“working on it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“working on it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel was a Radisson that was in desperate need of a redo, and Adoba is redoing in in a unique way. Our Eco room was done, in what I call, a "hip, 20-something"/Black Hills style. Rough-hewn wood walls (one with a bison head spray painted on it) and trim, metal, full wall poster of roaming buffalo, red counter top in bathroom, flat screen TV, and (my favorite touch) bendable LED lights on each side of the bed for reading. Although it may sound weird, the decor works in a good way. I don't think all of the rooms have been redecorated, but they are working on it, next the hallways (hopefully). The location, though, is what works best for this hotel. Right in downtown Rapid City, close to good restaurants, bars, movie theater, good shopping, and the city center where there is ice skating in the winter and concerts in the summer. If they keep up the good work, the Adoba Eco Hotel will be the great downtown hotel once again.

Room Tip: I would ask for Eco room, I think these are the rooms that have been redecorated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Vermillion, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was so impressed with my stay here!
I was in town for the weekend with my dog. I chose to stay here because of the location and price.
When I called to price match a deal I had found online, the woman on the phone was more than friendly and was able to answer all of my questions quickly and efficiently.
I really appreciated that the parking lot was in the same vicinity of the hotel (not the case with the other downtown option).
Upon arrival, I felt welcome. The man who checked me in was chipper and kind to my dog.
The room was clean and beautiful. I was concerned about being so near the train-track, but it did not have an effect on my stay.
I left my dog in the hotel room while I met friends for dinner at a nearby restaurant. I received an email from the hotel alerting me that numerous hotel guests had called the front desk to complain about my dog's barking. I returned to the hotel within minutes--there was a kind maintenance man waiting with my dog. After apologizing profusely, I was assured by the staff that it was not a big deal. I felt so bad--but they really worked hard to put me at ease.
I used my card for a complimentary drink at the martini bar (445) which is connected to the hotel, a nice, quiet place to share some time with friends.
The next morning I feasted on the AWESOME complimentary continental breakfast--what a spread! Eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, juice and much, much more.

I would highly recommend Adoba Eco Hotel whether you are on a budget, or not. Fantastic service, awesome price and quality amenities!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. I am a business traveler, and was intruiged by the concept of this hotel. The rooms are delightfully funky, decorated in a modern-rustic western theme. I loved the red countertops in the bathroom and the organic toiletries! The staff at the front desk and at the restaraunt and lounge were also friendly and went above and beyond. Ethan (I think his name was Ethan?) at the 445 lounge accommodated my need for a steak the first night I was there, and fixed me a delicious martini the next night!

The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars was that the last night I stayed there there was construction going on above my room that I believe went on past a time appropriate for a hotel. I shouldn't have to call the front desk and complain about drilling at 9:30 at night. But in their defense they did apologize and the drilling stopped shortly thereafter.

Adoba is on it's way to five stars!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

They've done a nice job with this hotel. Was formerly a Radison I guess. The common areas are nice and the amenities in the rooms are good quality. The room itself was ok, not great, not bad. The train running by at night was annoying, but that's the reality of downtown Rapid. Maybe if my room were on the other side? The service was terrific.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brandon, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location, downtown close to bars & restaurants. Staff was friendly, big breakfast buffet
was included in the stay was excellent compaired to some hotels who only have continental
breakfast. Beds were comfortable, mini cheesecake, glazed nuts & strawberries put in your
room everyday was a special treat. Nice to have a coffee shop, bar & restaurant in the hotel.
Our room was on the 8th floor and the lighting was dim. The only bright light was in the
bathroom. I have only one suggestion put one bright light in the room. With 9 floors the
elevator was fast, didn't have to wait long at all. Hotel was full. No matter what hotel people
stay at they are going to complain, but my advise to anyone who reads this go stay there. I read
some of the reviews before we stayed don't believe them all. It was worth it, we will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Yankton, South Dakota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Unless you stay in the eco rooms, this is a very outdated hotel in downtown Rapid City. The location is good, staff was helpful and food is good. The rooms however, were a real disappointment. The decor in the hallways and rooms were outdated and worn out--think older motel 6 or days inn. The noise from outside was unbearable (you could hear the outside bar crowd and cars like they were in your room and this was in January). The doors slammed shut so you could hear them all night.
I always look for highly rated hotels on priceline, etc. for a good value as I can handle a few nuiances--which is what you usually get for the "value" part. We left after one night and I have never done that before. I should have listened to the other reviews.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hot Springs, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice rooms, got an upgrade - an excellent bargain from Expedia. Staff was friendly and helpful (desk, housekeeping, and restaurant). Great location downtown, close to shopping, restaurants, and bars. Comfortable room furnishings, computer access, well-appointed weight room. The breakfast (included) was incredible. The building/room maintenance could be much better. Another drawback was the bathroom - very tight quarters. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Adoba Eco Hotel Rapid City/Mt. Rushmore? Share your experiences!