“Traveling” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Baumholder, Germany
“Traveling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Was late and the town was getting swamped by bikers going to sturgis. Room was clean and setup really good. Shower was awesome and huge. Clean, the staff was courteous, price was iffy.. $139 military discount but after taxes ended up as 180. Figure that out. But the stay was worth it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed just one night on our western road trip with the girls. Typical Marriott Courtyard: clean room, coffee, central breakfast and bar area. Internet was free, which has been a long time coming. room had a mini frig. The air conditioner worked well. Staff nicely stored our ice bags in their kitchen freezer. Thank you! The only tick against the hotel (and not really a big deal) the light from the hallway showed under the door, the blackout curtains didn't work well and the fire alarm right over the bed blinked all night. batteries must need changing.

Stayed July 2012
Rapid City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a very nice motel with a nice room and exercise room. However they kept the lobby area so cold that you could not enjoy it. They also do not provide a complimentary breakfast like the other motels close by for the same price.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in many motels/hotels of late and this one stands out for front desk service, quality of care and just plain mid-western hospitality.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very reasonable rates for the Courtyard. We stayed with our two kids for one night. I can't remember the room number, but it was on the same side as the elevator, just one or two rooms over. I generally don't like being that close to the elevator, but the rooms are a bit bigger. I'm not sure what other people were complaining about. Breakfast was not included, but this is nothing new if you're familiar with Marriott chain and what is or is not included with the price. Read people, it's not that hard to do. We left an item of clothing behind, and they held it for us until we were driving through about a week later. Not a problem.

I'm not sure what it would be like to stay for an extended visit, but our one night was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms that are one or two off from the elevator facing the front of the bu...
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I got the room at discount for 70 bucks through priceline so I can't complain too much; if I had paid the full price I would not have been a happy camper. The rooms are super small, not made for someone who plans on staying around for longer than a biz trip. I had to share the bed with my daughter since after I won the room on priceline the front desk told me they could not upgrade the room to have two beds. Another letdown was they are embracing the "charge for everything" system with the TV, kids get the cartoon network but everything else like Nick you have to buy in blocks which is annoying beyond belief if a parent with a young child had to stay more than a few days, once again I was only here one night and had loaded some shows on the the ipad for the kid to watch (it was close to 100 out so checking out the town was a bit too warm). The pool is super small; if you come on a busy weekend I cannot see it holding more than 10 people in there.

Good things: Right off of 94, walking distance to a few chain restaurants, and the staff at the front desk when I checked in was super nice.

Bad: Small rooms, small pool, charge you for anything they can find.

If you just need a place to sleep and can get a lower rate I would say stay, I on the other hand will try some place else next time I come through on a trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I ended up having to call 911, due to my experience with the night auditor, named "AMY". She treated me like a prisoner. She treated me like a third class citizen due to the way I was dressed. I ended up having a anxiety attack, because of the way she treated me all night! She wouldn't even let me eat in the a.m. She dumped my fruit out of a container that I was going to take out in the courtyard and eat. She threatened me all night. I have claustrophobia, and needed to be outside and walking around. My brother was with me and sleeping in the room, so I didn't want to wake him up till a.m. I would suggest that you all make sure you don't get up when she is there, she wanted to walk me up to my room. I also caught her having personal phone calls in the back room, she was embarrassed. I didn't care. They have a shuttle but, Mark the manager would not let us use it. I can't wait till Marriott Corp. hears about this. No apology for their own mistakes. Stay Away!!!!!!!!! To go the bathroom or get a drink of water you have to go in the pool area, where the chlorine level is so high I couldn't breathe.

Room Tip: Stay at the Residence Inn, where everyone is friendly and nice. They treat you with respect. They do...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!