“A Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Arkansas
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The hotel itself is nice and clean. Everyday I would go outside and sit on the patio or under the pavillion. There is free shuttle service to/from the hotel. Everyone was soooo nice. They would make conversation with you. The Empire Mall is right next door along with popular restaurants and other shops. There was construction on the roads but still easy to enter in and out.
The room has a large shower (no tub). There is a couch and table. I could look at the mall from my window. The whirlpool and swimming pool were nice. The pool was 3 and 4 feet which was great for my first lesson of swimming (LOL). There was a breakfast buffet available under $9. Again, there are other places to eat. Water (flavored with oranges) and coffee were available readily in the lobby. The hotel has a bar where they serve liquor to buy. I never heard air traffic or cars in my room. The room is noise proof. I never heard my neighbors. There were door bells on some rooms I suppose for the hearing impaired. There is a 24 hour exercise room (no, I did not use it!).

My recommendation is to visit the zoo, downtown and the Falls Park. I went to the Michael Bolten concert at the Washington Pavillion. The shutttle drivers are very friendly and love to talk if you are willing. My hat is off to them! The front desk assistants are very friendly and helpful. You really do not need a rental car. Sioux Falls is a very friendly city and not congested for 200K people. It was an amazing experience. Oh, I got a good deal for the hotel cost.

Room Tip: I had a king with a couch in the room. There is several areas of lighting (each side of the bed, lam...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

The rooms were clean and attractive. A big flat panel television with a sharp picture. The hotel is actually on the edge of the Empire Mall parking lot so we could walk to the mall easily . There are restaurants close by also. We did not have transportation and the front desk said we could be driven at no extra cost by the hotel van driver anywhere in the city. That was quite helpful. One day the driver was sick so we took the public bus which worked out okay though the stop was on the other side of the mall so we had a long walk.

This was the first time I woke up in a hotel without a sore back. Usually hotel beds are so hard that I wake up with back pain but my bed here was wonderful.

Room Tip: My room was quiet on the third floor, but the pool is on the main floor and I could hear children as...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Machida, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed the hotel for two nights. It is adjacent to the Empire mall, and a short drive from the airport. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I particularly like the desk as it is wide enough to spread documents. There is enough light as well. The breakfast is OK if not impressive. The staff is generaly pleasant, however, some at the front desk are engaged a conversation with a guest, while a few other people are waiting in line for check in. One disappointment was that they had failed to clean the room (they said that I had had "Do not disturb" sign, but I am certain I did not even use it) and reructant to do so when I requested to clean the room when I came back around 5pm. I hope this was an exception.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Pros:
Good location
Nice beds
Clean

Cons:
Higher cost
No free breakfast
Noisy

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very clean, accommodating and friendly. Great decor. Breakfast buffet was my only displeasure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a new courtyard property so it's decorated in the orange and brown 80's style of the other new ones. The rooms were fine, clean, attractive.
Parking was a problem each night. There wasn't enough parking by the hotel so guests had to park further away near a restaurant but that area was dark. It was annoying that a truck with a trailer parked sideways taking up 4-5 spots.

The surrounding area was not nice but it was close to the highway and close to nicer shopping areas a few miles away.

I would continue staying at Courtyard properties but probably not this one because of the location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 2 year anniversary. We were just wanting to get away from our one year old and two businesses for the weekend and booked a king whirlpool suite (#322). We checked in with no problems, had a lovely room with a beautiful bathroom. That night we got into the whirlpool and turned it on and it made a horrible grinding noise. My husband works on spa/pool motors and knew right away something wasn't right. Two of the jets didn't work as well. We went down to the front desk and informed them that we were having troubles with our whirlpool. Then they told us, 'Oh, we have been having problems with it and unfortunately everyone has checked in so we aren't able to move you.' It bothered me that they didn't tell us that upon check in (or even when I called and made the reservation) and put someone in that room anyways when they knew they were having problems with it. Most of the hotel staff knew we were celebrating a special occassion as my husband had the hotel order flowers and such to deliver to the room for our anniversary. They did offer to drop the room rate $20...which was still higher then the rate for a regular room. I asked if they could drop it to the rate of a regular king room since that's all we pretty much got since the whirlpool didn't work. They did agree to that. Overall we had a good time, but to be honest, we stayed at a Quality Inn in Mitchell (a hour away) on our wedding night in a king whirlpool suite and the room was bigger and just about as nice for half the price. Not sure if I'd stay again for the rate and the lack of consideration the hotel employees had for not informing us of the whirlpool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!