“Pleasantly shocked!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Grafton, ND
“Pleasantly shocked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

i am a big fan of the Marriott chain, especially the Fairfields-- but we stayed here because this time we were traveling with a dog, and the nearby Fairfield would not accept pets. Tired out, all I wanted was rest on a grueling business trip, and when husband asked if I wanted one room (about 99.00) or two room suite (about 129.00) I chose the latter with a13 year old daughter and 11 year old son.

DID NOT expect two bedrooms, TWO bathrooms (beyond words what this is worth with a teenage daughter!) Three TVs, and endless space to move! To top it off, a wood burning fireplace to unwind in front of after a nice long shower in a bathroom I did not have to share with ANYONE (BLISS!) Son was thrilled with complimentary popcorn, wich I thought was a nice touch, firewood is avalable at lobby for $4.00 per log. Pull out sleeper couch in living room as well.

Judging by a few of the other reviews that imply this hotel is a bit dated. It is not oppulent, no, but it is very clean, and if you are that fussy good luck finding a Four Seasons in Sioux Falls. This place offers good service, cleanliness, and a lot of bang for your buck. I did, however, also experience internet problems, too, but not a deal breaker. Super nice place!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in mid-December. We've been staying at this hotel nearly since the time it opened, and in terms of decor, it is showing it's age. On the other hand, it is spotlessly CLEAN. If clean matters to you (as it does to us), you will not be disappointed in this hotel.

The breakfast is more than adequate, given that it is included in the room rate. Something for just about everyone, I'd venture to say. Certainly kept my family happy.

I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because the pullout couch in the living room was VERY uncomfortable, and made getting a good night's sleep nearly impossible for two persons in our group of 4. It would be nice if they offered a one bedroom suite with two queen beds to better accommodate families. The king size bed in the bedroom, in contrast, was very comfortable.

We heard some noise from the hallway, but none from adjacent suites (or from above).

Finally, we were told by more than one employee that the place will be renovated beginning in the 4th quarter of 2012. That will make this place even better!

We got our rate from Expedia,and saved $20 compared to the price on the Marriott website. For the money, this was an excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Mukilteo, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I are moving from just outside Philadelphia, PA to Seattle, WA by car and we've had to find places somewhat on the fly the morning of. We stayed at a scary place last night in Merrillville, IN, and we're hoping to do better tonight and man did we ever!

The Residence Inn is a perfect place to land after a ten hour drive. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are enormous, even the towels are soft (a small detail but amaaaaazing at the end of a super long day). Our dog was welcome (there is a non-refundable pet fee of $30) and we were placed close to a side exit which was very convenient, despite being on the second floor. The breakfast was admittedly lackluster, but edible and free. If in Sioux Falls, we'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011 via mobile

Stayed he because the Springhill was full. Now would not stay anywhere else. Brian at the front desk went the extra mile to make sure that my stay was above my expectations. It is a typical Residence Inn. Has all of the amenities that that a typical Residence has. But customer service here is their strong point. Close to the mall and a Texas Roadhouse. Highly recommend anyone staying one night or multiple nights to stay here. I stay 80 plus nights a year in hotels. And this will be added to my favorites.

• Stayed December 2011
Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Spent 3 days at this Residence Inn while visiting Sioux Falls. The staff at this hotel is wonderful and the breakfast offerings were very good and varied. The problem is that the hotel is need of some maintenace and updating. Make sure everything in your room is in working order when you check in to avoid surprises later. Hotel is close to a very large mall, many restaurants and supermarkets. Would stay again because of the staff and the location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SiouxFallsRI_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I want to thank you for your feedback. I apologize that there was some maintenance issue with your room during your stay. Our team at the Sioux falls Residence Inn by Marriott is excited as in 2012 our hotel is going through a complete renovaton so we can offer a more modern up to date product! We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as our staff. I want to assure you that the issues you have brought up have been addressed. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Sioux Falls Residence Inn by Marriott another try next time you stay in the area.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

The location was next to a mall and plenty of food options. Rooms were large with fireplaces and full kitchens. I would certinly stay again, the staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Camden, ME
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

A little shabby around the edges but comfortable enough. I am sensitive to smells so I avoided spending much time in the halls. They apparently spray everything with a Febreze smell, which I find sickening. The halls and rooms reek of it but a day with open windows took care of the worst of it in our room.

We stayed there because of needing a kitchen - more than a microwave and coffee maker - two things I can live without. The stove's plates are all tipped and the pans don't sit level but I've yet to stay in any kitchen equipped hotel without the same issue. They oddly don't supply dishwashing detergent and the fry pan doesn't fit into the half sized dishwasher.

It is a short walk to the Empire Mall, Toys R Us and the Texas Steakhouse. Other stores and restaurants are also close by.

The internet often slowed to a crawl making Hulu choppy at best and other connections slow but I was happy that I didn't have to re-connect everyday like at most places.

We had one very windy day and the windows rattled all day. The curtains were also moving and it made me glad I didn't have to pay their heating bills in the winter but know it is reflected in the cost. It wouldn't be a bad thing for them to get some energy efficient windows in the place.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor on the end away from the highway, it was pretty quiet but the outside l...