“Modern and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Modern and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Many hotels sacrifice comfort for style or vice versa. This hotel was both modern and comfortable for our family of 5. The beds were great, and the breakfast in the morning was just what family needed. A short drive to either downtown or other attractions in Sioux Falls make this a great stopover or a weekend getaway. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Kswany,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are very happy that our large suite rooms were the perfect fit for your family of 5! We look forward to having you all stay with us again when you visit Sioux Falls next.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Exeter CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My family fully enjoyed our suite. Very clean and modern. Always a hotel plus when bare feet don't turn black, right? Comfortable beds, even the pull-out couch! Loads of pillows, a nice pool and variety at breakfast. And you can't beat the location, right next to the mall. The hotel was full but, there was no noise issues and we didn't have any trouble getting a good nights sleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear k8tidyd,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel while you were in Sioux Falls. We hope to see you again soon!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I do a lot of out of town overnights for work and have been a member of the Hilton HHonors program for over two years. Never had a bad experience with Hilton hotels but thought I'd see what the Marriott Rewards program had to offer and stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Sioux Falls..... as soon as I walked in my room there was a faint smell of stale cigarettes...and it just felt dirty. Upon further inspection I noticed a bunch of large stains on the carpet, and a weird brownish substance all over the side of the nightstand and on one of the lamps. The bed was thrown together very sloppily and the bathroom door had fingerprints all over it (I hadn't touched the door at all during my stay). Overall just a disgusting feel for almost $200 a night. Really not what I'd expect from a Marriott property. I'll be going back to the Hilton Garden Inn the next time I'm in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sara L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Businesstrav0127,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention as your feedback helps us improve our operation. Situations like this are very rare, and we certainly take your review seriously to correct your experience so it does not happen to another guest.

I would like to assure you that we will provide you with a resolution which is satisfactory to you and address the issues you had. If you would please contact me directly at the hotel I would be happy to discuss your experience and discuss with you any resolution that would bring about your satisfaction.

Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Location right infront of the Empire Mall equals awesome! :)
The rooms were large and the decor looks very up to date. It looks like a new hotel.
The breakfast was ok, but the lady who was helping was not very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear ichaves25,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I'm glad that the great location, and large spacious suites were appealing to you! Thank you for your comments on the breakfast as SpringHill Suites will be implementing a new breakfast program soon and your feedback is helpful for staff retraining as well. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Midwest USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is probably the nicest Springhilll Suites that I have had the pleasure of staying at in the midwest area.

I like the way the rooms are laid out, with a divider wall between the living room with a couch & the desk area and then the bedroom itself.

Also the internet has wireless and ethernet, I prefer being wired.

The room I had had a shower stall and not a bathtub. I really prefer using the shower and not having to climb into a bathtub for my shower and then climb out again. I would venture to guess that they also have rooms with tubs if that would be something you would need or prefer.

The attention could be giving to redoing the wall paper especially in the bathroom I had. It was pulling away from the corners of the walls. And the sink plunger wouldn't pop up to drain the water. The arm wasn't connected to the plunger, so I worked on getting that out, and left it for the maintenance man in the morning. (I passed that along when I saw him as I got off the elevator). He said he would take care of it immediately, he went straight up and I'm sure he did.
(My question though is this: why doesn't the cleaning staff or supervisors find these problems and report them?)

Breakfast is ok. Just like most hotels. I'm not into scrambled eggs, and I don't do creamed sausage and biscuits. So I'm glad this hotel has hot oatmeal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Toronto,Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I really liked the location of this hotel. Clean good room great shower. The only thing I would say is the make sure that the front desk hears your request well. I had given the front desk a time the heard it an hour earlier than I needed. I had to end up paying for a taxi instead of the free shuttle. Otherwise a decent stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed the the SpringHill Suites in July and were truly surprised by the quality and design of the rooms. We booked a room with a king bed and sleeper sofa. I will admit to not being familiar with the re-branded SpringHill layout, but the design of this room worked so well for our family. When you enter, there is a small kitchenette area right in front of you. To the right, there is an L shaped sofa/lounge. Between the sitting and sleeping area, there is a desk with sliding glass panels. The sleeping area has a bench by the window and a wardrobe rather than a standard closet. A pocket door connects to the bath, which is spacious and bright. There is a large walk-in shower with glass doors. Although this was considered a standard room, the outstanding design made it feel like a posh suite. In addition, the finishes were more on par with an upscale hotel with a mid-scale price tag.

The breakfast was also very nice, with some nice choices like fresh blueberries to add to the make your own waffles. There were also health choices, which was nice.

This property essentially in the parking lot of the Empire Mall, which means you are right by I-29 and a host of dinning options.

I would recommend this to families and business travels (good internet service and excellent work space makes this a good choice for those who need to get things done).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!