“Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
“Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are from Texas and one of our destinations was Mt Rushmore. The hotels on the way here cost more and were nit as up to date and clean. I loved in door slide. The only thing I would change is more for breakfast to chose from. Awesome hotel We ended up staying 3 nights.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

we are moving east and we stayed at this hotel it was comfortable and had a nice pool,the person at the desk was over worked with many problems and questions from guest so check in was slow also because of the bad weather of high winds we decided to leave early and the desk said we can eat 30min early but the next morning nothing was open not even coffee which they serve 24 hours a day so alot of people left without breakfast about 6 families

Room Tip: the back rooms are quietier when the wind is 30mph or more. Don't believe what desk says about e...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

We book with Choice Hotels because of my husband's business traveling. We booked this hotel for 4 nights, Wednesday through Saturday. At first arrival, I was happy with our room location on the first floor because we had front and back door entrances. The room was very spacious, lots of clothing storage, but almost more than we needed. The room was painted dark, and dimly lit. 3-way lamps only had 1 level lights in them and no overhead lighting. The noise coming from the hall was louder than some other locations. At times, it sounded as though people were in our foyer. Friday night got so loud, it sounded like people were dropping bowling balls on the floors above us. Maybe top floor would have been better?
The complimentary breakfast bar was good quality and quantity for the selection offered, but would have appreciated more than 2 cereals. Waffles were not offered until Saturday and Sundays. That was a good thing, because the waffle machine line stretched out into the hall on Saturday morning. For the number of hotel rooms, there should have been 2 machines.
All hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I felt sorry for the 1 desk clerk on Saturday evening. She had her hands full trying to answer customer check-in questions AND pool issues. 2 people on duty for the weekends?

Room Tip: 1st floor is convenient with outside and hall doors, but you will hear everyone else above you!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Twin Cities, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Our family had 2 rooms prebooked. Upon arrival one of the rooms wasn't finished although they said it was. I came down to get the sheets and pillowcases that they claimed were made (but not in the bed).

I asked for a room away from ice machines as my son has Autism. Low and behold we were placed NEXT to the ice machine. Of course when I asked to be moved, I was denied.

The worst part about the SERVICE was after we left. Since we returned home, a few clothing items were left behind in a drawer. I spoke with HOUSEKEEPING who located them and needed to provider a CC number. When I called back the next afternoon the HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR was out. For three weeks and many calls NO ONE would help.

I was told by the GENERAL MANAGER (Mitch) that only that one person could help me. He refused to look in the housekeeping lost and found (which Bree told me existed). Such poor service from a high ranking Manager.

My last call was October 1st where I was assured SOMEONE would return my call. That has yet to happen.

By now I highly doubt the items are still in the lost and found. What gets me is that your own General Manager refused to walk into the housekeeping office to physically look then take down my CC # so someone could ship the items back.

Such poor service and a serious lack of follow up.

Room Tip: 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

This was very nice--we had adjoining rooms and it worked out well. Nice Breakfast & breakfast room, but also handy to Denneys for a late arrival meal. Olive Garden was close to Freeway along with other shopping places. We stayed here while venturing out during the days to see Mt Rushmore, Sturgis, Bear Country and lots of other sites that we enjoyed on our trip from Montana with California relatives. I you have kids.. there is a great swimming pool with a slide that we even wanted to try (Senior citizens) but ran out of time. Nice stay at great rate with excellent confortable beds---Thank you!! wish all Econolodges were this nice

Room Tip: To get an adjoining room.. we were way down at the end of second floor.. there are workers staying h...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

You can't beat the price for what you get. Very nice rooms clean fridge and microwave which is great for storing food if you don't want to spend so much money to eat out every meal. The continental breakfast was good can't beat free it was very busy Saturday and Sunday morning could use 2 waffle irons for sure! The pool was very busy Saturday night wouldn't have been an issue but parents were not watching their kids and the kids were climbing up the water slide I have a 6 year old so I was not impressed with the lack of supervision not the hotels fault at all but I am guessing when you stay at a less expensive hotel those are the type of people that will be there. I would for sure stay there again the black hills are very expensive to visit so it was nice not to have to spend $150 a night! Oh the staff was great as well very friendly

Stayed September 2014
Council Bluffs, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

I spent three nights in room 208 and here are my experiences. Negatives: The ceiling construction is so poor that every foot step from occupants in the room above came through in loud squeaks/creaks. Housekeeping left behind a dirty towel on bathroom door hook from privious guest, did not remove after I left a note and on the 2nd day I got the floor supervisor to take care of it. Both blankets on the bed were dirty, numerous light brown stains, I called for replacements on my 1st night. Strangely, a 16oz. beer can was left behind in the bathroom vanity. Breakfast consisted of: 2 cold cereals,1 hot cereal, biscuits (good) and sauceage gravy (bad), hard boiled egg, breads/muffins (good), coffee/juice/milk but no tea or cocoa. Positives: The staff was friendly and aside from the one housekeeping issue, everyone was prompt to take care of my complaints. The refrigator has a nice freezer compartment. This hotel was not my choice and I would not have chosen to stay here, it something I made due with. This isn't a bad hotel, but many things could have been better.

Room Tip: Stay out of room 208!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!