“Nightmare on Cliff Ave” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sandy
“Nightmare on Cliff Ave”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

By far the worst motel we have ever stayed in. Check-in took a good half hour because desk clerk couldn't figure out how to enter the pet charge so a "co-worker" had to come and help. The room we had reserved was a non-smoking room. They had to physically run around to find a non-smoking room which had been cleaned. We had to get our card keys reset twice because they wouldn't work. Around 8 pm the water in the motel went off and when I went to inquire at the front desk, I was told it would be back on in a half hour. It never came back on so we couldn't bathe, shave or clean up. The noise was terrible. People yelling and running in the halls. Garbage bags in the hallway. The back door was not locked even though a sign said it was locked. Breakfast was very sparse. No waffle batter available, the juice machine was out of order, there was a plastic gallon jug of milk sitting on the counter, etc. When we checked out we asked for our money back and were told we would have to wait for the day manager. We waited and were reimbursed our total expenses. We will never stay in this motel again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Not Listed
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

The worst hotel stay I've ever had. What a dump! The clerk gave me my key at check in and when I opened the door there was a naked guy standing in the middle of the room looking about as shocked as I was! She put me in an occupied room! A little later I heard a child screaming from the room across the hall as if he were being beaten. I called the front desk and they told me that it's the manager's kids and don't worry about it! I took it for about another 30 min. then called 911. The next morning I tried to use the shower but the pipes made such a awful moaning racket that I was afraid I'd wake the other guests so I ended up without a shower. I reported it to the manager at check out and he didn't even remotely give a crap. The worst!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Russell, General Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-90/Airport East, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for brining up this issue. We work very hard to educate our staff to provide good customer service. I assure you that your next visit will be comfortable and enjoyable with enough breakfast for our guests. We personally warm welcoming you for your next visit.

Been to Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-90/Airport East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-90/Airport East

Address: 4808 North Cliff Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Location: United States > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-90/Airport East 2*
The first stop in finding your super destination! With almost 2,400 locations in the United States and Canada, we make it easy to explore super destinations from coast to coast. Pride of Super 8: Meet the cream of the Super 8 crop! While all of our almost 2,400 locations throughout North America strive to be the best in quality, being a "Pride of Super 8" hotel is a distinction reserved for only the brightest of our shining little stars! We have 58 rooms with non smoking and smoking with single and double beds with flat TV,coffee maker,Refrigerator and microwave. Super Start Breakfast: Delicious, nutritious and FREE! You can't go wrong! That's why every Super 8 offers a complimentary Super Start Breakfast, including coffee, tea, juice, milk, Cinnamon Rolls, Yogurt. Cereal deliciousness! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-90/Airport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Sioux Falls/i-90/Airport East Hotel Sioux Falls
Super Eight Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Super Eight
Sioux Falls Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Sioux Falls/I-90/Airport East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.