“Tiny bathroom” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn I-90

You added Comfort Inn I-90 to your Saves list
Comfort Inn I-90
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 North LaCrosse St, Exit 59 off I-90 - South on LaCrosse St, Rapid City, SD 57701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Riverside, CA
“Tiny bathroom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Check-in was fast and friendly. The room had pleasant, modern décor but felt cramped. There was no closet; the clothes and the ironing board hung in the doorway! The iron was mounted in the bathroom. We had a room at the end of the hallway, and it seemed to us that it was smaller than the other rooms. We felt cheated, since we paid the same rate. The room had good air conditioning, a safe, a large mini-fridge (no freezer), and a microwave. There were two chairs that were not very comfortable. The lighting was decent, but not so good in the bathroom. The bathroom was small with almost no counter space. The shower head was good, and there was plenty of hot water. The towels were not absorbent because they were not 100% cotton. We had a pretty good breakfast with hot items. Overall, this room was not worth the $125 we were charged. We had a wonderful steak dinner at Minerva's just on the other side of the interstate.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eliza L, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-90, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! Reviews like yours let us know what we're doing right, and where we can improve. We offer several different room types to accommodate individual guest's needs, including single Kings and Queens, Double Queens, Jacuzzi Suites, and spacious two-room family suites. Please contact me personally next time you're in Rapid City, and I'd be happy to upgrade you to a room that suits your needs. We'd love another opportunity to impress you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Tenn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is not on I-90 which is a little confusing since we passed a Comfort Inn right at an exit on the east side of Rapid City. We had a room with queen bed and a table with four chairs. The room had plenty of space and was comfortable. They were doing construction on the outside and we had the first room next to all the scaffolding. Early in the morning it sounded like someone was scraping the wall opposite our room. We were rising early anyway, but I don't know if this room should have been used for guests during construction. The room was very quiet at night though. Maybe because it is not right on the interstate. The breakfast was underwhelming. Since there is limited seating they should offer more pastries or muffins that you can grab and go with a cup of coffee.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eliza L, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-90, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review! I appreciate hearing about your experience during your stay. I apologize for any confusion with our location. We are indeed located just one block from Exit 59 on I-90, and we are the only Comfort Inn in this area of Rapid City. I hope you found our location to be ideal for your needs, with lots of dining and shopping all within walking distance!

Also, during your stay we were undergoing an exterior remodel of the entire hotel. We worked very hard to ensure our guests would not be disturbed during this transition, and I am very sorry to hear that you experienced some noise. I do hope you'll come back and see us again now that our project is nearly complete, so you can see the final result! Thank you again for staying, and we look forward to being of service again in the future!
Stilwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

From check-in to check-out our stay at Comfort Inn I-90 was excellent. The room were clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating and the breakfasts were delicious. Our 4-night stay was made easier by having our rooms on the 1st floor. We made this request because of medical reasons. We were pleased that Comfort Inn staff was able to grant this request.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Eliza L, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-90, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Harold, I am so pleased to hear that you gave Comfort Inn a try, and that your stay was a comfortable one! I encourage you to enroll in Choice Privileges, which will earn you points towards free stays, gift certificates, and much more! We'd love to have you back again as a frequent guest, and we'll get you signed up for this great program! Take care, and please call us when you're back in Rapid City.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our room was near the hotel laundry facility where the door was always left open. The smell of cigarette smoke was very strong and after staying just one night I was stuck with the smell and taste of smoke. The front desk was helpful and friendly. The hotel needs a good updating.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello, Laura! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Comfort Inn I-90.We are a 100% smoke free facility, and we work hard to keep it that way. On the very rare occasion that this rule is violated, we do everything in our power to make sure it does not affect future guests. I'd love for you to return, and I encourage you to let me know right away if anything about your stay is less than perfect. I will personally make it right! Also, we're in the process of upgrading our bedding and pillows, as well as finishing up our exterior and interior remodeling work. Please come back and see the final results this winter! We hope to be of service again in the future!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean and comfortable room, and wonderful breakfast in the morning. Staff was kind, as we checked in late, and we all slept well since the beds were very comfortable. This was one of many stops along our route from Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands, to home in Liberty Township. Thank you, Comfort Inn!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank YOU, Holly! It was a pleasure to have your family with us, and I am thrilled that you had a great experience with the staff here. We work hard every day to make sure our guests know that they are important to us, and reviews like yours let us know that we're doing it right. Take care, and we hope to have you as a guest again in the future!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The staff at this Comfort Inn went and above & beyond to get us on the Mount Rushmore tour.
The room was clean,comfortable & the breakfast was great.The location was great for the trips into the black hills, and mount rushmore.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Doug - Thank you for reviewing your stay! My entire staff is happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and that their performance was so outstanding. I also hope you enjoyed your visit to Mt. Rushmore and the Black Hills area. Take care, and please stay with us again.
Somersworth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife, 2 sons and myself planned to stay for a week in Rapid City. When we arrived we were told that they had an apartment above the utility shed out back behind the hotel. Since we were staying so long we should look into. The front desk girl was so nice and even gave us the key to look at it first. The apartment had a living room with a pull out couch, a full kitchen and a bedroom. It even has it's own parking space. To make this even better it was 10 dollars a night cheaper than a regular hotel room. We saved a lot of money making our own lunch and dinners. The breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast and the staff was very friendly and the food was good. The only draw back to the apartment was you can hear the staff under you getting ready for work in the morning, this didn't bother us since we are all early risers and were up before they got to work, but if you like to sleep late be warned.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom - Thank you! You stayed in our "Apartment Suite", which happens to be my favorite! Equipped with a full kitchen, separate bedroom and living room, and its own parking spot, it really is an ideal spot for extended stays. Thank you for your feedback on the morning disruption. Our maintenance staff likes to get an early start to ensure that our guests don't encounter any problems, but I will certainly bring this to their attention and have them keep this in mind for future guests! We appreciate your review!

Been to Comfort Inn I-90? Share your experiences!