“Good old time dining” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 205 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Hamburgers, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: A family owned favorite for 30 years offering American cuisine for breakfast lunch and dinner. Be sure to try the South Dakota Buffalo, a delicious summer staple. Named ‘Best Favorite Restaurant’ by the RC Journal, the staff is devoted to community partnership and civic endeavors.
Great Falls, Montana
“Good old time dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food is old school and mouth watering. The breakfast is the best in my opinion. The service is friendly and really accommodate kids. It's usually very busy, so get there at the right time or wait in line.

Visited December 2012

84% Recommend
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The entire staff was friendly and the food was excellent and a great value. But even better was the dessert selection and taste. The Snicker'd Pie was one of the best desserts I've ever had. The pies and carrot cake were also excellent. The server and manager even gave us a pie for free because of my in-laws 40th anniversary. This kind of unexpected kindness really elevates a restaurant from good or great to fantastic and memorable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“I had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We are on an east to west coast trip. Decided to have dinner here upon reading prior reviews. Usually the reviews are a good reference point but not with this restaurant. We had to wait 10 minutes even though tables were empty. Then we were seated right next to a very large group and me and my husband could not have a decent conversation without yelling at each other. So this is not a date night/evening place at all. I had the Liver and Onion with mashed potatoes and it was ok but not great. My husband had asked for water and a beer and we had to remind the waitress to bring the beer after 15 minutes. My husband had the salmon and a baked potato. The salmon was not fresh and i personally think chain restaurants do a better job. The baked potato was the smallest we had ever seen. We ordered key lime pie to go and the slice was literally a joke. We shared it because thats what we do but even for one person it was very very small. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not come here again if we come back this way.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“How many types of pie do you have?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wonderful pie and superb bison burgers. Locally owned ad]nd run for over 30 years. A bit cheesy looking form the outside, but press on...

Visited May 2013
Peoria, IL
“Awesome Food, Save Room for Dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just left this place and couldn't wait to write a review. I had the best coconut cream pie, all made from scratch, that I've ever eaten. This place boasts of the best pastry chef in South Dakota, and I'd have to say that is probably right. The dessert case was full of so many different choices that I had a hard time choosing. The portion size is generous, so be sure to save room after your meal.
Dinner was quite good as well. I had the Blue Walnut Salad, and the smaller portion was just right, in keeping with my plan to save room for dessert. My husband had the special, which was barbeque chicken with their own barbeque sauce, baked beans, cole slaw and cornbread. He said it was all very good.
Their homemade breads are to die for as well. The offering this particular evening was salted rosemary, a sweet bread, which was served warm.
The waitress who served us was very friendly and welcoming and the service was great. No complaints on this one!
We will most likely go back for breakfast in the morning, we liked this place so well.
You can't go wrong with choosing this restaurant but you will have a hard time choosing your dessert. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013