In the budget category - this hotel was a real gem. We stayed in one of their family "suites" for an incredible on-season price and enjoyed very comfortable, clean, roomy and well kept accommodations. Everything worked, everything was generous. The sound protection in the room was outstanding. The air conditioning was spectacular for multiple 105 deg F days in a row. The beds were adequately comfortable. The bathroom was perfectly good enough.
When I take in the context of price, location and season and add-in the value we received for the room, the building, the incredible breakfast and most of all the A+ friendly over-the-top service - this becomes a five-star experience for my family.
* The rooms in general
* Location: The hotel is right in the middle of tons of nearby services and shops you might want to access. It's ridiculously convenient. Rapid City itself is a great "base" for a SD vacation.
Areas that could use some improvement:
* Pool: I can appreciate that there is no hotel budget for lifeguards and that the staff are very busy attending to guests... but when the pool is overrun by 10-year-old jerks who's parents aren't around and are running and canon-ball jumping into the pool from every direction, it's sort-of hard for anyone else to enjoy it. I'm not sure how a hotel staff would address this kind-of a sensitive issue without ticking off the families that were implicated in bad behavior but the other families in the hotel are certainly disappointed when they can't swim.
One more additional note: I can't say enough good things about every single staff person we encountered. All of them from the front desk through the maid-service seemed totally friendly, approachable, and committed to customer satisfaction in every way. I particularly enjoyed the kindly older lady (probably a property owner?) who walked around the breakfast area engaging with customers in a personal way.
I traveled with family this time for a vacation - boys 6 and 8, my wife and I, her parents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Award Winning hotel is sure to make your stay a comfortable and memorable one. We offer a great breakfast with various hot items served daily in a nice dining area. All rooms have new carpet, upgraded beds, flat screen TVs, some with a refrigerator and a microwave and spacious Family Suites too! The Millstone Family Restaurant is just a short walk out our door - directly in front of the hotel. Easy access off of I-90 at Exit 59 and near the entrance to the new Rushmore Crossing shopping area means you are close to many stores and a variety of restaurants. We're only 5 minutes to historic downtown Rapid City and there is a FREE double-decker bus that will take you there May through September. Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial or any attraction, park or national forest in the Black Hills or Badlands are not more than 60 minutes away. No need to pack & unpack your bags every night! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn I-90 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Rapid City Comfort Inn