“Our Second Stay: Much Better” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #25 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Tyler, Minnesota
“Our Second Stay: Much Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our first experience with this hotel was rather disappointing, but we recently gave it another shot, and have no complaints. The rooms are nice & good size. Once again, it is in a great location for shopping & dining. Note to the general manager, Sara, our first stay with Courtyard by Marriot, I notified you of issues with your front desk worker, Amanda. Ironically, on our second stay, she was the one who served us again, and I must say she was MUCH more pleasant to deal with. :) So thank you. Overall we were pleased with our stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Brittanyjoh,

Thank you so much for staying at our property again, I'm so pleased that your stay went great this time. I hope that you will come back and see us again next time you are in Sioux Falls, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay!

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in April 2013, not really planned, since Fairfield Inn I had reserved with moved us to Courtyard because of over-booking and paid first night, which I find very fair to do. Courtyard was not too pleased to see me, and reception staff was not too friendly. Apart from this, usual Courtyard, very close to Empire Mall, with clean, well appointed room. Internet connection good, speedy. Ony other observation is that housekeeping somehow forgot to make up the bed, but all other areas in room were clean and towels replaced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mirror 74,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay while in town. I am very pleased that you commented positively on the internet connection and speed, as we have recently underwent an upgrade our internet. I apologize that we missed your bed being made, and not being greeted with our customary warm welcome. Although you were not originally planning on staying with us, we appreciate your business, and would love to see you back with us when you are in the area next.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love this Courtyard and have had great experiences until this time. It was very difficult to find a room in the city. When i first walked in the lady at the desk told me she had a king with a hide-a-bed which was perfect for our family. I told her I would take it had to grab my purse, by the time I came back in she said too late it's gone and all she could give us was spa room with one king bed higher in price of course. Tight fit for two adults and two children but thankful we had a place we took it. Just a little upset that I told her we would take the room and she would then just handed it to the next guy in line as I went for my purse. Then a little confusing they had my husbands discover card and used mine for incidentals. There were no incidentals but they pre-authorized my card for $ not a big deal and normally not an issue because these always just drop by the wayside in 2 days or so many hours. However over a week later it's still held there on my card. When I called the bank they said it was because of they way they requested the hold and it would actually not drop off until 4/23 three weeks later. Really? I think some places would consider this a loan. They say it's their system, I say time for a new system and they should be able to release your funds within a day or two like everyone else. Lastly I just don't understand why they were so short staffed? I know it was the weekday and normally a slow period for them but their inability to staff caused inedible food from the restaurant. We ordered two hamburger baskets and a salad. It took an hour and 45 minutes and when I went downstairs to pick it up the poor guy was telling me he was sorry but he was the only one there and he had to cook, bar tend and do everything himself for this hotel and the one across the driveway. Really? The hamburgers were cold, the fries cold and soggy as if cooked in grease that was too cold to fry and the salad had dirt in it and was gritty as if he forgot to wash the greens. So the room was great as always and if your experience stops there you will be fine if you don't mind them holding your funds 3 weeks after, the customer service gets a D and the food, well I would just eat out, it was $40.00 of yuk,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear LA H,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It sounds as if there were some communication issues on our end which I am extremely sorry for. I would like to talk to you further about your stay and also your food and beverage experience if you could contact me at your convenience so I can resolve some of your concerns.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was unfortunate weather that took out power in Sioux Falls, SD. Many were calling hotels for rooms because of the power outage. This happened to be the seventh hotel I called and finally there was room available and we were pleasantly surprised.
We recieved one of the last rooms at this hotel. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs as we asked for a queen double ---all that was left was a king/whirlpool suite and they would add a roll-away as there was 3 of us; when arriving & checking in she explained that she had switched us to a different room knowing there was more room available for three people. Great fresh -smelling room & Great Shower & Comfortable Bed! Excellent hotel!

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the floor, the only noise was the snow removal crew working hard cleanin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear TandCofSD,

Thank you for staying with us during the ice storm. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the wonderful review about your stay. I will make sure your comments get passed along to our staff as well, and we hope that you will stay again should you need a local getaway!

ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were fortunate to get the last available room in this hotel, and possibly in the city, during the freak Spring ice/snow storm in April 2013. We had a very comfortable king room with sofa bed. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable. It was a little noisy because of ongoing snow removal in the adjacent mall parking lot and also because of the proximity to the I-29. The bathroom had a beautiful large shower but no bath tub. It is a very convenient location. The buffet breakfast was $8.95 and was very good. There is a small pool and hot tub in the hotel. We appreciated the fact that in spite of a ruined vacation, we had a warm place with working hydro to spend two nights. We ordered pizza from room service and it was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Arenamama,

Thank you for taking the time to right a great review on the Courtyard Marriott Sioux Falls. Although the storm may have put a damper on your plans, I am glad that we could accommodate you, and thank you for all your wonderful comments. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the moment we opened the door to the room we knew it was going to be a good night. The furnishings made the room feel more like a home and less like a hotel. The bed was grand. Great TV! Shower was perfect! This is a hotel to put on the "A" list.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Skier259,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel! I am glad that you felt at home and enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again when you are in town next.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was clean, fresh smelling and the front desk was accomodating even when I had to change my room type and floor. Awesome location next to the mall and right off of the interstate. We found it right away. Breakfast was also a nice suprise. Much better than a Holiday Inn Express cinnamon roll. Nice and Hot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ShariL,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our excellent service and convenient location. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sioux Falls!

Sara Lussman

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!