“Great for the kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1301 West Russell, I-29 & Exit 81, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #30 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Western, MN
“Great for the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We have stayed here 3 times with our 4 kids and each time has been wonderful! The rooms are basic, but the pool area is fantastic. We have never had a problem with anything. In the process of trying to get another room booked for the month of March.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and look forward to you returning.

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I booked a birthday party event and it was the worst experience I have ever had!! First off, if there are rules (do's & don'ts) then maybe the person booking the party should tell the person booking about them or mail a sheet to them instead of waiting until the middle of the party to come yell at the person (who had no idea) that it is not allowed!! Secondly, maybe the night manager Eric should take a class in PROFESSIONALISM and CUSTOMER RELATIONS because he is rude and crude!! Also having 1 bartender/waitress to tend to 3 birthday parties plus guests is UNTHINKABLE!! Complete idiocy!! We ordered our pizzas at 3:30 for 5:00 and we got them at 5:45!! I ordered far enough in advance they should have been on time. Then we ordered a second batch of pizzas and they were BURNT, so much so noone would eat them. And they would not redo them because they were too busy!! What crap!! I spent almost $250 and I expected better service!! I WOULD NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!! And to make it worse when I tried calling the MAnager of the hotel she would nevewr take my call. She apparently was ALWAYS in a meeting, on the phone, out of the office, etc!! Too afraid to deal with your POOR service?? and to make it right???? I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IN A MILLION YEARS!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. Next time may we suggest you book your birthday party through the hotel as we very carefully go through all that is included and all that is not at the time of booking. We limit the number of birthday party packages per day so our timing for all is good. We have reached out by email and will continue to do so.
East Saint Louis, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed New Years Eve and the place was full of kids. There was no place to sit, all tables and chairs were taken so in order to watch our children play we had to stand. We knew this going there so we weren't surprised. The rooms are not sound proof as we could hear a lot of commotion in the halls. Again, it was NYE so I was not surprised. The water pressure was horrible in our sink. The shower was fine but barely any water came out of the sink faucet. Since it was NYE they offered airbrush tatoos and balloons-that was a nice added touch for the kids.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Siouxfall, General Manager at Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for ringing in the New Year with us. New Year's Eve is a busy family night in our hotel. We do provide on this night extra's for the families to enjoy. Thank you for your understanding that New Year's Eve is an about average noise night.
Gardner, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip on 1/4/12. I stayed in room 221...and anyone standing at the front desk when I checked in would've known it too. Why? Because when I checked in, the front desk clerk announced, out loud, "You'll be in room 221" and gave me my room key with the number "221" written very large on the outside, which she laid on the counter for all to see. I thought hotels these days were a little more sensitive to things like that, especially for women traveling alone like me. And there were plenty of people standing around, so they could all pay me a visit later if they wanted. But not worry...I have locks on my room door, right? Well, sort of. I had a lock on my door, yes, but the deadbolt was broken AND the metal swing lock was broken as well. So, no problem kicking the door in. And my room was down a fairly remote hallway to boot. No, nothing happened, but the hotel really needs to improve its security policies, make some repairs, and retrain its front desk employees on this issue. I also had to have maintenance called to replace a broken lamp. I noticed a card where guests were supposed to write down maintenance problems in the room...really??

Other info...This isn't really a business-y kind of hotel. It's definitely a "family fun" kind of place. It actually looks like a good place to bring kids...there is a fairly large indoor waterslide and a "pirate ship," etc. There is an overwhelming smell of cholrine throughout the hotel from the pool though. The rooms are fine - clean, nothing fancy, but decent. They are a little "old school" in that they have tube TVs. The wireless in the rooms is good.

This hotel is near to the airport (about 15 min away or so), but there are no restaurants around except the hotel restaurant, which I didn't try. The room service menu is very limited and just about everything is unhealthy. There is an exercise room, but it is TINY and the machines are super close together. It is also in a very remote, windowless room that did not feel safe to me. Hate to sound paranoid, but you have to think about this stuff when you're traveling alone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you your review. You are right, we did make a mistake in saying your room number out loud. We should have moved your room for you. Good news our LCD Flat screens are on the way. Should have tried Castaways Bar and Grille's menu that is sure to please everyone's appetite. Hope you try us again.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I reviewed this property three years ago. Things have changed a bit, so I wanted to write another review.

Pros: The pool area is still great. The kids had a blast. The staff was friendly all around. This rates are reasonable.

Cons: Little by little, the property seems to be going downhill. I noticed many small things I hadn't noticed the previous visit: Bare lightbulbs, hall lights that were flickering and burning out, stains on our pillowcases, a big red stain on our room carpet, uncomfortable mattresses with a sag in the middle, finishes chipping off outside door handles and entryway heaters, a toilet that was difficult to flush and overflowing trash near the vending machines. Someone spilled ice cream right outside an outside entrance and it remained there for the duration of our visit. There were also some condensation issues. Water ran down the window in the morning and pooled on top of the heating/AC unit. It also ran down out of a vent in the bathroom wall.

That being said, the last time we stayed here we stayed in a poolside suite. This time we stayed in a regular room thinking it would be quieter. It was definitely quieter, but I'm not sure if the suites receive better maintenance or not?

None of these things were major issues and I think a little TLC would quickly turn things around. If you're looking for a place where your kids will have fun swimming, this is still a good option for the area.

Room Tip: Get a regular room in one of the two back corridors if you don't want noise from the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for continuing to stay with us. Our Water Park is great fun. We are continually upgrading our property so please keep returning.
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. I have stayed at other hotels in the area on other trips but never again. The Ramada has a great dining and bar area on site and clean rooms. The staff is friendly and the shuttle drivers got me back and forth from the airport in a safe and timely manner.

Room Tip: The rooms that are closer to the pool have a higher humidity level are a little warmer. Depending o...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for such a great review. We do have a friendly staff and a clean hotel. Look forward to your next visit.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

A nice hotel with clean rooms. Good staff. And a great family friendly pool. It was a quick stay but well worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for such a great review. We have a clean hotel, great food and a wonderful staff. Thanks for staying.

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!