“Not Ramada standards.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   407 Lyons Avenue, I-29 (Exit 79), Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Grand Forks, Canada
“Not Ramada standards.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband & daughter stayed here for a ball tournament. I got a VERY cheap rate or we would definitely have complained. After reading some of the reviews on here I actually got concerned and called the hotel to double check that it would be in good shape for their stay. I was assured everything would be fine and they were remodeling. Report from my husband was that the hotel seemed rundown, definitely not a "Ramada' feel, and lots of small problems with maintenance, cleanliness, etc. If we had paid list price I would have been quite upset with the level of service and quality. For $65 we made it work. I told the clerk that there were a number of negative reviews on Tripadvisor and they might want to address that - it does not look like that's happened either. Too bad. I hope Ramada corporate steps in!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently remodeled room if you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brainerd, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on my birthday (July 12, 2014). I use to be a housekeeper, and head housekeeper, at various locations throughout St. Cloud, MN and I always take the time to look over the room upon arrival. These are just a few things I found:
Window ledge not wiped off (ashes)
Hair on pillow and under the blanket
Giant (sex?) stains on both couch cushions (did not want to sit on the couch, or even touch it)
Bathroom floor not wiped down (greasy feeling on bare feet, hair on the floor)
Small hairs all over bathroom tub
Grime in the bottom of the tub with a huge ring on the walls on the tub (needs bleach and magic eraser)
Ashtrays still had ashy residue left in them
Grimey, black ledge next to couch
One of the bath towels had BLACK stains on it
Air conditioner had ashes where the temperature controls were
Carpet was not vacuumed and could see, and feel, debris all over it
The towel bar in the bathroom fell off with the slightest touch
Vanity sink was clogged and would fill fast when it was used
Crumbs inside the refrigerator
Coffee maker had a funny smell and when I took the cups off of the burner, they made a peeling noise as if they were stuck to the burner.

At this point, we felt it necessary to get a sleeping bag out of the trunk to lay on the bed to sleep on top of. We also did not shower on the second day because we were absolutely grossed out by then. Upon checking in, we had also requested a late check out because the concert we were attending that night was at a bar location and we knew we would be tired, especially after the long day of driving. Tavia, the gal at the front desk, told us we would be able to check out at noon no problem, which we thought was great... until the next morning. Housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:30am (we did not have a DND sign on our door because there wasn't one available to us in the room). Housekeeping then came back at 11:30am and my fiance told her we had a late check-out.. about ten minutes after that, the morning girl at the front desk knocked AGAIN! She asked if we had come down to the front desk for late check-out and he told her that we were approved the day before for checking out late. By this time, we were not only disgusted, but very upset and couldn't stand to be there another second. Tavia, also allowed a 22 dollar refund, making the room a flat rate of 45 dollars. After the entire ordeal, it would have been a more pleasurable experience pitching a tent on the front lawn and sleeping there.

Thoroughly Disappointed and Disgusted!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Get Room #202!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed recently and the hotel was quite full. We were given a handicap accessible room which was spacious but presented a couple issues. First, the bathroom door had to be either completely closed, allowing for no air circulation, or completely open, blocking the entrance/exit to the room. While there was a roll in shower with a bench and low, reachable hooks, there was no adaptation to the sink or vanity, which struck me as odd.

Bedding and furniture were standard. The room had a convenient microwave and fridge. AC worked to cool the room, but something wasn't right because the room was very damp and humid. The carpet felt wet and a baby outfit I washed out took two days to dry. I don't want to think about what kind of mold this situation might have created.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Plattsmouth, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently had a ball tournament in Sioux Falls and had 11 rooms reserved. The manager Jay was very accommodating to us and made sure we were all together. They also let us use one of the meeting rooms to have our team dinner in, instead of being outside in the 100 deg weather. They did have a shortage of towels, but not that big of a deal. Rooms were fairly clean. I would stay here again. Big thanks to all the staff they had working, were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Buffalo, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

There was blood on our sheets, we had to change the bedding ourselves. Neither of the clerks apologized nor made any offers to make up for the issue.
I am very confident the room was not cleaned before we arrived. There was a sunflower seed on the floor in the room and toilet paper on the floor in the bathroom. One of the cups was stacked but not wrapped in cellophane for sanitation.
Breakfast was from 6 to 10 and they were out of plates by 8:30 am. The garbage stacked up by the garbage can and no one attempted to clear it.
I am not a high class person but I was not comfortable staying or eating here.
Their smoking rooms are directly across the hall from the non-smoking rooms, defeating the purpose of non-smoking rooms.
There was only 1 staff present, I tried calling the front desk a number of times (exceeding 5 times) and was not able to contact anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

As we pulled up I knew we were in trouble. I always use tripadvisor reviews and thought this location looked fairly good. I walked in behind a group of 10 people with suitcases full of beer. There were TONS of people just sitting on the parking curbs all over the parking lot partying. The bed had a bug in it. The door didn't close properly and you could see where someone had tried to break in. The front desk staff was cordial and helpful and the bathroom was at least clean.
I'd look to stay elsewhere unless you're looking for a long term month to month stay

• Stayed June 2014
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Got this hotel through Hotwire. It's a place in need of some upkeep. Smells musty, walls are marked up and the place just is generally run down. We just stayed one night and left first thing in the morning so it was ok for one night, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!