“super nice and roomie suites” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Kansas City, Missouri
“super nice and roomie suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

super nice and roomie suites. gave plenty of room for family of 4. kids took pullout and parents had private king in next room within suite. did not try hot breakfast, but extra $$. took about 10-15 minutes to get downtown. did not try pool/amenities.

Room Tip: ask for 4th floor so you don't have noisy people above you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear losverdes9914,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Courtyard Sioux Falls. I am very pleased that the spacious suite was accommodating for your family. Please come stay with us the next time you are in town we would love to see you again!

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sycamore, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Rapid City, SD for a family vacation. Hotel was nice, staff was great. Loved the courtyard you could sit out in. Kids enjoyed the pool and the hottub was nice also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear lizcanook,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your way to Rapid City. I am happy that you enjoyed our accommodations and that your family was able to utilize our pool, hot tub, and courtyard areas. Thank you for the nice comments on our friendly staff as we strive to please every guest. Please keep us in mind next time you are coming to Sioux Falls we'd love to have you again!

Beatrice, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights over the 4th of July and it seems like the hotel is going downhill. Our carpet in our room had red stains on it by the whirlpool tub and there was pink fingernail or toenail polish on the tile and side of the whirpool tub. I also noticed furniture in our room had not been dusted in a very long time and wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Our room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed talking to the front desk ladies working on the night of the 4th. I also feel that breakfast should be included with the price of our room. We will probably stay elsewhere when staying in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed July 2013
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear jessienelson,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with our great front desk staff! I would like to talk to you more about your room stay if you would have time to contact me directly we could further discuss as I would love for you to come back to our hotel when you are in town next.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I passed through a few days ago on my way somewhere else. I didn't know much about the area but after driving a while, we were ready to take a break. We checked in without issue and the front desk rep was very pleasant. We then headed off to a restaurant in the area for a quick bite and drink. The place is called Old Chicago and its just a short walk away from the hotel so there's definitely some stuff to do in the area. If I were making my return trip through the same area, I'd surely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Harry Diggs,

Thank you for your kind comments in regards to your stay at the Courtyard. I am happy you had a nice stay passing through town, and hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Tyler, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our first experience with this hotel was rather disappointing, but we recently gave it another shot, and have no complaints. The rooms are nice & good size. Once again, it is in a great location for shopping & dining. Note to the general manager, Sara, our first stay with Courtyard by Marriot, I notified you of issues with your front desk worker, Amanda. Ironically, on our second stay, she was the one who served us again, and I must say she was MUCH more pleasant to deal with. :) So thank you. Overall we were pleased with our stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brittanyjoh,

Thank you so much for staying at our property again, I'm so pleased that your stay went great this time. I hope that you will come back and see us again next time you are in Sioux Falls, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013, not really planned, since Fairfield Inn I had reserved with moved us to Courtyard because of over-booking and paid first night, which I find very fair to do. Courtyard was not too pleased to see me, and reception staff was not too friendly. Apart from this, usual Courtyard, very close to Empire Mall, with clean, well appointed room. Internet connection good, speedy. Ony other observation is that housekeeping somehow forgot to make up the bed, but all other areas in room were clean and towels replaced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mirror 74,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay while in town. I am very pleased that you commented positively on the internet connection and speed, as we have recently underwent an upgrade our internet. I apologize that we missed your bed being made, and not being greeted with our customary warm welcome. Although you were not originally planning on staying with us, we appreciate your business, and would love to see you back with us when you are in the area next.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love this Courtyard and have had great experiences until this time. It was very difficult to find a room in the city. When i first walked in the lady at the desk told me she had a king with a hide-a-bed which was perfect for our family. I told her I would take it had to grab my purse, by the time I came back in she said too late it's gone and all she could give us was spa room with one king bed higher in price of course. Tight fit for two adults and two children but thankful we had a place we took it. Just a little upset that I told her we would take the room and she would then just handed it to the next guy in line as I went for my purse. Then a little confusing they had my husbands discover card and used mine for incidentals. There were no incidentals but they pre-authorized my card for $ not a big deal and normally not an issue because these always just drop by the wayside in 2 days or so many hours. However over a week later it's still held there on my card. When I called the bank they said it was because of they way they requested the hold and it would actually not drop off until 4/23 three weeks later. Really? I think some places would consider this a loan. They say it's their system, I say time for a new system and they should be able to release your funds within a day or two like everyone else. Lastly I just don't understand why they were so short staffed? I know it was the weekday and normally a slow period for them but their inability to staff caused inedible food from the restaurant. We ordered two hamburger baskets and a salad. It took an hour and 45 minutes and when I went downstairs to pick it up the poor guy was telling me he was sorry but he was the only one there and he had to cook, bar tend and do everything himself for this hotel and the one across the driveway. Really? The hamburgers were cold, the fries cold and soggy as if cooked in grease that was too cold to fry and the salad had dirt in it and was gritty as if he forgot to wash the greens. So the room was great as always and if your experience stops there you will be fine if you don't mind them holding your funds 3 weeks after, the customer service gets a D and the food, well I would just eat out, it was $40.00 of yuk,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear LA H,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It sounds as if there were some communication issues on our end which I am extremely sorry for. I would like to talk to you further about your stay and also your food and beverage experience if you could contact me at your convenience so I can resolve some of your concerns.

Sara Lussman

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!