“Pros and Cons” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Missoula, Montana
“Pros and Cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Pros:
Good location
Nice beds
Clean

Cons:
Higher cost
No free breakfast
Noisy

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Very clean, accommodating and friendly. Great decor. Breakfast buffet was my only displeasure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a new courtyard property so it's decorated in the orange and brown 80's style of the other new ones. The rooms were fine, clean, attractive.
Parking was a problem each night. There wasn't enough parking by the hotel so guests had to park further away near a restaurant but that area was dark. It was annoying that a truck with a trailer parked sideways taking up 4-5 spots.

The surrounding area was not nice but it was close to the highway and close to nicer shopping areas a few miles away.

I would continue staying at Courtyard properties but probably not this one because of the location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 2 year anniversary. We were just wanting to get away from our one year old and two businesses for the weekend and booked a king whirlpool suite (#322). We checked in with no problems, had a lovely room with a beautiful bathroom. That night we got into the whirlpool and turned it on and it made a horrible grinding noise. My husband works on spa/pool motors and knew right away something wasn't right. Two of the jets didn't work as well. We went down to the front desk and informed them that we were having troubles with our whirlpool. Then they told us, 'Oh, we have been having problems with it and unfortunately everyone has checked in so we aren't able to move you.' It bothered me that they didn't tell us that upon check in (or even when I called and made the reservation) and put someone in that room anyways when they knew they were having problems with it. Most of the hotel staff knew we were celebrating a special occassion as my husband had the hotel order flowers and such to deliver to the room for our anniversary. They did offer to drop the room rate $20...which was still higher then the rate for a regular room. I asked if they could drop it to the rate of a regular king room since that's all we pretty much got since the whirlpool didn't work. They did agree to that. Overall we had a good time, but to be honest, we stayed at a Quality Inn in Mitchell (a hour away) on our wedding night in a king whirlpool suite and the room was bigger and just about as nice for half the price. Not sure if I'd stay again for the rate and the lack of consideration the hotel employees had for not informing us of the whirlpool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I'm a Marriott fan, and have absolutely no qualms when booking my groups at the Courtyard in Sioux Falls. It's been open for a couple of years now, but still seems brand new - and the staff bend over backwards to make you feel welcome, comfortable and at home.

Keep up the great work, and the "can do spirit" that

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised with the price and after booking the room I was informed we would be having another family member stay with us. We were not charged for a third person. The room was highly decorated and very clean. The beds were great and linens were outstanding. I got the best nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel. The breakfast was also fantastic and went with the room. It was a buffet that rivaled a classy restaurant. I was really treated with exceptional care from Karen and had a great time visiting with her. She deserves a raise! I just wish I had more time to relax and enjoy this hotel with a longer stay and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was most pleased with our stay at the Courtyard in Sioux Falls. It has a great lobby area attractively decorated and most spacious with fun use of color! Our room was quite large actually with an unique shape which made it more homey feeling and was most attractively designed. We found it quiet except when one lady chose to have a telephone conversation in the hallway near our room. The beds were comfortable as well. Main complaint is there is no free continental breakfast (you can buy your breakfast downstairs) but fortunately they do have coffee in the room. A good hotel in Sioux Falls and I would definitely return. Conveniently located if shopping at the Empire Mall.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!