“Lodging Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Sioux Falls, SD
“Lodging Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We own a construction company and frequently stay at the Econo Lodge. The staff is extremely friendly and our overall experience has been enjoyable. We highly recommend this hotel for all of your lodging needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jcarda, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
How privileged are we to have someone who likes us enough to come back on a regular basis! This tells us that we are doing our job the way that we should be. These are some of the guests that I enjoy the most because you get to know them on a more personal level where you can joke and laugh with them. These are the ones that I have the most fun with at times. Thank you for all your business. It is most appreciated and I mean that with the deepest of sincerity.

Jamie Rose Carda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Yankton, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Over the years I have stayed at a number of Hotels in the Black Hills.By chance stopped at Econo Lodge.The best decision I have made recently.The rooms were spotless.Unlike many
other hotels the staff made the room look like we had never been there on the second day..
The staff was very courteous and helpful.Special Kudos to the general manager Jamie who was very helpful in assistanting me .The attitude of the staff was so refreshing in comparison to other Hotels in the area.I highly recommend Econo Lodge..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
jcarda, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I always ask my staff to make my stay overs look the most important because they are the customers that are devoting more time into us than anyone else. You are the first to ever comment on that and that is a fantastic feeling. Thank you for the personal comment too towards myself! That also is a highlight. Sometimes you don't know if you are doing your job to those that you serve. When you are a leader you are never honestly the boss... You are constantly serving those around you to make them strong so they can lead adequately... Ironic is it not?
Thank you for your comment and I can not wait for your return service!

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was not what I remember an Econo Lodge being!! With some friendly persuasion from General Manager Jamie I agreed to give it a try. What a surprise!

Rooms were large and very nicely appointed. What I would expect to see in a much higher priced property. Another nice surprise was the hot tub! Spent some time there for sure!!

When I woke up the next morning to snow and ice, I decided there was nothing to do but go back to the hot tub and stay another day.

I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013
I loved your comment probably more than any of my customers. You went above and beyond! I ended up being one of your weather forecasters... I ended up being hammered with the mass confusion of summer approaching and now haven't talked to you in awhile..
Mr. photojo I hope that you are still doing well and that your travels have done you even better... for all the tripadvisors that I have ever answered I hope that you know that yours was the most deserved and I mean that graciously and with a bow...

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We do a lot of traveling for our company and have never come across such wonderful service as we did during our 2 different stays at this EconoLodge. From the management to housekeeping, all staff were professional and friendly. Thier consistant outward show of courtesy and professionalism to all of their guests is phenomenal. The hotel itself has recently been updated beautifully making thier accomodations much more pleasurable. In addition to a nice environment, their amenities: indoor pool, wifi, breakfast, etc, left nothing to be desired. Our crew, and myself, are extremely satisfied. Our only complaint is that we cant this Econolodge and its staff on all of our out of town trips!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jcarda, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
First and foremost, I would like to take the time as you did to say thank you for complimenting our hotel. We take a lot of pride in the customers and their needs. It is always soooo rewarding when a customer takes the time to write a review about what they found most pleasureable in our hotel. I noticed that you have given our hotel return service and that is amazing. You are very appreciated! Thank you for your repeated business and thank you for your considerate and wonderful review here on TripAdvisor.com! I hope to see you here again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of this hotel, the politeness of the staff, and the fun pool and large slide! We checked in mid afternoon and were greeted by a friendly front desk employee. Check in was quick and easy. We went right to our room and were surprised at how nice they were for what we paid. The rooms were also very clean. We ended up having an issue with or toilet not flushing and the staff immediately tried to resolve the issue but they couldn't and were unable to get maintance until the next day so they moved us to another room AND upgraded us to a nice large family suite for our trouble! The kids had a blast in the pool and sliding down the large twisty slide and we all enjoyed relaxing in the hot tub. The pool is a little on the small side but it worked well for us and the slide made up for the smaller pool. The location is great also as its a short driving distance from shoppin and restaurants. We'd gladly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
jcarda, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am sorry that you had some trouble with the plumbing, however, I am very pleased that my staff handled it diligently and professionally. I take pride in all the staff and their training. A General Manager is only as good as the staff and how it handles all its customers. We have made some major improvements in the last year and we continue to do so each and every day. These comments that our customers supply us with, not only tell us what we have to improve on, but also what we have been doing right. For this I thank you so very much! Without you and your business we would not have a business. Thank you and I hope that all your future stays at our hotel live up to the expectations you desire.
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

After a morning at the doctor's office a young man at the front desk was so nice to me. Helped me get checked in with a room on the ground floor that made it easy to get my suitcase to. He checked on me when I came down for ice and the next morning said, oh, are you leaving us already. Thank your Jonathan Dodge-Kelly for making a taxing stay much better. All front desk help should be so kind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
jcarda, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
This makes me very proud! Thank you for your review! Jonathan is one of our newest staff members and I am glad that he understands exactly what it takes to make the customer feel at home when the customer is not able to be at home. Doctor's visits are not always fun, and it is important for staff to remember this in our business. When a customer writes and let's me know that one of my staff remembers this, my heart swells because this let's me know that he is making this hotel different from the rest. That is what it takes to make an average hotel an amazing hotel. Managers go through thousands of interviews a year trying to find indaviduals just like this. Sadly it doesn't happen very often. When a customer takes their time to let me know that I have found one, my appreciation swells in leaps and bounds. Now I have not only found a front desk clerk that has went the extra mile, but I have also found a customer that has went the extra mile too... That is truly appreciated and genuine... Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Friendly front desk staff.
Clean room and great price.
Needed to stay just one night for meeting and this was a great choice
The two staff on duty when I checked in were very friendly and helpful. Mike and Jonathan.

• Stayed March 2013
jcarda, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am very happy that my staff could be accomodating to you since you had to be delayed in your plans in departing Rapid. Jonathan and Michael are very valued in the Econo Lodge of Rapid City. I would be lost without both of these two. It always makes me happy to hear that things are going well with my customers when they are in times of need and the customer was handled appropriately. This is when the customer needs the most care and patience. I wanted to take the time to thank you for your time for your thoughtful review. I would have responded more rapidly, but with the weather in Rapid, it has put me a bit behind. Be sure, however, that you were never forgotten and your review was very appreciated and touching. Michael and Jonathan were both rewarded for their outstanding service also! Thank you so much and we hope to see you here again and I hope we are just as accomodating as before!

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!