waterpark. Because of this we never once experienced noise problems. If you're not staying for the waterpark I suggest asking for a room away from the waterpark. It was pretty quiet during our stay, but I can see how noise might be an issue during the evenings (before 10pm) in any poolside rooms. After 10pm the waterslide and pirate ship close so really it's not much of an issue during the nighttime.

I believe this hotel used to be a Holidome, but with as much remodling that's been done it really doesn't show its age. The waterpark was in such good condition I can't imagine it's any older then a few years old. The waterpark is really what makes this hotel stand apart from the others. There are a total of five slides. One slide is for all ages and as others have mentioned here is extremely fun and truly made me feel as happy as a twelve year old going to the waterslide park. It's 160 foot and I highly recommed taking advantage of it! The other slides are on or near the pirate ship. I tried them out too and they were fun as well. I'm 28, so hopefully I didn't look too silly going down them.

Unlike many newer hotels that charge extra for admission, you are given four wristband passes with any room purchase. We never put the wristbands on because we didn't want to wear them the entire length of our stay so instead we brought them with us when we went swimming and never once did the staff give us a second look without wearing them.

No issues with housekeeping other then when we arrived our bathmat towel was damp for some reason. We didn't use it, but the rest of the stay everything was fine. There is an elevator in the middle of the building we stayed in. The tiki bar looked cool, but we didn't ever use their services. The prices to the restaurant seemed to me pretty much in line with anything else in the area. The hotel does not serve a complimentary breakfast, but all in all we didn't miss it with as much else they offered. Instead we went to the Original Pancake House and had an awesome breakfast. Definately worth going to! Check-out was simple and fast.

Overall I can't think of a single thing that would detract us from returning and therefore, I would highly recommend this hotel and will return in the future!

• Liked — Waterpark
  • Disliked — no breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
We ask ourselves the same question! We think we should be ranked higher too! People have such a great time here they do not leave to do anything else in Sioux Falls.
I am so glad you hit the slides! Thank you for staying with us
Johnstown, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This was our second stay at a waterpark hotel on our trip, and this one was a bit overshadowed by the Fairfield in Rapid City. Although this water park is built more for younger kids, and ours had a blast...there isn't as much for the older kids and adults to do. As others have said, it is a bit noisy, but the front desk staff asked me where I wanted my room...with pool overlook (and louder) or out of the pool reach which was quieter...which I much appreciated. Over all a decent place I would recommend to others...especially with smaller kids (4-12 yrs old)

• Liked — waterpark was nice
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel.
brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I stayed here with a large tour group for one night in july.We had dinner at the restaurant which was a set menu.We had some sort of grilled chicken , mashed potato and greens.The chicken tasted like rubber.It was disgusting.The room was nice and big although somewhat hard to find as this is a huge hotel.Like many others I went on the slides in the waterpark and acted like I was a kid again.Yes this hotel is quite noisy but the pool shuts at 10pm so does the pool bar so really people have nothing to complain about.Staff were friendly and overall I loved it!

• Liked — The waterpark
  • Disliked — The food
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!