“Not as bad as it looks to be. ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   407 Lyons Avenue, I-29 (Exit 79), Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Not as bad as it looks to be. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Corporate Lodging got me this place for the weekend. I went to check in and the desk girl working the evenings had so much personal drama going on that I was asked to "give her a minute". I was in no hurry so I waited. There was another couple trying to check in also so we all had to wait. She wasn't sure how to check me in so I had Corp Lodging call her. After about 30mins I was finally in my room. It was a nice size room with a King bed, a love seat, desk, and new flat screen tv. There was no phone in my room, but that's no big deal. The wifi was fast, and had no issues with it. There was no tv channel guide so I asked the front desk and they had none so I had to write the channels on the note pad provided (never did find HBO). Breakfast was cheap, that's all just cheap. The coffee was hot one day cold the next (I don't think they made fresh coffee). There's plenty of restaurants around, but only a Wendys and Taco Bell within walking. On the second day someone set off the fire alarm, and I got to meet my room neighbors as they asked if I had any beer. The desk girl (same one) had no idea what to do to turn it off so it went off for about 30mins till someone could get here and take care of it. There's another Ramada in town that is much better then this one (and it even has a water park in it). If you've got kids look at that one. I guess this isn't to bad for a night or two, but next time I'll look at another place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pierre, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Horrible. Filthy room. Dirty towels! Someone put danger tape all over my car and they charged me for a roll of the danger tape. What the hell? Staff were lazy and were way too old to have hickeys all over their neck. Who would suck that? Never stay at a ramada again. Disgusting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Corsica, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

When we first arrived we were told our reservation through Expedia had been booked for a standard room away from the pool.( Expedia had assured me we had a poolside room.) The manager then made arrangements for us to get a suite poolside at no extra cost. The front desk informed me also that had I called them direct and told them my husband is a veteran it would have cost me a lot less then what Expedia had charged me, about $40.00.
My grand daughter (3 years old) is in love with all the pools they have. She ran from one to the other all day .. lol .. She especially had fun on the water slide.I liked that I could sit either at the tables by the bar or pool and see everything she was doing.
Our room was clean and and our beds were very comfortable. Staff was always nice and polite. The restaurant has a fantastic pizza that they will deliver to your room.

Room Tip: Recommend a poolside suite, it's close to the fun but the beds are far enough away from pool are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Got a great rate on Priceline for this hotel. Unfortunately, all the past negative reviews are accurate.
Hotel is right off the interstate, but seems to be in an "industrial part of town". No attractions or sit down restaurants within walking distance.
Outside of property and parking lot could use some maitenence. Trash, paint, etc.
Front Desk staff was not pleasant. No smiling whatsoever. Checked into our room and discovered the a/c was not working properly. Called the front desk. I was told to "unplug" it for awhile and she would come up to look. I pulled out the filter and it was so dirty!
Front Desk Clerk came and complained how hot it was in the room. She pulled out the filter and said it "wasn't that dirty". She left. Then came back with another girl who pulled out the filter and told the other one, "I told you to clean this." . They left. They came back saying they had no other rooms available, but brought us a box fan. The fan was so dirty/dusty I could not see through it. I put it in the bath tub to rinse it off with the shower and soon discovered that the drain was clogged.
After cleaning out the tub, we needed more towels and pillows. I went to the front desk and they were standing outside smoking...said they would look for some more linens. My son and I went to dinner and as we were driving out of the lot, they were still out front smoking. We came back and yep, you guessed it, they were outside smoking. I asked for the linens . They gave me two towels, no pillows.
Next morning we discovered the toilet was plugged. Went to the front desk. The morning clerk was even crabbier than the two the night before. She didn't know where a plunger was and finally had Housekeeping find one of which she handed to me and basically said, "good luck".
The carpet in the room was very dirty and coming up off the floor.
The only positive is that the room was good size and the bed was comfortable. The sheets /towels were clean. And the location was quiet.
Mold growing on the shower curtain.
The entire property needs work inside and out...including the staff!

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any "good" rooms in this Hotel. We stayed in 220...so I wouldn't...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!