“Nice hotel in a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice hotel in a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped here on one night of a long road trip. It's a typical Springhill which we like because we have 3 kids and need the space.

Rooms are nice. Be advised that our room at least did not have a tub but only a shower. My only gripe is the shower was a bit dirty. There was some mildew and what looked like ground in dirt on the shower base.

Breakfast was good. It included eggs, sausage, fresh grapes and strawberries, ham, cheese, oatmeal, Greek yogurt, name brand cereal (including Kashi and Kellogg's granola), and typical breakfast breads and muffins.

Staff was fine but not overly friendly.

This hotel is a good option. We paid less than half what we paid for a nice as nice place in Rapid City, so we felt like we got a good deal here.

• Stayed August 2013
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear ProfandMom,

Thank you for your nice comments in regards to your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites. I'm happy to hear you found great value in our property including the spacious suites as well as our new breakfast. Thank you for staying with us I hope that you will come back and stay again on your next trip to South Dakota!

SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was highly impressed by the large space each room had. The beds were comfortable and the furniture was well maintained. Front desk staff is friendly and welcoming. However, I did have one complaint. My friends and I stayed at this location for a small get together. Around check-out time, we started loading up our cars and needed to leave some items in the room. When we returned to grab the rest of the stuff, the cleaning service was already turning over our room. We hadn't even checked out yet. I appreciate the promptness of their service, but I thought it was extremely rude since we still had many things in the room.

overall, this experience was great, minus the service incident.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Tina C,

Thank you for your review on your stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I am happy that you enjoyed the large room accommodations and how welcoming and friendly the front desk staff was. I appreciate your comments in regards to your check out as I will follow up with our housekeeping team. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you back again!

SpringHill Suites, Sioux Falls
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great staff, great rooms, top notch breakfast. Good stopping place! Good stopover place. Accommodated late checkin. No problems. Had King suite: pull out coach was what you would expect. Only big enough for one.

Dear Gshey,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our great staff, rooms, and top notch breakfast which is new! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for letting others know as well. We look forward to seeing you again at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls!

SpringHill Suites
Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Last time I was in Sioux Falls I stayed at the new Holiday Inn express and was very happy. When my family and I were here this time around there was a regional kids softball thing so there were no rooms available. I booked a room with springhill suites and was concerned about some of the reviews. Overall, this place was great. The building and facilities are nice, new, clean. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and they kept it stocked despite hordes of kids making waffles. I expressed my concerns about street noise and despite very few rooms available the manager put us in a room away from the freeway. After a long time on the road we needed to do some laundry and were happy to find the laundry facilities clean and convenient. My complaints center around the design. Given that you are building a hotel off the freeway (convenient) and by the largest mall in the region with lots of parking, why don't you put in thicker panes on the windows? We had a good amount of parking lot noise. None of the kids woke up but my wife and I heard the motorcycles all night. Another isue was that the large air conditioner was directly next to the bed. It was frigid. The second night I built up a little wall of luggage in front of the air conditioner so that the cool air would come in to the room but not ice sleepers! Finally, the spaces around the door and the frame were pretty large. If you remember the twilight zone poster with the door with the light coming in, think that. we put a towel to keep the light from flooding in. So, Mr. Hotel architect guy, perhaps you should spend a night or two in the rooms you design. Local staff, kudos to you for making our stay a pleasure

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear GreekMark,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I appreciate your kind comments in regards to the friendly staff, clean environment, and that our breakfast staff did a great job. I will ensure these wonderful comments get passed to our staff as they take a lot of pride is serving our guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in town.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past couple months while in Sioux Falls on business. It has always been a great stay. Check in is quick, staff is friendly, rooms are large and very comfortable. This hotel will continue to be my first choice when I'm in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear RTfrom SD,

Thank you for your wonderful loyalty to our hotel when you are in Sioux Falls. I appreciate your great reviews on our terrific staff and large spacious rooms. I am happy to have you as a regular guest at the SpringHill Suites and look forward to your next stay with us.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel with my 10 year old son for our 1st trip to SD on our way to the Black Hills. This hotel was great, big rooms with couch and desk. Very clean and huge bathroom. We would definitely stay there again. Friendly front desk people also. THe pool is small but otherwise terrific stay.

Dear R M,

I am happy that we could be a part of your first experience to South Dakota! Thank you for staying at our location, I am glad you and your son enjoyed our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Black Hills and will be coming back to South Dakota again!

Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Two of us stayed here for a couple of nights and enjoyed our stay. We had a 2 queen room and there was plenty of room to move around. The room was clean, and we liked the fridge, microwave and coffee maker which were all useful for us. There was always someone pleasant to assist us at the front desk, and the buffet breakfast had a lot of variety. The hotel seemed to be fairly full, but I never really heard any noise in the hallway, which was nice. The only thing I really did not care for was the lighting in the bathroom, or the sliding, opaque bathroom door. It's an easy on/off from the interstate, and there is a really nice mall close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear TravelFan5355

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites as well as great customer service. Please come back and see us when you are in Sioux Falls next.

Sara Lussman

Been to SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!