“Better then dealing with Expedia !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   407 Lyons Avenue, I-29 (Exit 79), Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #40 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Corsica, South Dakota
“Better then dealing with Expedia !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

When we first arrived we were told our reservation through Expedia had been booked for a standard room away from the pool.( Expedia had assured me we had a poolside room.) The manager then made arrangements for us to get a suite poolside at no extra cost. The front desk informed me also that had I called them direct and told them my husband is a veteran it would have cost me a lot less then what Expedia had charged me, about $40.00.
My grand daughter (3 years old) is in love with all the pools they have. She ran from one to the other all day .. lol .. She especially had fun on the water slide.I liked that I could sit either at the tables by the bar or pool and see everything she was doing.
Our room was clean and and our beds were very comfortable. Staff was always nice and polite. The restaurant has a fantastic pizza that they will deliver to your room.

Room Tip: Recommend a poolside suite, it's close to the fun but the beds are far enough away from pool are...

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Got a great rate on Priceline for this hotel. Unfortunately, all the past negative reviews are accurate.
Hotel is right off the interstate, but seems to be in an "industrial part of town". No attractions or sit down restaurants within walking distance.
Outside of property and parking lot could use some maitenence. Trash, paint, etc.
Front Desk staff was not pleasant. No smiling whatsoever. Checked into our room and discovered the a/c was not working properly. Called the front desk. I was told to "unplug" it for awhile and she would come up to look. I pulled out the filter and it was so dirty!
Front Desk Clerk came and complained how hot it was in the room. She pulled out the filter and said it "wasn't that dirty". She left. Then came back with another girl who pulled out the filter and told the other one, "I told you to clean this." . They left. They came back saying they had no other rooms available, but brought us a box fan. The fan was so dirty/dusty I could not see through it. I put it in the bath tub to rinse it off with the shower and soon discovered that the drain was clogged.
After cleaning out the tub, we needed more towels and pillows. I went to the front desk and they were standing outside smoking...said they would look for some more linens. My son and I went to dinner and as we were driving out of the lot, they were still out front smoking. We came back and yep, you guessed it, they were outside smoking. I asked for the linens . They gave me two towels, no pillows.
Next morning we discovered the toilet was plugged. Went to the front desk. The morning clerk was even crabbier than the two the night before. She didn't know where a plunger was and finally had Housekeeping find one of which she handed to me and basically said, "good luck".
The carpet in the room was very dirty and coming up off the floor.
The only positive is that the room was good size and the bed was comfortable. The sheets /towels were clean. And the location was quiet.
Mold growing on the shower curtain.
The entire property needs work inside and out...including the staff!

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any "good" rooms in this Hotel. We stayed in 220...so I wouldn't...
Urbandale, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our experience was terrible, from the initial impression to the check-out. We had booked a room that would sleep 6, but they said it wasn't available, and that our booking was only for the room for 4. The lobby area was "scummy" looking, almost frightening, and there were people hanging out in the halls. But it was past bedtime for our small children and we didn't have time to start our search over again. We were stuck, so we ordered the roll-a-way bed, which took almost an hour to arrive. In that time, we discovered that the bathroom had not been cleaned. There were dirty towels in the tub and on the floor. There were stains on the bed, which really didn't make us feel good. When the person arrived to address the bathroom issue, she actually asked if we wanted her to take the dirty towels. She removed them, but didn't take the time to actually clean anything. We couldn't wait to get out in the morning. As we walked out the door, a guy behind the counter was in conversation with someone, and glanced up, asked me, "how was your stay?". I said not good at all, and he said, "good", and continued his conversation, obviously not listening to me at all.
We will never stay at this hotel again, and my impression of Ramada in general is significantly tarnished.

Grand Forks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband & daughter stayed here for a ball tournament. I got a VERY cheap rate or we would definitely have complained. After reading some of the reviews on here I actually got concerned and called the hotel to double check that it would be in good shape for their stay. I was assured everything would be fine and they were remodeling. Report from my husband was that the hotel seemed rundown, definitely not a "Ramada' feel, and lots of small problems with maintenance, cleanliness, etc. If we had paid list price I would have been quite upset with the level of service and quality. For $65 we made it work. I told the clerk that there were a number of negative reviews on Tripadvisor and they might want to address that - it does not look like that's happened either. Too bad. I hope Ramada corporate steps in!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently remodeled room if you can.
Brainerd, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel on my birthday (July 12, 2014). I use to be a housekeeper, and head housekeeper, at various locations throughout St. Cloud, MN and I always take the time to look over the room upon arrival. These are just a few things I found:
Window ledge not wiped off (ashes)
Hair on pillow and under the blanket
Giant (sex?) stains on both couch cushions (did not want to sit on the couch, or even touch it)
Bathroom floor not wiped down (greasy feeling on bare feet, hair on the floor)
Small hairs all over bathroom tub
Grime in the bottom of the tub with a huge ring on the walls on the tub (needs bleach and magic eraser)
Ashtrays still had ashy residue left in them
Grimey, black ledge next to couch
One of the bath towels had BLACK stains on it
Air conditioner had ashes where the temperature controls were
Carpet was not vacuumed and could see, and feel, debris all over it
The towel bar in the bathroom fell off with the slightest touch
Vanity sink was clogged and would fill fast when it was used
Crumbs inside the refrigerator
Coffee maker had a funny smell and when I took the cups off of the burner, they made a peeling noise as if they were stuck to the burner.

At this point, we felt it necessary to get a sleeping bag out of the trunk to lay on the bed to sleep on top of. We also did not shower on the second day because we were absolutely grossed out by then. Upon checking in, we had also requested a late check out because the concert we were attending that night was at a bar location and we knew we would be tired, especially after the long day of driving. Tavia, the gal at the front desk, told us we would be able to check out at noon no problem, which we thought was great... until the next morning. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:30am (we did not have a DND sign on our door because there wasn't one available to us in the room). Housekeeping then came back at 11:30am and my fiance told her we had a late check-out.. about ten minutes after that, the morning girl at the front desk knocked AGAIN! She asked if we had come down to the front desk for late check-out and he told her that we were approved the day before for checking out late. By this time, we were not only disgusted, but very upset and couldn't stand to be there another second. Tavia, also allowed a 22 dollar refund, making the room a flat rate of 45 dollars. After the entire ordeal, it would have been a more pleasurable experience pitching a tent on the front lawn and sleeping there.

Thoroughly Disappointed and Disgusted!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Get Room #202!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed recently and the hotel was quite full. We were given a handicap accessible room which was spacious but presented a couple issues. First, the bathroom door had to be either completely closed, allowing for no air circulation, or completely open, blocking the entrance/exit to the room. While there was a roll in shower with a bench and low, reachable hooks, there was no adaptation to the sink or vanity, which struck me as odd.

Bedding and furniture were standard. The room had a convenient microwave and fridge. AC worked to cool the room, but something wasn't right because the room was very damp and humid. The carpet felt wet and a baby outfit I washed out took two days to dry. I don't want to think about what kind of mold this situation might have created.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Plattsmouth, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently had a ball tournament in Sioux Falls and had 11 rooms reserved. The manager Jay was very accommodating to us and made sure we were all together. They also let us use one of the meeting rooms to have our team dinner in, instead of being outside in the 100 deg weather. They did have a shortage of towels, but not that big of a deal. Rooms were fairly clean. I would stay here again. Big thanks to all the staff they had working, were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!