“Great staff, great location, clean, some design flaws” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, MN
“Great staff, great location, clean, some design flaws”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Last time I was in Sioux Falls I stayed at the new Holiday Inn express and was very happy. When my family and I were here this time around there was a regional kids softball thing so there were no rooms available. I booked a room with springhill suites and was concerned about some of the reviews. Overall, this place was great. The building and facilities are nice, new, clean. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and they kept it stocked despite hordes of kids making waffles. I expressed my concerns about street noise and despite very few rooms available the manager put us in a room away from the freeway. After a long time on the road we needed to do some laundry and were happy to find the laundry facilities clean and convenient. My complaints center around the design. Given that you are building a hotel off the freeway (convenient) and by the largest mall in the region with lots of parking, why don't you put in thicker panes on the windows? We had a good amount of parking lot noise. None of the kids woke up but my wife and I heard the motorcycles all night. Another isue was that the large air conditioner was directly next to the bed. It was frigid. The second night I built up a little wall of luggage in front of the air conditioner so that the cool air would come in to the room but not ice sleepers! Finally, the spaces around the door and the frame were pretty large. If you remember the twilight zone poster with the door with the light coming in, think that. we put a towel to keep the light from flooding in. So, Mr. Hotel architect guy, perhaps you should spend a night or two in the rooms you design. Local staff, kudos to you for making our stay a pleasure

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear GreekMark,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I appreciate your kind comments in regards to the friendly staff, clean environment, and that our breakfast staff did a great job. I will ensure these wonderful comments get passed to our staff as they take a lot of pride is serving our guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in town.

SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past couple months while in Sioux Falls on business. It has always been a great stay. Check in is quick, staff is friendly, rooms are large and very comfortable. This hotel will continue to be my first choice when I'm in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear RTfrom SD,

Thank you for your wonderful loyalty to our hotel when you are in Sioux Falls. I appreciate your great reviews on our terrific staff and large spacious rooms. I am happy to have you as a regular guest at the SpringHill Suites and look forward to your next stay with us.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel with my 10 year old son for our 1st trip to SD on our way to the Black Hills. This hotel was great, big rooms with couch and desk. Very clean and huge bathroom. We would definitely stay there again. Friendly front desk people also. THe pool is small but otherwise terrific stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear R M,

I am happy that we could be a part of your first experience to South Dakota! Thank you for staying at our location, I am glad you and your son enjoyed our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your stay. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Black Hills and will be coming back to South Dakota again!

Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Two of us stayed here for a couple of nights and enjoyed our stay. We had a 2 queen room and there was plenty of room to move around. The room was clean, and we liked the fridge, microwave and coffee maker which were all useful for us. There was always someone pleasant to assist us at the front desk, and the buffet breakfast had a lot of variety. The hotel seemed to be fairly full, but I never really heard any noise in the hallway, which was nice. The only thing I really did not care for was the lighting in the bathroom, or the sliding, opaque bathroom door. It's an easy on/off from the interstate, and there is a really nice mall close by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear TravelFan5355

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites as well as great customer service. Please come back and see us when you are in Sioux Falls next.

Minnesota City, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here last fall and it was in rough shape. The stains mentioned in previous reviews were in our room too....on the carpet and on the sofa. The lobby needed mopping and the room we used for a get together was trashed. We had to clean it ourselves. Felt sorry for the guy at the front desk running to get us a vacuum, new linens etc while trying to check people in.

This property seems really short staffed in maintenance and housekeeping. They really gave us the impression that they are "just trying to get by."

I have no interest in talking to anyone there at this point. The faults are glaringly obvious and it shouldn't take a bad review to point it out.

Room Tip: Site is next to the I-29, the Empire Mall parking lot and Old Chicago's parking lot. Very busy a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Newdryer,

I apologize that you did not have a good stay at our location back in November 2012. We strive for the highest of cleanliness levels as well as customer service levels at the SpringHill Suites and I am sorry that you feel you did not receive those high levels. If you would like to discuss your stay from November further, please feel free to call me directly I would be happy to address your concerns.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

There was some road noise, the other reviewer is correct about that. The breakfast was really good and staff was very friendly. I liked the modern rooms and the mirror in the bathroom. The pool was a little smaller than I expected. The only thing better would be a hot tub.

• Stayed June 2013
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear kcroyaljosh,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls. I am happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our modern suites! We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My son and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites last night and really enjoyed our stay. We had a double queen suite and the beds were very comfortable. My son (12 years old) loved that there were many pillows on his bed and we both enjoyed the two TVs. One TV was in the livingroom area and the other in the bedroom, so we could watch different things at the same time...no more fighting over the remote!

The breakfast was by far the best we have had at a hotel and it didn't cost a thing. There were hot eggs, sausage, fresh fruits, cereals, juices, and the ubiquitous waffles. We really liked it!

The only drawback, and it's not the fault of the hotel, was the pool. it's rather small and there were some teenage boys roughhousing in the pool and swearing, which wasn't ok with me. I did mention it to the front desk and they handled the situation right away.

Overall, not only will we stay at SpringHill Suites the next time we venture to Sioux Falls, but we'll be sure to search them out the next time we travel anyplace. Excellent, excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear macuser64,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments in regards to your recent stay with us! It is great to hear that our large suite provided you and your son with comfort. I am very excited that you enjoyed our breakfast, as we have recently upgraded our breakfast to include many new offerings to appeal to everyone! Thank you again for staying with us in Sioux Falls and your loyalty to the SpringHill Suites brand.

SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls

Been to SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!