“Cold pool water and loud when sleeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites

You added Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 West Russell, I-29 & Exit 81, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Cold pool water and loud when sleeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The pool area is nice but it was very difficult to enjoy it with our 2 year old son and nieces that are 3 & 4. The water temperature is pretty cold making our son shiver alot and making it difficult for me to be in there with him. Our nieces enjoyed it more but were also shivering but their endless energy kept them going! The hot tubs were constantly packed because everybody was probably having the same issue!

It was difficult to sleep as well with all of the noises. I learned from previous experience that it can be loud at a waterpark hotel with all of the kids running around so I came in thinking the same would occur, which was fine because they eventually go to sleep. However at this place the noise is generated by the Hotel itself and adults. Don't even bother sleeping if you are by the pool area because they blare music at the bar in there. And then once the bar closes the adults decide to migrate toward the hallways and stay outside there. Our relatives stayed away from the pool area and were woken up by a group of adults hanging outside their room. It took multiple calls to the front desk to get them to come and ask the guests to leave.

And now on to the restaurant that is attached to the hotel. We ate dinner and breakfast there. The dinner was great! the menu is your typical Bar and Grill food. Each of us enjoyed the food and i would mark it as above average. The breakfast is a different story. They have a buffet there and the food is horrible. They pretty much offer the exact same food you usually get at other hotels for free, but this place you had to pay for it and it was worse. The staff at the restaurant were friendly. There were very few people in there for dinner and the waiter hardly stopped by and just hung out at the bar. The breafast waitress was running around with her head cut off. She was the only waitress there and the place was busy. She did a good job but could have used some help. Even with a buffet you need staff there!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Our pool temperatures are between 80 and 85 degrees, and the air temperature is +80 degrees, we will see what we can do to make it more confortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Watertown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This has become an anual trip for our family. We love the water park & always find the rooms clean & comfortable. Only downfall was the poor service at the hotel resturant. Otherwise a great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for repeat business! We are a wonderful place for a family gathering. Hope to see you again next year. Happy Holidays.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Ramada as we were excited to have a fun family weekend at a water park. I should have known early on in my search that this establishment was one to avoid. I called looking for a room with just a queen bed as our toddlers would sleep in pack n plays but when I asked for a room they said "we only have kings suites available." However I had checked online just prior which showed basic rooms still available. When I asked about this a few seconds later magically a few basic rooms were available. I didn't book just then as I had wanted to check on a few other places but elected to call back a few days later asking again for a basic room and I was given the same line about them only having king suites when in fact basic rooms were available after I called them on it.

That is when I wished I would've looked elsewhere. The water park was ok and our 3 and 4 year olds had fun swimming. However if your room happens to be anywhere near the poolside bar don't plan on falling asleep until after the bar closes at midnight as they crank the music and the constant screams and hoots from the bar crowd kept all of us awake. We called the front desk but nothing ever changed. My parents and my sisters family who were staying in another part of the hotel also had a miserable time sleeping as there were smaller parties going on throughout the hotel in the hallways and staircases.

Bottom line: ok water park but once he sun goes down this is a miserable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
I apologize that you had problems with your reservations. We do try to quiet areas down after the waterpark closes, I am sorry some of our guests kept you awake.

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!