“So-So.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Tyler, Minnesota
“So-So.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here Friday night. We were "greeted" by the very UNFRIENDLY desk worker, Amanda. She was more than rude to us, and her attitude made me so upset, I couldn't even deal with her. I can guarantee she won't be working there very long if she treats every guest that way. .... We got a queen room with 2 beds. It was a very nice, spacious room. Very clean, other than the shower, which looked grimey. I didn't like the fact that we paid $110/night, and they couldn't offer a continental breakfast-You have to pay extra if you want breakfast. It was an average hotel. There are better/friendlier places to stay, with better value, and more to offer. I wouldn't stay here again, but mainly just because of how we were treated by the front desk worker.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Brittanyjoh,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and letting us know about your stay. Although your room was good, I am disappointed that you did not find the service up to our excellent standards. I would be happy to address this specifically with you further if you would like to contact me directly as I want to see you stay with us again in the future.

Sara Lussman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a weekend and got a good deal from our local newspaper. This is a newer hotel adjacent to a large mall. Check in was smooth and we were off to our room. Our room was a standard King bedded room. The bathroom was nice with marble counter tops and a walk in shower. I only wish the vanity counter top had been a little larger as it seemed small. The room itself was furnished nicely and included a small couch but again it seemed a tad bit small. Breakfast both mornings was very nice with a pleasant hostess. For some reason, I could not always connect or stay connected to the internet in my room. I don't ever have this problem at other hotels and we stay 85-90 nights per year in hotels. Never the less, we will probably stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Travelmomma78,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are pleased you liked your room accommodations and had a pleasant breakfast experience. I do apologize for any internet issues you had, as of last week we went through a full internet upgrade which will prevent this from happening in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Pierre, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

It is an average property. Very small pool and spa area. The breakfast is about $10/person and isn't really thing that spectacular. The front desk staff was very polite and friendly. The room was again what I would classify as average. Very limited TV channels with the push obviously being to buy in the in room movies. For the rate I paid (over $110), I wouldn't stay here again. As primarily a business traveler there are much, much better options in Sioux Falls. It is a difficult location to get to off of 41st street. The entrance isn't well marked off of Empire Place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear sdhockeytraveler,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the staff service during your stay. My regrets that you did not find value in your stay as we strive for excellence with all of our guests. I would be happy to discuss your stay further with you if you would like to contact me, as we would love to see you stay with us again.

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice, and would have continued coming back here for business if it wasn't so out of the way from where I have to work and I don't use a rental car so I feel bad making them drive across town just so I can stay here again.

The rooms are comfortable and modernly decorated. I have stayed in one of the king rooms with a hot tub and without. I preferred the one without because it had a bigger bathroom and better shower.

The staff was very helpful I had a bunch of stuff delivered to make care bags for the company I was visiting and all of my boxes were waiting for me in my room when I arrived.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Astaronfire,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel during your past stay. I am very pleased to share your positive comments with our staff in regards to their great service you experienced while here. We are more than happy to provide you with transportation to your work location, and would love to see you next time you are in town.

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We recently rented a room for a Family Celebration with a block of rooms for out of town guests. The hotel staff was very accomodating- if we needed something, it was there within five minutes and the staff continually checked in to make sure we had everything we needed. I would recommend for a family gathering. The only thing that was sort of dissapponinting is that the block of rooms were scattered all over the hotel. It would've been nice if we could've been closer together. This is my second stay at this hotel and both of them have been really great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sara L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Micheal B,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay and family gathering. Our staff is always excited to hear feedback from our guest that we serve. We appreciate your family staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, and we hope you will visit us again next time you are in town.

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Based on the other reviews, I'm sure the presidential suite is a bargin if you get it for free. However, if you actually pay the overinflated cost in order to provide your spouse with a romantic weekend, save your money. Dusty, dirty, and dingy are the first words that come to mind. Yes, it's huge, but no attention to detail has been paid. Rugs are shag-style from the 70's. Lamps weren't even plugged in. Lamps in the bedroom had a great feature; plugs to charge phones, etc. Or they would if the alarm wasn't using that plug. And the jacuzzi? Their site says it's a jacuzzi for two. It's the one-person model. Oh, it'll hold two, but it requires a degree of contortion and stacking that goes into the arena of kinky rather than romantic. Let's touch on the romance package that I paid for as well... The desk clerk didn't know what was included in the package to begin with, the champagne was not the brand promised (lower end was provided), and the "scented candle" was a battery operated fake candle (no scent incidently). That's like paying for a 5-star meal and ended up at Denny's. Which takes us to the food. Mediocre at best but priced higher than most hotels. No service (never once had a server come by) and had to ask for silverware at the kitchen door because they couldn't bus the tables. Overally, not happy and I feel that I've been ripped off. I know this comes off as simple complaining, but I want to warn other visitors to the area so that they know what they're getting themselves into.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mankato, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first stay at a Marriott. The room (one king sized bed on the third floor) was beautiful. Very nice furnishings, super clean bathroom, nice artwork. The room in itself was great.

We were on the third floor at the end of the hall. After being in our room for an hour, we were extremely glad we were at the end of the hall. You could hear absolutely everything. The people in the room above us, people in the hall, people in the room next to us. There was just no sound proofing in the walls what-so-ever. Luckily, we did not have anyone "rambunctious" in the rooms near us, or I cannot even IMAGINE how loud it would have been.

Also, they charge $8.95 per person for breakfast. Really? I found that rediculous in a hotel of this calibur. You get a free breakfast almost EVERYWHERE now. We walked by the breakfast each morning... It definitely was not worth it. Go to Perkins and get more food for the money. Not a big deal for us, but still something worth mentioning.

The location is great, being right next to the Empire Mall, which is very large with many shops. Also, it is close to many restaurants and fast food places. It could not have been in a better spot.

However, our card was vastly overcharged at check in, which was probably just an honest mistake on their part, but when it came time to get a refund, it took weeks. We were very unimpressed with that, and it was practically impossible to reach a person who actually wanted to take care of the problem.

Based upon everything from our stay here, I would not pay to stay here again. Pay less and stay somewhere else with rooms that are comparable, and probably get a free breakfast! This hotel will not be worth the trouble for us again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall. Too noisy otherwise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!