In the budget category - this hotel was a real gem. We stayed in one of their family "suites" for an incredible on-season price and enjoyed very comfortable, clean, roomy and well kept accommodations. Everything worked, everything was generous. The sound protection in the room was outstanding. The air conditioning was spectacular for multiple 105 deg F days in a row. The beds were adequately comfortable. The bathroom was perfectly good enough.
When I take in the context of price, location and season and add-in the value we received for the room, the building, the incredible breakfast and most of all the A+ friendly over-the-top service - this becomes a five-star experience for my family.
* The rooms in general
* Location: The hotel is right in the middle of tons of nearby services and shops you might want to access. It's ridiculously convenient. Rapid City itself is a great "base" for a SD vacation.
Areas that could use some improvement:
* Pool: I can appreciate that there is no hotel budget for lifeguards and that the staff are very busy attending to guests... but when the pool is overrun by 10-year-old jerks who's parents aren't around and are running and canon-ball jumping into the pool from every direction, it's sort-of hard for anyone else to enjoy it. I'm not sure how a hotel staff would address this kind-of a sensitive issue without ticking off the families that were implicated in bad behavior but the other families in the hotel are certainly disappointed when they can't swim.
One more additional note: I can't say enough good things about every single staff person we encountered. All of them from the front desk through the maid-service seemed totally friendly, approachable, and committed to customer satisfaction in every way. I particularly enjoyed the kindly older lady (probably a property owner?) who walked around the breakfast area engaging with customers in a personal way.
I traveled with family this time for a vacation - boys 6 and 8, my wife and I, her parents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn I-90 is ideally located in the heart of town, just south of Interstate 90. This Rapid City hotel provides easy access to many attractions and events, including Mount Rushmore National Memorial, the Black Hills National Forest, Stage Barn Crystal Cave, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Rushmore Mall and Reptile Gardens. Rapid City offers something for everyone, including indoor activities, outdoor recreation, museums, art and entertainment. The surrounding area is home to many annual festivals, art exhibits and events, including the Festival of Lights, Pioneer Holiday Traditions and the Black Hills Corvette Classic. Many restaurants and lounges can be found around Rapid City, including several near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Comfort Inn I-90 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Rapid City Comfort Inn