“First Class overnight” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Fairfax, Virginia
“First Class overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in many motels/hotels of late and this one stands out for front desk service, quality of care and just plain mid-western hospitality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very reasonable rates for the Courtyard. We stayed with our two kids for one night. I can't remember the room number, but it was on the same side as the elevator, just one or two rooms over. I generally don't like being that close to the elevator, but the rooms are a bit bigger. I'm not sure what other people were complaining about. Breakfast was not included, but this is nothing new if you're familiar with Marriott chain and what is or is not included with the price. Read people, it's not that hard to do. We left an item of clothing behind, and they held it for us until we were driving through about a week later. Not a problem.

I'm not sure what it would be like to stay for an extended visit, but our one night was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms that are one or two off from the elevator facing the front of the bu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I got the room at discount for 70 bucks through priceline so I can't complain too much; if I had paid the full price I would not have been a happy camper. The rooms are super small, not made for someone who plans on staying around for longer than a biz trip. I had to share the bed with my daughter since after I won the room on priceline the front desk told me they could not upgrade the room to have two beds. Another letdown was they are embracing the "charge for everything" system with the TV, kids get the cartoon network but everything else like Nick you have to buy in blocks which is annoying beyond belief if a parent with a young child had to stay more than a few days, once again I was only here one night and had loaded some shows on the the ipad for the kid to watch (it was close to 100 out so checking out the town was a bit too warm). The pool is super small; if you come on a busy weekend I cannot see it holding more than 10 people in there.

Good things: Right off of 94, walking distance to a few chain restaurants, and the staff at the front desk when I checked in was super nice.

Bad: Small rooms, small pool, charge you for anything they can find.

If you just need a place to sleep and can get a lower rate I would say stay, I on the other hand will try some place else next time I come through on a trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I ended up having to call 911, due to my experience with the night auditor, named "AMY". She treated me like a prisoner. She treated me like a third class citizen due to the way I was dressed. I ended up having a anxiety attack, because of the way she treated me all night! She wouldn't even let me eat in the a.m. She dumped my fruit out of a container that I was going to take out in the courtyard and eat. She threatened me all night. I have claustrophobia, and needed to be outside and walking around. My brother was with me and sleeping in the room, so I didn't want to wake him up till a.m. I would suggest that you all make sure you don't get up when she is there, she wanted to walk me up to my room. I also caught her having personal phone calls in the back room, she was embarrassed. I didn't care. They have a shuttle but, Mark the manager would not let us use it. I can't wait till Marriott Corp. hears about this. No apology for their own mistakes. Stay Away!!!!!!!!! To go the bathroom or get a drink of water you have to go in the pool area, where the chlorine level is so high I couldn't breathe.

Room Tip: Stay at the Residence Inn, where everyone is friendly and nice. They treat you with respect. They do...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Our room was super comfortable and clean. It's right next to the Empire Mall so great for shopping. The shuttle to and from the airport is free and prompt but a good 15 minutes away.
Check in was a breeze! We would stay again.

Room Tip: Facing away from the highway is quieter. Some rooms don't have tubs so be sure to ask if you wan...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fargo, ND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Stayed here with a team - we were very well taken care of and enjoyed the clean and conveniently located property. Cost was less than a previous stay at the Fairfield but with better amenities. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have stayed at this Courtyard multiple times while on business in the Sioux Falls area. The property is conveniently located, has been remodeled, and is close to restaurants, shopping, and area businesses. The remodeled lobby is spacious with multiple options for meeting colleagues or friends, including the bar area. I tend to prefer Courtyards wherever I travel, and this one meets all the expectations I have.

Room Tip: There is an interstate highway on the west side of the property, but I don't recall it being a p...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!