“We enjoyed our stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sioux Falls

Save Saved
You added Ramada Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Ramada Sioux Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   407 Lyons Avenue, I-29 (Exit 79), Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Jasper, Georgia, United States
“We enjoyed our stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just spent a week at the Ramada for the ASA 14U Fastpitch softball tournament. My son's family and myself stayed in one of the suites which was nice. The location was fine...Sioux Falls is a small town and you could get anywhere within 5 minutes of the hotel...restaurants, ball parks, downtown, etc. The rooms aren't perfect, but ours was clean and we had no issues during the week. The cleaning staff was good and very friendly/helpful. The staff throughout the hotel was very nice and helpful...food in the restaurant was very good as well. The grandchildren loved the pools and water slide, plus the arcade area! We would stay there again without hesitation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a mediocre experience at the Ramada. Never stayed at a Ramada before and always thought they were better establishments than this one. Even though the motel had told us previously that we were booked for a non-smoking room, we ended up in a smoking one. Housekeeping was a little shoddy. The back of the bathroom door was dirty. I think they forgot to put ion the maid’s checklist. The bathroom sink didn’t drain properly, there were burn holes in the carpet and a wet coffee packet was left in the in-room coffee. Décor could use some updating.

Had a good shower with a powerful, relaxing stream, comfortable bed & wide screen TV. Nice business center for public use.

Room Tip: We were able to get two rooms for $50 each using Priceline's Name-Your-Own-Price feature for our...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The management continues to upgrade rooms and the front desk clerk was very willing to help, but my reservation was mixed up. I wanted a non-smoking room, none we available, and my, did my room reek. I called the front desk and was given the opportunity to try two other smoking rooms, neither were much better, but I settled for a smaller room, and made do. I also requested a first floor room, but those were all taken. Other than that, this Ramada continues to be a great place to stay, close to the Fairgrounds, with a good area to walk pets. The room was clean, a fridge and micro are provided. Another nice thing is the variety to order in food options available.

Room Tip: Don't book on line, there's no guarantee you will get what you want. Book early, this is a b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Redfield, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here for a state softball tourny.Checked in on a Friday afternoon,our first room had torn furniture,wet towels froma previous stay still in the bathroom,bathroom doors hinge was broke and door wouldnt shut,the door to our room was stuck to the point we could hardly get out of our room.They accomadated us with the only room available and that room was also dirty,broken toilet seat and the air conditioner did not work.Our rooms temp was over 80 degrees on top of the temp being in the high 90s to 100s.Staff refused to call maintnance and did give us to fans,after my son became sick and throwing up from the hot room(he grabbed a blanket and sat in the hall way just to keep cool).They called later that night at 11:30pm and said they could move us the next day due to a room opening up,we moved to our 3rd room and the towel rails were falling off along with the shower curtain also falling down,TV had lines through it and the roll away the brought us had urine stains all over and one of the head boards on the bed was broke along with holes in the wall.Needless to say we found a opening at a different hotel that just by chance had a opening and packed our bags and moved.Would not recommend this hotel for any occasion.

Room Tip: very filthy hotel rooms and many repairs that need to be done.
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I didn't stay here, my friends did on a visit. First thing I noticed when I walked into their hotel room was that it was small. 2 double/queen beds. A fold out couch. Small TV. Now...they do have 4 kids so I'm sure it looked small with all their items. The door didn't close well (very hard to shut) and the lobby was small. She did say the beds were comfortable which was good. The pool seemed nice. Overall it was a nice hotel, but small.

Faribault, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

For the area, the prices on the travel sites (Hotels.com, etc...) is very good, for a reason. This is now a hotel a rung below your average Motel 6. No towels, so we asked for some to be sent up. Four hours later we returned to the room, still no towels, when I went down to the desk the lone employee gave them to me to carry up myself, same deal with the requested but forgotten bedding for the pullout sofa. I can't blame the lady at the front desk, as she was palpably busy, and it shows real understaffing. The pool had a yucky scum of tanning oil and bug spray and no towels. Both pool ladders are missing rungs, a real safety hazard. The shower in the room had rusty fixtures and a cheap "rebath" style surround with crumbling caulk. On the plus side, the breakfast was good with a waffle maker, french toast, hard boiled eggs, etc... Again, the one employee split her time between stocking the breakfast and manning the front desk, failing to have the time to do both well. In the room, checking to see if we left anything behind when we checked out, found a tin of snuf that was clearly left behind and not found by the cleaning crew. Beds were OK and TV and AC were fine. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are away from a noisy highway.
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights, and were part of a fairly large group (we rented about 15 rooms total). This seems to be a slightly older motel, but there are some signs of recent renovation around the facility.

First off, this is a pretty small building, which I find as a plus -- I believe there are about 65 rooms total. Our room was average sized, but some in our group had very small rooms, and a couple had larger ones. We did get a microwave & fridge, and both worked well. The bathroom was simple, but more than adequate.

The only issue that we had was with the heating/cooling units. We stayed during a time where it was warm, but not HOT by any means. However, we had a hard time keeping our room at a decent temperature. Even though we had the A/C turned up, the unit wasn't really cooling the room consistently. We asked the front desk to check on it, and they did send a maintenance worker up almost immediately. He flipped a switch inside & thought it would fix the problem. It did for a while, but then it went back to its old behavior. Since we were on the 2nd floor, we were able to open a window partway, so that did help. However, we never did get consistent air conditioning the rest of the time. It seemed like it would work for 4-6 hours, then stop working again, then start up again out of nowhere. Suprisingly, several others in our group had the EXACT same problem as us. We did mention it to the front desk again upon checkout, so hopefully they've had a chance to solve this by now.

The pool & spa were both great. They do offer a free breakfast, too. It's a little smaller in scope than some other spots, but again, this is a smaller hotel -- just don't expect a huge buffet. You can get your typical waffles, muffins, toast, cereal, milk, juice, etc, and they usually offer one new hot item each day (biscuits & gravy, eggs & sausage, etc.) Everything offered was great, in my opinion.

Overall, I'd say that if you can get a room for a decent price (which seems to be the case most of the time here, anyway), give it a try. I'd recommend this for anyone who needs to stay in Sioux Falls for 1 or 2 nights, or maybe a traveling family.

Room Tip: There are two floors, but no elevator. If you have trouble navigating stairs, definitely ask for a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!