“Great hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 West Russell, I-29 & Exit 81, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
North Dakota
“Great hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We have stayed here before-so we knew it was a nice place! We didn't have a reservation when we stopped --the man at the front desk was very accommodating-he gave us a pool side room. The pool area is excellent--there is a water slide and several different pool areas. There is a pirate ship area with small slides for little ones. There is also just a regular pool for swimming and a hot tub. Right next to the pool area is a bar, so parents can have a drink while the kids are swimming. We also ordered a pizza from the bar area and ate right there. That was so nice to not have to get dressed and go out to eat elsewhere. There is a game room above the pool area as well. If going through Sioux Falls again-I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Siouxfall, Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for the great comments. We are glad to hear that you are a repeat guest. You are correct kids seem to love the Buccaneer Bay Waterpark and arcade almost as much as the adults like The Tiki Bar. Thank you once again for the feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

clean accommodations ,nice staff, and a water park the kids will love while the adults sit poolside with a nice cold drink ! right across from the new convention center and arena. 3 good local owned restaurants in the area that are within a mile, Casa delray, the Crack'd Pot and the Rollin'Pin all original to the city of Sioux Falls ! Catch a Canaries game across the street , A Hockey game in the winter at the arena ! Easy access to I-29 .

Room Tip: they Have pool side rooms if you want easy access to the water park ..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for that great review. You are correct about the kids loving The Buccaneer Bay Waterpark. it seems to be a big draw for all kids. Also besides the resturants you mentioned we have Castaways Bar & Grill right here on site. Once again Thank You for the awesome review.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Nothing but hassles. Reservation problems - the manager blamed me for calling the 800# to get hotel information and not the hotel direct. Service at the bar- the bartender said we couldn't order food at the bar but had to find the waitress... Only to be told by the waitress that that wasn't right (and later confirmed by the hotel manager). Bar bill- bar closed and bartender was no where in sight. We left and later learned he gave himself an undeserved (large) tip. AC unit- didn't work. Temperature on the unit didn't reflect the temps in the room.

Overpriced. Poor service. Management was not attentive to our concerns at all. Do not recommend!

• Stayed July 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding with the Manager about the 800#. I do know if you are looking for certain information on a hotel it is better to call the hotel direct, just in case there has been changes on the hotel level that the 800# is not aware of yet. I spoke with our Food & Beverage Director about the Tiki Bar issues and he will talk to the employees that work in that area. I hope you called th Front Desk about your A/C unit. we do have maintenance on 24 - 7 to help out in those types of situations. Once again I am sorry about your experience, I do hope you give us another try so we can improve your outlook of us. Thank You
Watertown, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

With the construction on Russell, it is a nightmare getting to this property. Then when you walk in the door, you are hit with a very excessive smell of chlorine. I think they need to work on the ventilation system. Check in was smooth except for insistence for my credit card for a prepaid room - room was paid for someone else. The hallway was very warm as was the entry way from the parking lot. My room smelled almost as bad as the lobby did and I wasn't that close to the pool. It was clean though, and had a nice couch. I went out and bought an air freshener. Later, I got into bed and drifted towards center - there's a dip in the mattress. I couldn't get the A/C to come on, so I just kept lowering the temp until it did come on. Check out was easy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for you comments. I know the construction can be somewhat of a nightmare but it is now open from West ave to Russell. I am sorry about the chlorine smell, with the indoor waterpark it can seem somewhat of an overload when you first walk in but it is electronically inputed into the pools as needed so we are not putting to much into our pools. I am glad to hear the room met you needs with the exception of the bed. We are in the procedd of getting new mattresses for our rooms. Once again thanks for the feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a tournament. They have a rule where you can't eat or drink any outside food or beverages outside of your room. If you're a single family staying in the hotel, probably not a big deal. But, for a group, it was awful! To use the public communal spaces, we either had to go hungry and thirsty or buy their food and drink. Collectively, we ended up spending a lot of money there between drinks and food, but that wasn't good enough for them. We wanted to celebrate a birthday and share cupcakes with the team - no go. We ended up having to celebrate in the hallway outside our rooms. My 10 year old daughter got kicked out of the atrium for eating cheetoes. The girls had to go and sit in the hallway to be together because there wasn't enough room in any single room. I understand that they want people to frequent their bar and restaurant, but trust me, they would have gotten a lot more from us if we could have met halfway. I've never been to any hotel with such a restrictive policy. That policy alone will result in our association never staying there again.

Aside from the food/drink policy... There was garbage on our floor when we first got into the room - crumpled up pieces of paper. There were stains on the sheets and pillowcases that washing didn't remove. We ran out of toilet paper and had to go to the front desk to ask for more because all that we were left with when we first got in there were two almost empty rolls. The carpeting in the hallways is ripping and stretched out, resulting in rippling that a couple of people tripped in spots. One of our party's air conditioner didn't work. They sent a couple different maintenance people to the room and they insisted it was fine. Finally, another parent who is in the HVAC business pulled the front off of the unit and it was frozen through. So, after arguing for 2 nights, they were finally moved to a new room. The pool was fine and the kids enjoyed that part of it, between upkeep and policies, I can't recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: They had free wi-fi, but it was sketchy at best and the only time we could get connection in our roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Siouxfall, Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. I would like to apologize about the room issues first, the paper on the floor and stained sheets are not our normal procedures. However if our staff does not catch these things we do have staff on duty who will bring fresh sheets, toilet paper or anything else to our guests, all you need to do is call the Front Desk and our staff will make things right. As far your daughter being kicked out of the atrium I am not sure any of the staff would do this due to us selling such items in our Gift Shop, so I am still looking into this. I spoke with our maintence people and they did state that the A/C unit was working. They also said if guests leave the room door or window open the unit will not cool like it should, I do apologize that it was not working to your satisfaction. I was under the assumption that after they looked at the unit you were upgraded to a suit for no extra cost that same day for the inconvenince. I also want to say we are sorry about the carpets, with the high traffic areas our carpets tend to get worn down quickly. We are in the process of getting new carpts.
With our Tiki Bar policy, it is in place due to the fact that the whole pool area is a resturant - bar. So in effect with that, we do not want to jeopardize our food and beverage license. With the policy we can in effect try and control any underage drinking or overdrinking so all our guests can be safe, We do have multiple tables on the far side of the Tiki Bar behind the slide that we allow guests to utilize ie, playing cards, chatting or birthday cakes. We also offer plenty of meeting space, all groups need to do is speak to our sales department. We love all the groups that stay here and we try to work with each and everyone of them. Once again I do apologize for the issues your group encountered, I wish you could have spoken with a Manager on duty so they could have help you resolve the problems. Thank you for your feedback.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked this room for the water park in the atrium. It was a solid "free" offering for an average hotel in middle America. The water park was clean and in pretty good shape. Our room was good size and comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel, but they seemed to have a bar and lots of tables surrounding the pool area, which included two hot tubs, small plain pool, pirate splash pool with several slides, basketball pool, and one large two-story slide. There was no staff supervision while we were there, but it was also relatively quite. Some rough and unruly older kids came as we were leaving, but we didn't observe staff intervening. I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel UNLESS you were planning to take advantage of the pool. It served our needs for a treat for the kids while we did laundry and rested.

Room Tip: We had a room down the hall from the pool, but on the same level. The windows face inward to the po...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Siouxfall, Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for you comments, our Waterpark is a great treat for kids of all ages, We are glad to hear your family enjoyed it. As far as the staffing of the pool, we normally have pool attendents during our busier times, however if guests need we always have staff around to help in anyway possible. Thank you once again for the feedback.

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!