“Nice hotel at a Good Price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Rapid City
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“Nice hotel at a Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I and another couple booked this hotel for 8 days while visiting the sights in the Badlands, and Black Hills, etc. and we were very pleased. Our room was very clean and spacious, the entire staff was cordial and friendly and the complimentary breakfast was exceptionally good, especially the waffles and breakfast buns. It was reasonably priced. A real gem in the Black Hills.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
La Grange, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Our room was really worn out and needed updating.
No elevator. If you get a military discounted room, it will most likely be on the second floor at the rear of the building even if there are rooms available on the first floor. When we asked for a room on the first floor we were told that we could not get one because we were paying the "military rate" for the room. There were rooms available on the first floor the night we stayed. So we had to shelp or bags up the dark rear stairway to the second floor. If you happen to get a room with a SAFE you will be charged $1.50 automatically until you tell the front desk that you did not use the SAFE and they remove it from your bill. Pretty sneaky if you ask me. We won't be staying in Rapid City again, too expensive.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
search4truth, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-90, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
I am very sorry your experience was anything less than exceptional! We strive to ensure that ALL of our guests are treated like royalty, as if they were a guest in our own home. Please call me personally the next time you're heading this way and I will make this right. Thanks for staying with us and a special thank you for your service. Diane - 6053482221
Verona, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our room was nice and clean. Front desk was nice and efficient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This stop for us became our end destination!! my daughter and I were at a local competitor hotel and the toilet wouldn't even flush!! this hotel for service and reasonable price is a wonderful option for seeing the wonderful history, monuments, rock formations and beautiful countryside of the Badlands and Black Hills - the manager Diane Huber was helpful and friendly as all of the staff - desk and floor - we would return in a heart-beat!! Thank You!! Kind regards, Len Nowicki (2-5Aug 2011)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This hotel is very homey and clean. Everybody there was friendly! We asked the front desk workers many questions and they all had opinions about the restaurants and tourist attractions. Again, very helpful and nice. The pool was really fun. It was a good size and went up to 5 1/2 ft deep. They also had a nice hot tub that you could make fizz for up to 15 min. I loved the pools! The one complaint I have is that the shower head did not have really good water pressure, but if that is the only thing that went wrong, that is okay! The free breakfast was really good. They had tons to choose from including- eggs (hard boiled and scrambled), sausage, biscuits (with gravy, butter, jelly), cereal, muffins (YUM), doughnuts, and more. Ooh, and the waffles. Those were delicious.
Out of the three hotels we stayed at on our trip, this was #1!

Plus, they had a banner that said they were the Golden Award Winner (or somehting like that). Not sure what that is, but I guess it is good.

Also, they were in the middle of all the tourist attractions and state/national parks of the area. Not too far from Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands, Custer State Park, Black Hills National Forest, and other places. There is also a mall nearby.

This is a great hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We reserved several rooms to meet as a prelude to our family reunion which was scheduled at a camp outside of Rapid City. It was a perfect location with miniature golf and Wal-Mart right next door, along with several restaurants in the area to choose from, one of which was adjacent to the hotel. We enjoyed a fantastic hot breakfast and all of our rooms had been reserved in the same hallway of the hotel, making it convenient to gather. The rooms were quite nice with new furnishings, plenty of space and very clean. The check-in staff was very gracious and welcoming. We would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to when we can return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Even though the reviews were all very positive, I was not happy about staying at a Comfort Inn. Thankfully, TripAdvisors did not steer my family wrong and we had a nice stay.

The location for our needs was perfect. We did not want to stay in Keystone, so this was a good alternative. Mt. Rushmore is less than 40 minutes away and the next day, Jewel Cave was an easy drive too. While not a fancy city, there were a selection of family restaurants. Target is on one side of the hotel and Wal Mart on the other.

Without a doubt, the service at this location was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and eager to make sure that we were comfortable. This was consistent throughout our stay. From check in, to housekeeping, to the breakfast staff, service was provided with a smile.

The room was large. We had a suite, with a separate sleeping area. The bedding was not as modern or new as other hotels, but overall it was very clean and comfortable.

The breakfast room was nice. The staff was so accommodating. The coffee was fresh, as were the breads, cereals etc. They also had a waffle machine. It was very clean, well maintained and made a great product.

My top points here include: Location, Size of Room, Cleanliness and Friendliness of the staff.

My least favorite things-- The bedding/mattresses were just ok and the hotel has not been updated in a while. (Neither of these things prevented us from a decent nights sleep.)

If in the area, I would stay here again and again avoid (my perceived) tackiness of Keystone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
search4truth, General Manager at Comfort Inn I-90, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
We are so happy you stayed with us and found it enjoyable.We try to make each stay a memorable one.
We are in the process of purchasing new mattresses for all the rooms and hopefully you can come stay with us again.
Thank you for your comments..It keeps us on track
Diane Huber GM

Been to Comfort Inn I-90? Share your experiences!