“Great Refuge/Ice storm of April 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #25 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Refuge/Ice storm of April 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It was unfortunate weather that took out power in Sioux Falls, SD. Many were calling hotels for rooms because of the power outage. This happened to be the seventh hotel I called and finally there was room available and we were pleasantly surprised.
We recieved one of the last rooms at this hotel. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs as we asked for a queen double ---all that was left was a king/whirlpool suite and they would add a roll-away as there was 3 of us; when arriving & checking in she explained that she had switched us to a different room knowing there was more room available for three people. Great fresh -smelling room & Great Shower & Comfortable Bed! Excellent hotel!

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the floor, the only noise was the snow removal crew working hard cleanin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear TandCofSD,

Thank you for staying with us during the ice storm. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the wonderful review about your stay. I will make sure your comments get passed along to our staff as well, and we hope that you will stay again should you need a local getaway!

Sara Lussman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were fortunate to get the last available room in this hotel, and possibly in the city, during the freak Spring ice/snow storm in April 2013. We had a very comfortable king room with sofa bed. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable. It was a little noisy because of ongoing snow removal in the adjacent mall parking lot and also because of the proximity to the I-29. The bathroom had a beautiful large shower but no bath tub. It is a very convenient location. The buffet breakfast was $8.95 and was very good. There is a small pool and hot tub in the hotel. We appreciated the fact that in spite of a ruined vacation, we had a warm place with working hydro to spend two nights. We ordered pizza from room service and it was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Arenamama,

Thank you for taking the time to right a great review on the Courtyard Marriott Sioux Falls. Although the storm may have put a damper on your plans, I am glad that we could accommodate you, and thank you for all your wonderful comments. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the moment we opened the door to the room we knew it was going to be a good night. The furnishings made the room feel more like a home and less like a hotel. The bed was grand. Great TV! Shower was perfect! This is a hotel to put on the "A" list.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Skier259,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel! I am glad that you felt at home and enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you again when you are in town next.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was clean, fresh smelling and the front desk was accomodating even when I had to change my room type and floor. Awesome location next to the mall and right off of the interstate. We found it right away. Breakfast was also a nice suprise. Much better than a Holiday Inn Express cinnamon roll. Nice and Hot!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ShariL,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our excellent service and convenient location. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sioux Falls!

Tyler, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here Friday night. We were "greeted" by the very UNFRIENDLY desk worker, Amanda. She was more than rude to us, and her attitude made me so upset, I couldn't even deal with her. I can guarantee she won't be working there very long if she treats every guest that way. .... We got a queen room with 2 beds. It was a very nice, spacious room. Very clean, other than the shower, which looked grimey. I didn't like the fact that we paid $110/night, and they couldn't offer a continental breakfast-You have to pay extra if you want breakfast. It was an average hotel. There are better/friendlier places to stay, with better value, and more to offer. I wouldn't stay here again, but mainly just because of how we were treated by the front desk worker.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Brittanyjoh,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and letting us know about your stay. Although your room was good, I am disappointed that you did not find the service up to our excellent standards. I would be happy to address this specifically with you further if you would like to contact me directly as I want to see you stay with us again in the future.

SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend and got a good deal from our local newspaper. This is a newer hotel adjacent to a large mall. Check in was smooth and we were off to our room. Our room was a standard King bedded room. The bathroom was nice with marble counter tops and a walk in shower. I only wish the vanity counter top had been a little larger as it seemed small. The room itself was furnished nicely and included a small couch but again it seemed a tad bit small. Breakfast both mornings was very nice with a pleasant hostess. For some reason, I could not always connect or stay connected to the internet in my room. I don't ever have this problem at other hotels and we stay 85-90 nights per year in hotels. Never the less, we will probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Travelmomma78,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations and had a pleasant breakfast experience. I do apologize for any internet issues you had, as of last week we went through a full internet upgrade which will prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Pierre, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It is an average property. Very small pool and spa area. The breakfast is about $10/person and isn't really thing that spectacular. The front desk staff was very polite and friendly. The room was again what I would classify as average. Very limited TV channels with the push obviously being to buy in the in room movies. For the rate I paid (over $110), I wouldn't stay here again. As primarily a business traveler there are much, much better options in Sioux Falls. It is a difficult location to get to off of 41st street. The entrance isn't well marked off of Empire Place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear sdhockeytraveler,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff service during your stay. My regrets that you did not find value in your stay as we strive for excellence with all of our guests. I would be happy to discuss your stay further with you if you would like to contact me, as we would love to see you stay with us again.

Sara Lussman

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!